SFM65 | RWBY FM | Game Over (Town Wins)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: SFM65 | RWBY FM | Day 7 (An Unwelcome Silence)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:30 am

FMLSheWas12 wrote:I discovered a passive. The first time I'm visited, I will become a body-double for one random villager that visited me. However, if I have a non-villager visitor, I will commute instead of becoming a body-double.

I assume I haven't been visited up until now since my passive was just revealed last night phase. Otherwise, I know nothing else.

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:
FMLSheWas12 wrote:I discovered a passive. The first time I'm visited, I will become a body-double for one random villager that visited me. However, if I have a non-villager visitor, I will commute instead of becoming a body-double.

I assume I haven't been visited up until now since my passive was just revealed last night phase. Otherwise, I know nothing else.

Woah okay.

So like if the person who visited you were to die, you die instead? And what does the commute mean??

I "leave the game" for the night phase which means I can't declare actions or be visited.

It's not the literal definition of a "commute" because it takes effect after a player targets me, but "commute" is the best look-alike term to think of to describe this.

FMLSheWas12 wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:@FML just so I understand, could you give an example on how your passive works?

I can try although I feel like I'm not explaining it any better than I did before.

#1: Player X (a villager) visits me N1 and I become a body-double to X.
#2: Player X and Y (also a villager) visits me N1 and I become a body-double to one of X or Y at random.
#3: Player X, Y, and Z (a wolf) visits me N1 and I commute. I do not become anyone's body-double and X, Y, and Z will have their actions fail on me.

So after reading these. If scum visits them on their first night being visited, they hide and noone can target them. Making the scum visit essentially useless. How am I reading this wrong?
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: SFM65 | RWBY FM | Day 8 (i cri everytiem)

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:33 am

What do you mean? Would the kill still go through? I mean useless as in it did nothing that I can see like the mafs factional kill

pedit: Seeya
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby heytheregirl17 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:50 am

Current Vote Count
Player Votes Voters
  # Votes Until Majority
Spoiler: Image
heytheregirl17 wrote:Y'all trust me when it comes to matters of protecting ourselves from aliens

I'm not sure whether that says more about me or you guys
heytheregirl17
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Location: respawining at phylactery, please wait... (CST, UST-6)

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 am

Flake wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:@everyone do you think we should risk lynching today? Given the possibility list I posted earlier

no, it’s positive for town to no lynch for information gain

lynching today is anti town

Lynching today is not anti-town don't try to provoke that idea upon others.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:33 am

Flake wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:@Flake, you do know it'd only end up with Sparking dead and no info right? I don't personally see how that would benefit Town

how is that no information

Sparking is not mechanically confirmed to be town

Assuming town!sparking were to be attacked, a lynch with the knowledge that sparking is 100% town is better than one with knowledge that sparking is only likely town here, because we could be overlooking a scum!sparking which would be fatal

And with a no lynch we get more discussion time to make a more rational decision

How is it this hard

"only likely" town.
I am possibly the most mechanically confirmed here for 2 reasons that I have told you at least 3 different times:
- N1 Roleblock (Fair I can see scum faking this)
- Motivation given to Phone. How do I fake this? Explain that to me.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:35 am

Flake wrote:when are you all going to realise that no lynching in what is likely MyLo is the optimal play

not no lynching in situations like this notoriously loses the game for town

How is that the optimal play?
Me dying tonight only puts town at a disadvantage and at the exact same situation as today except I am dead and there is no one people can fully trust to lead the town.
I die, Xlranet claims rb'd again and the day will be exactly the same as today.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:39 am

@Flake Listen:
Jackson can't be Consort due to their LO claim
Xlranet can't be Consort due to their confidence when they were asking Jackson for night results clearly showing that he isn't the roleblocker.
You can't be Consort due to you being redirected N2 whilst Chemist was getting rb'd and then him getting rb'd the day after. Clearly showing that the Consort was intentionally roleblocking Chemist on both nights.

That leaves Eqsy and FML.

Eqsy's hidden passive combined with their current ability makes them town, I could go further in depth than this but it isn't like you will properly take this post into consideration, maybe you will.

That therefore leaves FML.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Flake wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Flake wrote:when are you all going to realise that no lynching in what is likely MyLo is the optimal play

not no lynching in situations like this notoriously loses the game for town

How is that the optimal play?
Me dying tonight only puts town at a disadvantage and at the exact same situation as today except I am dead and there is no one people can fully trust to lead the town.
I die, Xlranet claims rb'd again and the day will be exactly the same as today.

because by not no lynching we would literally denying town more discussion time for no reason and also be avoiding higher information gain from night actions for no reason

you dying does not put town at a disadvantage, it puts us at an advantage, because that's how MyLo fucking works, a 2v3+1 likely town is worse for town than a 2v3 mechanically

To summarise what you just said, you are pretty much saying that you don't trust me *God knows why) and instead you want to see me dead to prove that I am not scum.
Great *claps* This is a complete waste of a nolynch which could be used later on if we goddamn hang FML because PoE proves they are consort and force Xlranet to protect me, tho you are being way too goddamn cautious.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Flake wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Flake wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:@Flake, you do know it'd only end up with Sparking dead and no info right? I don't personally see how that would benefit Town

how is that no information

Sparking is not mechanically confirmed to be town

Assuming town!sparking were to be attacked, a lynch with the knowledge that sparking is 100% town is better than one with knowledge that sparking is only likely town here, because we could be overlooking a scum!sparking which would be fatal

And with a no lynch we get more discussion time to make a more rational decision

How is it this hard

"only likely" town.
I am possibly the most mechanically confirmed here for 2 reasons that I have told you at least 3 different times:
- N1 Roleblock (Fair I can see scum faking this)
- Motivation given to Phone. How do I fake this? Explain that to me.

you're talking about the latter as if the ability to give someone another ability usage is inherently town when it isn't

sure i don't see it as likely that scum opts to use it on phone to gain town cred over giving scum more utility but that point in itself doesn't make you mechanically confirmed, far from it

you are just that, "likely town", by subjective analysis of the two factors mentioned, neither of which mechanically confirm you

You being this cautious won't win us the game, you are only thinking about today. What about the day after that? Assuming you nolynch, I die and hang scum tomorrow you will have to make a decision where you cannot use nolynch as an escape card and have to pick who is the scum in a 2v1 how confident are you in that situation?

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Xlranet wrote:
Flake wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Flake wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:@everyone do you think we should risk lynching today? Given the possibility list I posted earlier

no, it’s positive for town to no lynch for information gain

lynching today is anti town

Lynching today is not anti-town don't try to provoke that idea upon others.

YES IT IS

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MYLO FUNCTIONS

read literally the last VFM where town exactly loses because they lynched in MyLo recklessly and didn't wait to gain more information

imagine
reading
the thread

stop twisting players into getting an advantage by leaving you/FML with less town to work with, tonight you could easily just attack the neighbourhood, nolynch again, then attack sparking, then lynch me/FML/you then the last mafia would just kill one of the neighbourhood

out of your pov that does not exist so why are you just openly trying to get players to nolynch, in this situation it is an obvious scumplay and you know it. dont come to town with other games when there isnt a 1 night immunity that can be taken down

Quiet boy.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

@Flake Comment on my FML Consort read please and you tell me if my information is flawed

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Xlranet wrote:jackson............

there can only be one mafia if i am the lone mafia due to me claiming roleblocked last night

so sadly a lot of those scenarios dont work

There are 2 mafias. End of.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Xlranet wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Xlranet wrote:jackson............

there can only be one mafia if i am the lone mafia due to me claiming roleblocked last night

so sadly a lot of those scenarios dont work

There are 2 mafias. End of.

if that was directed at me then lol

More intended towards whoever started this 1 mafia theory, cus it doesn't make sense...

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Flake wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:@Flake Comment on my FML Consort read please and you tell me if my information is flawed

your arguments for xlar and jackson not being consort don't even make any sense to me

and you basically have no decent argument for eqsy not being consort

Time to reiterate points mentioned:
Xlranet cannot be Consort when Mafia didn't do anything about Jackson, it is clear that Xlranet had intentions of visiting Phone when Xlranet confidently asked for Jackson to give night info, why would Xlranet risk getting lynched and still go with the idea that he visited Phone when all it'd take would be for Jackson to say Xlranet didn't visit and boom Xlranet is lynched. Xlranet could have easily claimed to be roleblocked or said to have changed targets and not take that risk of getting caught by Jackson so easily. You think Mafia wouldn't have a plan? The only way my logic is flawed is if Jackson and Xlranet are both scum but I doubt Jackson is due to their fake LO claim which provides zero help to Mafia since Consort didn't risk roleblocking Phone and is clear to how his claim impacted the Mafia forcing them to not kill on that night and become dependent on mislynches of the non-confirmed.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Forgot to mention:
Eqsy also cannot be consort due to Jackson saying they told Eqsy about the plan before it actually happened. So if Eqsy was scum at the slighest they could have pressured Jackson for their fake LO claim (though I'd doubt I would go through with it) or "rb" Xlranet and kill Phone that night. It is as simple as that. Also due to their hidden passive and overall genuine concerns during EoD yesterday which to me seemed genuine from him.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: SFM65 | RWBY FM | Day 6 (Destined to Fall)

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm

Xlranet wrote:so i think FML is the consort and the mafia are sacrificing another mafia to get towncred, then they will lynch me or Only/ED if one of them is town, and get majority through that

Wow this is interesting.

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:06 pm

/vote FML
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:Time to reiterate points mentioned:
Xlranet cannot be Consort when Mafia didn't do anything about Jackson, it is clear that Xlranet had intentions of visiting Phone when Xlranet confidently asked for Jackson to give night info, why would Xlranet risk getting lynched and still go with the idea that he visited Phone when all it'd take would be for Jackson to say Xlranet didn't visit and boom Xlranet is lynched. Xlranet could have easily claimed to be roleblocked or said to have changed targets and not take that risk of getting caught by Jackson so easily. You think Mafia wouldn't have a plan? The only way my logic is flawed is if Jackson and Xlranet are both scum but I doubt Jackson is due to their fake LO claim which provides zero help to Mafia since Consort didn't risk roleblocking Phone and is clear to how his claim impacted the Mafia forcing them to not kill on that night and become dependent on mislynches of the non-confirmed.

I really like how Jay is trying to figure out who is consort based on whats possible yet again consort could always be bluffing

SparkingJayYT wrote:Forgot to mention:
Eqsy also cannot be consort due to Jackson saying they told Eqsy about the plan before it actually happened. So if Eqsy was scum at the slighest they could have pressured Jackson for their fake LO claim (though I'd doubt I would go through with it) or "rb" Xlranet and kill Phone that night. It is as simple as that. Also due to their hidden passive and overall genuine concerns during EoD yesterday which to me seemed genuine from him.

You are not wrong but does this also apply to jackson? I mean he couldve easily framed me yet he didnt.
Jay gets big Town cred.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Flake wrote:meanwhile no lynch is still the optimal option for us and i am the only person who wants it

Probably because you are the only one who still doubts me?

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Flake wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:
Flake wrote:meanwhile no lynch is still the optimal option for us and i am the only person who wants it

even if i did 100% trust you no lynching is still the optimal option for even more reasons than i've already stated, but said reasons will potentially help wolves so i'd rather not have to explain them

If you 100% trusted you wouldn’t let them die.
Also
Assuming I die flip town, how does your reads change?

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SparkingJay » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:37 pm

SparkingJayYT wrote:
Flake wrote:
SparkingJayYT wrote:

even if i did 100% trust you no lynching is still the optimal option for even more reasons than i've already stated, but said reasons will potentially help wolves so i'd rather not have to explain them

If you 100% trusted you wouldn’t let them die.
Also
Assuming I die flip town, how does your reads change?

If you 100% trusted someone you wouldn’t let them die *

SparkingJay
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:19 pm

Is majority 3?
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Or 4?
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 pm

/unvote FML

Im unvoting ONLY For tonight to avoid hammer well im sleeping i want all townies to come to 1 final decision for a lynch and im not allowing mafia to do a sneaky play with the 2/4 Votes. Good night yall.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 pm

/vote FML

thanky ou.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads