VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:47 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:I was low-key expecting scum to for some reason pass by the opportunity to CC me.

if this means anything I started the Hypo to appear Nea with my check.
Claiming not cit means your check cannot be wrong in mafpov combined with me visiting Lemon.
Makes me killbait if tracked.

Do you think I wouldn't CC you if I was town? o:

Given I have a TR on Javi and liked the timing of their visitor claim, I don't have much reason to go for them.
Besides, it's either scum allow 2 visitors to get easily confirmed or attempt a mislynch.

How are Visitors confirmed in this set up? o:
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:49 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:I was low-key expecting scum to for some reason pass by the opportunity to CC me.

if this means anything I started the Hypo to appear Nea with my check.
Claiming not cit means your check cannot be wrong in mafpov combined with me visiting Lemon.
Makes me killbait if tracked.

Do you think I wouldn't CC you if I was town? o:

Given I have a TR on Javi and liked the timing of their visitor claim, I don't have much reason to go for them.
Besides, it's either scum allow 2 visitors to get easily confirmed or attempt a mislynch.

How are Visitors confirmed in this set up? o:

Because there are only 2 in the setup?
No 3rd visitor claim confirms the 2 visitor claims.

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:53 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:I was low-key expecting scum to for some reason pass by the opportunity to CC me.

if this means anything I started the Hypo to appear Nea with my check.
Claiming not cit means your check cannot be wrong in mafpov combined with me visiting Lemon.
Makes me killbait if tracked.

Do you think I wouldn't CC you if I was town? o:

Given I have a TR on Javi and liked the timing of their visitor claim, I don't have much reason to go for them.
Besides, it's either scum allow 2 visitors to get easily confirmed or attempt a mislynch.

How are Visitors confirmed in this set up? o:

Because there are only 2 in the setup?
No 3rd visitor claim confirms the 2 visitor claims.

Ohhh, I thought you were saying there was a mechanical way to confirm Visitors. If that were the case, I'd be asking why we weren't doing something like that instead of just trying to lynch one of the Visitor claims.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:16 am

@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?
mist ~ she/they
User avatar
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:24 am

Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

- Last ditch attempt with Hyena's slot being in the lower end of the PoE
- Claiming visitor gives them a chance at mislynching a Visitor
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless
- Keeps away from 2 visitors from being confirmed

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:32 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

- Last ditch attempt with Hyena's slot being in the lower end of the PoE
- Claiming visitor gives them a chance at mislynching a Visitor
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless
- Keeps away from 2 visitors from being confirmed

why does none of this apply to you as well?
mist ~ she/they
User avatar
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:38 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

- Last ditch attempt with Hyena's slot being in the lower end of the PoE
- Claiming visitor gives them a chance at mislynching a Visitor
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless
- Keeps away from 2 visitors from being confirmed

why does none of this apply to you as well?

There are limited but strong reasons to cc Visitor but I guess it is almost identical to claiming 2nd.

Only one that doesn't apply to me is:
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

- Last ditch attempt with Hyena's slot being in the lower end of the PoE
- Claiming visitor gives them a chance at mislynching a Visitor
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless
- Keeps away from 2 visitors from being confirmed

why does none of this apply to you as well?

There are limited but strong reasons to cc Visitor but I guess it is almost identical to claiming 2nd.

Only one that doesn't apply to me is:
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless

I guess?

Why is hyena scum over Javi to you?
mist ~ she/they
User avatar
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:10 am

also I did not say it but hi hyena!
mist ~ she/they
User avatar
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:42 am

Chemist1422 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

- Last ditch attempt with Hyena's slot being in the lower end of the PoE
- Claiming visitor gives them a chance at mislynching a Visitor
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless
- Keeps away from 2 visitors from being confirmed

why does none of this apply to you as well?

There are limited but strong reasons to cc Visitor but I guess it is almost identical to claiming 2nd.

Only one that doesn't apply to me is:
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless

I guess?

Why is hyena scum over Javi to you?

Javi's SoD2 mindset was villa regarding hypoclaims, looked like he genuinely thought wolves were provoking hypoclaims with Wabbit being against it, Wabbit's flip seemed to make him hesitate on hypoclaims.
I also liked the timing of his Visitor claim as soon as he saw the first idea being prompted.
SparkingJayYT wrote:Lemon posts content D1 to get-by, doesn't show up at EoD which they said they would with my assumption being they did it to keep their vote on Wabbit, slanks D2 making empty promises.

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:43 am

also wb Hyena lol, this is just bad timing for a welcome back message.

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:55 am

@Hyena
How did you know you were CCing Jay but not Javi?
mist ~ she/they
User avatar
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:28 am

Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

I don't really know the context of Jay claiming Visitor yet, so I don't know what his (or Javi's) intentions could be if he is fakeclaiming visitor right now. I don't think I'd even view fakeclaiming Visitor as alignment indicative right now if I had to be honest. That's just from my perspective though since this is pretty much D1 for me.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:31 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@hyena and sparking
what’s the value in the other one fakeclaiming visitor?

- Last ditch attempt with Hyena's slot being in the lower end of the PoE
- Claiming visitor gives them a chance at mislynching a Visitor
- Lemon/Hyena claiming Citizen/Not visitor likely would lead to pressure on their slot regardless
- Keeps away from 2 visitors from being confirmed

#2 and #4 are fair points. With regard to #1, I didn't really know Lemon's standing in the game before I replaced in. I read very little before joining. As for #3, I think I'd receive pressure regardless of what I claimed, because I'm Hyena. :P
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:32 am

Chemist1422 wrote:also I did not say it but hi hyena!


SparkingJayYT wrote:also wb Hyena lol, this is just bad timing for a welcome back message.


Hey, hey. <3 Good to see you two, of course.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:35 am

Chemist1422 wrote:@Hyena
How did you know you were CCing Jay but not Javi?

So, I lied when I said I didn't read a single post. I knew enough about the game to know that you, Poly, and Jay were both in the game and alive at the moment. Thus, I did try to read a couple of recent posts from you three since I like working with you three when I can.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:46 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@Hyena
How did you know you were CCing Jay but not Javi?

So, I lied when I said I didn't read a single post. I knew enough about the game to know that you, Poly, and Jay were both in the game and alive at the moment. Thus, I did try to read a couple of recent posts from you three since I like working with you three when I can.


hi hyena

/vote Hyena

(((Chem should still be next on the list though)))
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:49 am

though actually, now that I think about it

I think there's a chance this is legit for ~reasons
(I think said reasons should be fairly clear to anyone reading the thread btw)

/vote Chemist
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:50 am

LOLingHyena wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:@Hyena
How did you know you were CCing Jay but not Javi?

So, I lied when I said I didn't read a single post. I knew enough about the game to know that you, Poly, and Jay were both in the game and alive at the moment. Thus, I did try to read a couple of recent posts from you three since I like working with you three when I can.

In my ISO I did say Javi was visitor a couple of times after the most recent time I called myself visitor:
Spoiler:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Jabichuelas wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:Javi why the fuck are you still voting me

pedit nvm then

wow okay

I said nvm then, you're gucci fellow visitor.

SparkingJayYT wrote:Still no cc? Okay then.

Flake is villa from his optimism with his plan
Kosmo probs v - Cit
Uzay probs v - Cit
Poly probs v - ?

The game should be more or less solved.

Nea - ?
JK - ?
Visitor - Jay
Visitor - Javi
Citizen - Wabbit [Confirmed]
Citizen - Dota [Confirmed]
Citizen - Hellosither [Likely]
Citizen - Kosmo [Likely]
Citizen - Uzay [Likely]
Citizen - [Poly/Lemon/Chem/Crimson/3Cheers/Cob]

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:51 am

3cheersforidiots wrote:though actually, now that I think about it

I think there's a chance this is legit for ~reasons
(I think said reasons should be fairly clear to anyone reading the thread btw)

/vote Chemist

Change of plans, Hyena is claiming visitor

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:53 am

Right, so my tinfoil doesn't make sense in light of recent developments

/vote Hyena

still should be followed by Chem
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 am

I think there is a *very* decent chance of Chemist/Hyena flipping two scums atp
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:56 am

though confbias probably plays into it as well
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0


ImageImage
User avatar
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:53 am
Location: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2)

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:59 am

mmm

I think w!Hyena's buddies would be waiting to see if my wagon takes off, potentially without chipping in if they can and are able to pull off a mislynch
3cheers opposing a potential mislynch on me feels weird for it to be w/w. my reads are probably fucked up somewhere

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby SparkingJay » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:05 am

@3cheers who is scum in [Uzay/Kosmo/Cob/Hellosither]

Image
User avatar
SparkingJay
Investigator
Investigator
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:35 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jeeper5 and 22 guests