VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Game Over

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM70 | Manatees (pt. 2) | Day 2

Postby Jabichuelas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:31 pm

what I don't get is why does poly still consider sparking scummy, guess we'll find out
/vote Sparking

probs couldn't clear everything, will try to fix that tomorrow
sorry if I was aggressive
call me Javi because it's shorter
Spoiler: Image
Jabichuelas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Jabichuelas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:34 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:Also anyone who hypo’d a red check is bad at hypos

Though the visitors really should’ve claimed D1 because they have more utility as ICs than tracker bait

yay im bad at hypos

Visitors will have to claim, then?
Jabichuelas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Jabichuelas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 pm

Hellosither wrote:
Jabichuelas wrote:what I don't get is why does poly still consider sparking scummy, guess we'll find out
/vote Sparking

why are you blindly trusting poly's judgement

check the spoiler in the previous post
Jabichuelas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Jabichuelas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Hellosither wrote:ya visitors should claim

ok
im one of them
Jabichuelas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Jabichuelas » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 pm

less than 24h warning
gonna sleep now
Jabichuelas
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:49 pm

fwiw

I don't think it's worth it anymore since we decided on hypos but I wonder if it's also viable to just have all 4 PRs claim visitor
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Hellosither wrote:im flake btw, bored of typing weirdly

hypo: Jabichuelas - Cit

prodging till eod2 bye losers

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:I'm read 0 posts ama

excellent

also i realise i just slipped into shitposting mode this is not good we'll see what the rest of the thread has to offer
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:SHC is generally not a great tell in games with multiple PRs

Then again it's a neapolitan setup so it's probably not terrible? people do keep posting "not cit" hypos which is dumb and bad

me and lemon already shouted a lot lmao
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:50 pm

ok the thread got worse fml

jabi has basically converted themself to my side of thoughts except apperentally i'm scum in that scenario so rip.

anyway i thought of the best hypo: rb'd which is unironically better than a lot of the hypos given so far.
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:51 pm

i have no idea what's happening anymore

but poe is like [cob, sparking, 3cheers + like [uzay, kosmo] as sides]
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:53 pm

maybe i should interact with the other players jeez i'm so smart
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 pm

polypies73 wrote:i have no idea what's happening anymore

but poe is like [cob, sparking, 3cheers + like [uzay, kosmo] as sides]

actually i forgot crimson idk seems a bit utr let's iso
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 pm

problem with crimson is I can barely find their original thoughts/reads. too much commentary. though it doesn't feel like they're trying to make stuff up, i just don't really know what they're actually thinking.
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby polypies73 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:02 pm

also if you want some quick reasons why sparking is scum.

basically just went and got wabbit lynched cause they were a threat
basically frozen halfway through d1
an experienced player advocating for hypoclaiming so strongly and does it incorrectly like bruh
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Crimson97 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 pm

UzayAltay wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:Uzay i want you to tell me where in this post i said Sparking was town with a bad read. This was my original argument and the one you said was wrong. The post you've been quoting so much was just me accepting there's a chance Sparking is town with a bad read. If the read is bad or good is subjective and if you disagree with me that doesn't make it a logical flaw.
Crimson97 wrote:Sparking you're clearing poly cause of the dead atmosphere but the CFD on Wabbit nullifies that. I was the first vote on that wagon, you were the second one. My vote was not really serious but yours was so you kickstarted the whole thing. If poly is scum there's a big chance you are their buddy.

Mhm I see your point now, You think they are their scumbuddy and trying to clear Poly based no CFD.
That, kinda makes sense but from Sparking's PoV thinking Poly is town Also make sense.

Bruh i asked you. Where did you see me calling Sparking town?

Spoiler:
Crimson97
[Forum Mafia XVIII] Winner

Postby Crimson97 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:26 pm

/Vote Uzay

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby Crimson97 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:38 pm

UzayAltay wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:Crimson why do you think scum are clowns that would let town make and control all the pushes until EoD.

Bruh in the KH FM that just ended you guys left 2 mafia members sit as top wagons for half the day. The only scum pushing in the top wagons was Chemist while you were clowning around with Cenvil the whole day. Then when it was obvious Chemist was gonna get lynched Uzay and Jackson decided to start pushing for a town top wagon.

Bruh I was Witch on that Game that wasn't thinking Chemist was scum
Like :404:
Why I'm in that argument

True, i confused you with potato.

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby Crimson97 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:27 am

The thread dies when i post wtf.

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby Crimson97 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:31 am

Anyways, i don't buy that Uzay didn't understand what i meant. He probably realised early on he was wrong and tried to use my second post to push his argumnt. It wasn't until i ask him something that he can't twist into supporting his argument that he goes "oh yeah you're right" and he completely ignores my question which he should be able to answer if it was a honest mistake.

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby polypies73 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:33 am

Crimson97 wrote:Anyways, i don't buy that Uzay didn't understand what i meant. He probably realised early on he was wrong and tried to use my second post to push his argumnt. It wasn't until i ask him something that he can't twist into supporting his argument that he goes "oh yeah you're right" and he completely ignores my question which he should be able to answer if it was a honest mistake.

ok
E
polypies73
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Crimson97 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:43 am

polypies73 wrote:
Crimson97 wrote:Anyways, i don't buy that Uzay didn't understand what i meant. He probably realised early on he was wrong and tried to use my second post to push his argumnt. It wasn't until i ask him something that he can't twist into supporting his argument that he goes "oh yeah you're right" and he completely ignores my question which he should be able to answer if it was a honest mistake.

ok

ko

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby Crimson97 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:52 am

Jabichuelas wrote:what I don't get is why does poly still consider sparking scummy, guess we'll find out
/vote Sparking

Bruh wtf you're doing it again. Get your own opinions.

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:22 am

Spoiler:
UzayAltay wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
3cheers wrote:-snip-

there were some people who called the Wabbit wagon bullshit and bad right off the bat
there was none of that when the poly wagon started to kick off
-snip

Who is This "some people"?

3cheersforidiots wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:@3cheers can You give me A defense to me?

what kind of defence do you want me to provide, and to what points of yours?

3cheersforidiots wrote:-snip-

UzayAltay wrote:/vote 3cheers

In my opinion, them flipping from Poly to Wabbit in The way they Did was Scummy.

Reason of Poly scumread: an actual scumread
Reason of flip: no pressure against Poly wagon

go read again

good thing is, Crimson/Uzay almost never w/w here, so I think I'll keep my vote on Crimson
lemon might also be a good vote for today imo

(this is like, unless Sparking/Uzay are making absolute fools out of the entire town)

UzayAltay wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:Is there any case on Poly?

their reads are sheepy and the rest of their posts are fluffy
I think they did recognise their posting as bad but didn't really make an attempt to improve on it

(An actual scumread)

3cheersforidiots wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
Hellosither wrote:my gut tells me that a polypies lynch is not a good idea.

mainly what i mean by this is that i think the progression today has not been in favor of polypies - i think they've remained a likely lynch candidate for almost all of day 1 and i dont think mafia would be ok with allowing that. i think they would make polypies change their behavior.

okay, you're correct in that there is not much resistance to the poly wagon, unlike there is to the Wabbit wagon
/vote Wabbit
see where this goes
also I'm not 100% here bc I'm playing Drawful with friends but I'll try to read the thread

(resistance vs no resistance)

That was Last point of argument, which You didnt answered.

so swapping to a different wagon because you think the top wagon is likely to flip town is scummy?

Can You not dodge First part of question?
About second part, Okay , Let's assume You really changed your reads with resistance thing completely.
If You think it really isnt Scummy, Than Why You went ahead and Said "Go read again"? That doesnt seems More Than a delay attempt atm.

@Uzay:
Exhibit A:
Here's Jabi protesting the Wabbit wagon:
Jabichuelas wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:I can't find any solid reasons for w!Poly in 3cheers/Javi's ISO

Javi what is your scumread on Poly, all I can see is that you can't find anything townie about them.

@Samurai, Poly aggressively shades a lot you get used to it after some time.

honestly I'm not sure about my vote anymore since poly simply didn't care, but again don't think wabbit is a better wagon

what I saw was an unnatural RVS and a lack of contribution that I think it's obvious if you read his iso, but if you take metas into account then idk...
he also has a question from me left unanswered

Here's hello/Flake protesting the Wabbit wagon:
Hellosither wrote:
UzayAltay wrote:
3cheersforidiots wrote:
Hellosither wrote:
Hellosither wrote:my gut tells me that a polypies lynch is not a good idea.

mainly what i mean by this is that i think the progression today has not been in favor of polypies - i think they've remained a likely lynch candidate for almost all of day 1 and i dont think mafia would be ok with allowing that. i think they would make polypies change their behavior.

okay, you're correct in that there is not much resistance to the poly wagon, unlike there is to the Wabbit wagon
/vote Wabbit
see where this goes
also I'm not 100% here bc I'm playing Drawful with friends but I'll try to read the thread

They had Same amount of votes.

votes dont mean everything. not that im particularly a fan of a wabbit lynch either.

Exhibit B:
I said 'go read again' because your interpretation of what I'm doing is completely bullshit and even though I've explained the rationale behind my Wabbit vote multiple times, you're hell bent on ignoring whatever I say.
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0

ImageImage
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout

Postby 3cheersforidiots » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:29 am

SparkingJayYT wrote:If Crimson is wolf that does a lot of spews mostly based off his associations with a lot of players, I'd go as for as to say that the game could almost be solved.

except like 90% of the game now thinks he's scum

Spoiler:
Jabichuelas wrote:got TU as well
deeply apologize for the literal essay, specially to the people it involves
[spoiler]Ok, here's my take: I think Sparking and 3cheers are scum buddies, and I'm back to suspecting poly.

This is no longer about the hypoclaiming dilemma, although I'll still keep that in mind; this is about what took place during EoD.
Before Sparking decided to CFD Wabbit, 3cheers not only townread Wabbit at the time, but she also wanted to get poly lynched. That's clearly visible in her ISO.

However, that changes in page 34 (shortcut) when sparking decides to vote wabbit, and then you see these interactions with sparking from her
3cheersforidiots wrote:I'm not gonna get into Wabbit now because I still find that impossible (though I'll retain my slight v-lean on him for nulltonal reasons), but let me know if you guys think he's got wolf equity and/or is trying to yeet me into scumread territory
3cheersforidiots wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:3cheers where is your vote at atm?

poly
willing to CFD if there's a convincing case, but my issue is that I have too many scumreads for the actual amount of scum there is in this game

which allow for the opportunity to swap the vote away from poly AND onto Wabbit later on. I've also checked while rereading it that she was still set on voting poly out like if none of that happened. This is weak on its own, but let's move forward. With Kosmo's vote, the votecount was 4 Wabbit | 3 Poly, but before the time extension was added Uzay voted for Poly (uzay is town if my theory is right) and the votes were now 4-4 with 20 minutes left. Now you all say that poly's wagon had no resistance from anyone, but Uzay's vote caused Sparking to quickly ISO dive for our reasonings to vote poly (and around here is when the time extension happened)
SparkingJayYT wrote:@Uzay what swayed you to vote Poly?
Last page you seemed to be clueless on Poly.
SparkingJayYT wrote:I can't find any solid reasons for w!Poly in 3cheers/Javi's ISO

Javi what is your scumread on Poly, all I can see is that you can't find anything townie about them.
why didn't you ask her as well? has she already said enough?

@Samurai, Poly aggressively shades a lot you get used to it after some time.

and then say this. From my pov I think this was a subtle attempt to make us do a last-minute swap by casting doubt about our votes, considering the time of the posts. Honestly, it could have worked for me, but they were far from making me. It "worked" for 3cheers though, but what she did instead was take advantage of Hello's post and swap the vote because of the resistances to both wagons instead of any other reason. You claim that you had little time to think during EoD, but personally I find that hard to believe. Compared to the "you" hours before then, this was too sudden of a change. Besides, poly was close to dying and what I think you did was take a risk to save your buddy. Or maybe the priority was getting Wabbit out. This is something I question.

I regret now not defending Wabbit more, because now that I've reread EoD I find 3 problems with Sparking's wagon:
1) Wabbit had 2 memevotes on him already, Crimson and Lemon. If they had forgotten to appear in EoD, which they did, the wagon would have easily beaten poly's in number of votes.
2) Wabbit said he was going to sleep before you started it, meaning he wouldn't be able to appear at EoD and explain himself in the case against him.
3) The analysis (or case) on buddying 3cheers felt off. Why didn't you just ask Wabbit about the reads on 3cheers? I'm sure you were in time. His reach on Uzay during RVS and the discussion following it happened because no one understood what the three emojis meant, personally I didn't mind much

The read about the vig seemed unnatural, like forcing interaction between you two, need to recheck that
and my PoE was [Kosmo, (Uzay), Sparking, Poly, 3cheers, Cob], haven't elaborated on that yet, ik
[/spoiler]
If I wanted to defend my supposed buddy poly, pray tell, why was I the first one in the entire game to vote him, and not as a meme, but as a legitimate push?
~Trash

Sophisticatedly unsophisticated Sophie.

Other gamertags are papill0n and luciolebrillant, dependent on game launcher.

FM Record
3 - 4 - 0

ImageImage
3cheersforidiots
Lookout
Lookout

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads