VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:16 pm

0verki11 wrote:this game is a perfect example of why Juck should of been sent to champs.
He completely destroyed town confused and bamboozled them at any oppounity and led his team to a perfect win.
If that doesnt scream best wolf player on this site then I don't know what does.

+1

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Royee » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:17 pm

next time we send juck
User avatar
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: UTC +3

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:21 pm

woahah wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:If it makes town feel better, only one game out of 13 in MU Champs has been won by town with this setup so far. There were a lot of wolf sweeps, too.

how come?

also hi hyena!!

I don't know if anybody has figured out specifically why, but one working theory is that once town loses momentum (via mislynching town), it's hard to get it back. Having just finished up playing as town recently in a game with this setup, I do think it's winnable as town. However, a lot of focus I think has to go into finding town and working together as town rather than scumhunting. I dunno though. It's a tough setup. :P

Also, hi Dota. <3

Dont take this away from me

I'm not trying to. ;-; Besides, I already mentioned that not all the games where town lost were wolf sweeps, so you guys get extra points for doing that to town. :3
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby TheDebil » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Royee wrote:next time we send juck
┌( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿/’̿’̿ ̿

Connect 4 record -
Spoiler: game 1 vs polypies (i win)
game 2 vs polypies (lynched him before he could win, so i win)
game 3 vs wabbit (wabbit accepted and forfeited, i win)
game 4 vs dota (dota disqualified for cheating, i win)
User avatar
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
Location: Location:

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby FMLSheWas12 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:37 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:for some reason splitting everyone up into small PRs make town lose much more than if they had citizens and normal PRs, weird

I considered this at one point, but the more I've thought about it, I don't think it plays as big as a factor in the difficulty of this setup for town as I originally though aside from the game being basically mountainous after everyone has used their abilities D4. Good PR play though before that probably increases town's chances a lot.

dota2reporter wrote:also where have you been hyena?

Recharging. <3 I'm not ready to come back and play just yet. I'll probably be fully recovered from Champs in about a month or so. :3

In my season most games were mafia wins and I think mafia is generally favoured to win historically. I think it's due to community diversification.

I don't know whether this setup is scumsided or not though so that could also be a factor.
FM Star Collection
Spoiler:
Image
Trolled by the League of Losers
Spoiler:
User avatar
FMLSheWas12
Consort
Consort
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:21 am
Location: In the backyard digging up the preschoolers I strangled back in the 90s.

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Royee » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm

LOLingHyena wrote:
woahah wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
LOLingHyena wrote:If it makes town feel better, only one game out of 13 in MU Champs has been won by town with this setup so far. There were a lot of wolf sweeps, too.

how come?

also hi hyena!!

I don't know if anybody has figured out specifically why, but one working theory is that once town loses momentum (via mislynching town), it's hard to get it back. Having just finished up playing as town recently in a game with this setup, I do think it's winnable as town. However, a lot of focus I think has to go into finding town and working together as town rather than scumhunting. I dunno though. It's a tough setup. :P

Also, hi Dota. <3

Dont take this away from me

I'm not trying to. ;-; Besides, I already mentioned that not all the games where town lost were wolf sweeps, so you guys get extra points for doing that to town. :3

wdym by "wolf sweeps"?
User avatar
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: UTC +3

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby LOLingHyena » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:29 pm

FMLSheWas12 wrote:In my season most games were mafia wins and I think mafia is generally favoured to win historically. I think it's due to community diversification.

I don't know whether this setup is scumsided or not though so that could also be a factor.

Community diversification was another thing mentioned which I definitely would agree with. A lot of folks this season, especially in the qualifier games, didn't seem to be used to different playstyles or the pace of the game in the tournament.

Royee wrote:wdym by "wolf sweeps"?

Basically a steamroll by the wolves/scum. Where town gets pretty much demolished by the scumteam.
On the prospect of me being a wolf in VFM 18:
milte345 wrote:A hyena can't be a wolf because it is in fact a hyena
Ez.
User avatar
LOLingHyena
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Phone0Ix » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Hyena does great in champs

Ppl: 'Next time we send juck'

Juck would be a great pick but your guys are missing a serious judgement here
Hey I'm Julian, a fan from ToS! If you want to have my Discord username or play a game of ToS, just PM me!

FM stats:
11-24-2
Also look this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby ryanyb » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:22 pm

o o f
User avatar
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 pm
Location: Some school in Minnesota, probably.

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby ryanyb » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Also this setup is very town sided for what it's worth.
There's a reason that most people don't like the champs setup.
User avatar
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 pm
Location: Some school in Minnesota, probably.

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby ryanyb » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:24 pm

"Very" might be a bit of an overstatement but the pressure of this setup is on the scum to make a play to win the game rather than the town to find the scum to not lose the game
which imo isn't great.
User avatar
ryanyb
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:22 pm
Location: Some school in Minnesota, probably.

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby philip1077 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:30 pm

ryanyb wrote:Also this setup is very town sided for what it's worth.
There's a reason that most people don't like the champs setup.

Town sided? wtf? No! For one, mafia knows the discarded role. For two, alignment cops don’t reveal roles. For three, any role can have any alignment. 4, I’m stupid af, and went afk a lot. So no, this wasn’t town sided.
I’m new, don’t kill me cause it might be in your favour to kill someone else... or is it? ;)

Yes, I like to hunt Mafia on my spare time dressed as an orange teletubby with a shotgun.

User avatar
philip1077
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:41 pm

someone who rands town being bad is not a sign of an inherently mafia-sided setup
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Jalandh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 pm

ryanyb wrote:Also this setup is very town sided for what it's worth.
There's a reason that most people don't like the champs setup.


Lmao everyone on MU agreed its scumsided slightly

And thats without scum knowing what role isnt used
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

Image

You'll die.
User avatar
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: BABY SHARK DOO DOO DOO DOO

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Jalandh » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Iirc, the only one that town won was the one where the town protectives prevented all nonlynch deads until n5
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

Image

You'll die.
User avatar
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 pm
Location: BABY SHARK DOO DOO DOO DOO

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Jalandh wrote:Iirc, the only one that town won was the one where the town protectives prevented all nonlynch deads until n5

I think town won g5 or something in qualifiers
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XX] Winner
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: on the beach at dusk (CST/CDT)

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby dota2reporter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Phone0Ix wrote:Hyena does great in champs

Ppl: 'Next time we send juck'

Juck would be a great pick but your guys are missing a serious judgement here

it was sarcasm come on

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby 0verki11 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:42 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:Hyena does great in champs

Ppl: 'Next time we send juck'

Juck would be a great pick but your guys are missing a serious judgement here

it was sarcasm come on

no it wasnt, I geneiunly belevive that his wolf play is some of the best on this site and would stand up well aganist some of the best wolfs of MU
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.


Image
User avatar
0verki11
Medium
Medium
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 am
Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:16 am

0verki11 wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:Hyena does great in champs

Ppl: 'Next time we send juck'

Juck would be a great pick but your guys are missing a serious judgement here

it was sarcasm come on

no it wasnt, I geneiunly belevive that his wolf play is some of the best on this site and would stand up well aganist some of the best wolfs of MU

oh

then hes unreadable yeah i agree

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Qvapil » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:49 am

Being unreadable by prodging and refusing to contribute doesn't make a good scum. He'd be PLed immediately.
User avatar
Qvapil
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 am

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:52 am

Qvapil wrote:Being unreadable by prodging and refusing to contribute doesn't make a good scum. He'd be PLed immediately.

yes i forgot to add

he's unreadable but not championships level

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby TheDebil » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 am

Qvapil wrote:Being unreadable by prodging and refusing to contribute doesn't make a good scum. He'd be PLed immediately.

yeah even if he survived he may not be picked
but it would be funny
┌( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿/’̿’̿ ̿

Connect 4 record -
Spoiler: game 1 vs polypies (i win)
game 2 vs polypies (lynched him before he could win, so i win)
game 3 vs wabbit (wabbit accepted and forfeited, i win)
game 4 vs dota (dota disqualified for cheating, i win)
User avatar
TheDebil
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
St. Patrick's 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
Location: Location:

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby dota2reporter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:55 am

also qva with the 100% scum winrate, nice

My most recent song (updated 02/07):
Spoiler:
User avatar
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
 
Posts: 3258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 am
Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Qvapil » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:07 am

TheDebil wrote:
Qvapil wrote:Being unreadable by prodging and refusing to contribute doesn't make a good scum. He'd be PLed immediately.

yeah even if he survived he may not be picked
but it would be funny

I'd prefer our representative to actually make an effort
User avatar
Qvapil
Amnesiac
Amnesiac
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 am

Re: VFM 56: Mad 17 | End | Mafia win

Postby Royee » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:07 am

ryanyb wrote:"Very" might be a bit of an overstatement but the pressure of this setup is on the scum to make a play to win the game rather than the town to find the scum to not lose the game
which imo isn't great.

Well, you are half right. I think you are confusing with the setup which had 17 roles. The "new" setup which is the one that was played has another role which i believe is the role cop. Because of that and the mechanic that there is an unknown role that didn't role into the game and only mafia knows that, mafia has more options to make plays. In addition he added to the upgraded setup 2 more strongman which can favour mafia sometimes. In general I think that this setup can be townsided once town knows what to do, this setup spews town members when a mafia is lynched but in the same time mafia has more options to make plays that can impact the game in a way that they can win no matter what. Playing this setup feels like a sfm game, night actions mostly dont matter(although everyone has one) and only scum reading does something(that's why I wanted it to be played as a sfm).
You need to have the same mind as me to understand what I am saying.
User avatar
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Location: UTC +3

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests