VFM52 | FollowTheCop... or Not |Blundered Away (Town Wins)

The threads where you play mafia will be posted here.

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

Re: VFM52 | FollowTheCop... or Not | Day 2(AlternativeVillag

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:29 pm

MrChuckleteeth wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:my logic is

watchme wouldn't expect to get caught early and there were a lot of inactive people at the time so i don't think that out of all of them he would decide to call out his teammate

If watchme doesn't expect to get caught early, that's all the more reason to call out his teammate, because like I said, that read probably isn't enough to get them lynched, but it can get watchme towncred if Phone is found to be scum, it causes distancing and, like I also said, makes you think exactly what you are thinking right now. That you wouldn't expect him to call out his own teammate, so all the more reason to do it.

that makes a lot of sense actually

if we assume that qva/watchme are mafia then who do you think is the 3rd mafia, noveiia or phone?
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Qvapil wrote:So I asked uzay and apparently this is not against the rules so here's what I thought. Albanix and cham cannot be mafia because they were active in between whirlwind and watchme's claims and they still let watchme pull of that horrible play. If they were mafia, one of them would have claimed doc instead or they'd've stopped watchme from claiming doc.

So why did you believe there was a guaranteed scum between {watchme, Albanix} ?

Also why do you believe that mafia would stop mafia!watchme from making that play when it's likely that it was the other mafia that discussed this play with mafia!watchme to begin with?

Why would another mafia, who was NOT CHECKED BY THE COP, claim that they were doctor that healed cop, potentially outing both watchme and that other mafia as mafia (should real doc die or come out and claim that they weren't on the cop), instead of just potentially outing watchme as mafia?
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
CFM19 - Town Epic Gamer Loss
ToSFM3 - All Jester game.
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:33 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
MrChuckleteeth wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:my logic is

watchme wouldn't expect to get caught early and there were a lot of inactive people at the time so i don't think that out of all of them he would decide to call out his teammate

If watchme doesn't expect to get caught early, that's all the more reason to call out his teammate, because like I said, that read probably isn't enough to get them lynched, but it can get watchme towncred if Phone is found to be scum, it causes distancing and, like I also said, makes you think exactly what you are thinking right now. That you wouldn't expect him to call out his own teammate, so all the more reason to do it.

that makes a lot of sense actually

if we assume that qva/watchme are mafia then who do you think is the 3rd mafia, noveiia or phone?

I'm leaning noveiia just because of that last interaction and also because of D1. Though I don't think noveiia and phone would be the only candidates to be the third teammate, maybe just the more likely ones.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm now considering a world where Albanix (despite being in my towncore) and Cham are the third scum with watchme/qvapil, just because of that post Qvapil made about Cham and Albanix likely not being the mafia.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Qvapil wrote:
AlbanixAnubibus wrote:
Qvapil wrote:So I asked uzay and apparently this is not against the rules so here's what I thought. Albanix and cham cannot be mafia because they were active in between whirlwind and watchme's claims and they still let watchme pull of that horrible play. If they were mafia, one of them would have claimed doc instead or they'd've stopped watchme from claiming doc.

Except that if I were to swoop in and claim Doctor for him, it would confirm both me and Watchme as scum when the real Doctor claims/dies.
It wouldn't be worth it unless our other teammate was locktowned or something.

Yeah that's a terrible play to make but so was watchme's claim. You wouldn't have let him claim at all imo.

I disagree.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby noveiia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Wait so I’m scum because of two posts that I made and finding Seth scummy? Considering he got hammered the majority found him scummy. Even if all three scum end up on the wagon, that means myself and two other towns all found him scummy.
Anyway, there hasn’t been any outings of other doctors and while I doubt watchme is town, it’s possible and I don’t want to lynch a PR. Since Qva is likely his scum buddy I’m voting him instead just in case watchme is just bad at being doctor.
/vote Qvapil
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:40 pm

noveiia wrote:Wait so I’m scum because of two posts that I made and finding Seth scummy? Considering he got hammered the majority found him scummy. Even if all three scum end up on the wagon, that means myself and two other towns all found him scummy.
Anyway, there hasn’t been any outings of other doctors and while I doubt watchme is town, it’s possible and I don’t want to lynch a PR. Since Qva is likely his scum buddy I’m voting him instead just in case watchme is just bad at being doctor.
/vote Qvapil

my main problem with you is tunneling seth d1 while saying "i dont wanna look like i'm tunneling seth"
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:47 pm

I think I'll need to wait to read Noveiia.
I have something, but it needs to wait until D3 and if I tell him it wont work.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:50 pm

@Noveiia
If I claimed Tracker and I said that Watchme visited Alternative last night, would you change your mind?
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:53 pm

What do people think of Mafia!Cham?
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Postby dota2reporter » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:57 pm

AlbanixAnubibus wrote:What do people think of Mafia!Cham?

is a possibility. made a case on it
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Postby noveiia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:52 pm

AlbanixAnubibus wrote:@Noveiia
If I claimed Tracker and I said that Watchme visited Alternative last night, would you change your mind?

Then I still probably wouldn’t vote him up until either him or you gets confirmed. There aren’t any doctor claims but there also aren’t any other tracker claims. For all I know all of the PR claims could be scum fake claiming. At this point between the two of you I’m not sure who I trust more.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 pm

dota2reporter wrote:honestly mafia would probably just tell watchme to claim cit

I disagree.

Sigh. I didn't want to say this because it will make it easier for mafia to deduce who the real doctor is (assuming watchme is fake and this was a mafia play of course). But if I don't explain it you won't see the logic as to why I disagree and I feel that sharing this information is important.

Consider that the doctor is not watchme. They must know that watchme is scum by default. Since they know that watchme is scum, the obvious play would be to claim doctor and 'confirm' that watchme is scum. But claiming and 'confirming' that watchme is scum, doesn't really 'confirm it' (bare with me) given that watchme claimed that they were on the cop (meaning the "real doctor" could also be lying and be trying to kill the doctor!watchme), so there exists a world where both WWW is cop and watchme is doctor, and a mafia cc's doctor to bury watchme, essentially trading 1 for 1 (hoping that watchme gets mislynched before they do, leaving cop defenseless and forcing town to lynch confirmed scum the following day and give mafia another free night kill after the cop). 2 PRs are guaranteed dead, 1 scum is guaranteed dead, 5 towns are guaranteed dead by the start of day 4 (n2 cop dies, n3 town dies) if doctor gets mislynched here. If doctor doesn't get mislynched, then the either cop or doctor dies (it's honesly a WIFOM of whether doctor saves cop or not, and whether mafia kill cop or not because of this, and viceversa, the safer play for mafia is to kill doctor but it gives cop another result (which might be wrong if doctor decided to save cop so it's way safer for mafia), the riskier play is to kill cop because if the doctor doesn't save cop, cop dies before doctor, stopping them from getting an extra result, and doctor is almost guaranteed to die the night after, but if doctor saves cop then despite their result being useless, it stops a night kill and allows town to get another lynch off before the PRs which are also confirmed town die), and the other one dies the night after instead of a random townie. 2 PRs are most likely dead, 1 scum is guaranteed dead, 4 towns are most likely dead by the start of day 4.

So cc'ing in the real doctor's case is risky because they have to prove that they are the real doctor or else risk giving mafia a huge lead, and even then, mafia still gets some value out of them cc'ing watchme. Hence why I believe that the real doctor chose not to cc watchme in order to remain hidden and avoid a potentially disastrous scenario for town. Because if doctor isn't outed (on the assumption watchme is scum), that means that mafia can never have the guaranteed choice of killing between cop and doctor, and they just have to WIFOM between killing cop and someone else given they won't know who doctor will save, the cop or someone else, and they don't know the identity of the doctor, so they cannot go for the safe play of killing doctor first, they can only guess as to who the real doctor might be.

And even if real doctor also saved cop, they know regardless that watchme must be scum because they claimed doctor, so regardless of the real doctor's night action here, they know for a fact that watchme is scum, and are likely to adopt this mindset regardless.

So if the real doctor had knowledge that even when cc'ing and potentially being able to confirm that watchme is scum (if watchme gets lynched) they'd be outing 2 PRs for mafia and creating a WIFOM situation that is easier for mafia to choose from, and that they could risk being mislynched first and potentially giving away a huge lead to mafia, it'd be reasonable to assume that in this case, the real doctor wouldn't CC the watchme doctor claim.

The problem is that because no one has cc'd watchme, we can never be sure if the scenario I just described is the case or not, meaning watchme could just be the real doctor and mafia could be trying to bury him because of his bad play (I mean, given watchme's explanations and apparent night actions, it wouldn't be hard to convince the town that or whether the doctor would know that CC'ing watchme makes these events unfold. It's also hard to know whether that real doctor would choose not to cc despite the "obvious play" being to cc given they know watchme is confirmed scum. Or if they chose not to cc because of a completely different reason.

The reason why I said this makes it easier for mafia to find real doctor (assuming watchme is scum), is because now they can deduce that the real doctor, given they chose not to cc, would likely be in a pool of players who they would assume would choose not to CC doctor.

And because we don't know if watchme is actually doctor or not, we, on top of what mafia also has to deduce, have to consider a world where watchme is doctor.

But here's the proof that watchme is probably not doctor: IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE that doctor!watchme would save their scumread.

Basically, if someone else had claimed doctor that was on WWW instead of watchme, then watchme would have been cleared and 2 PRs would have been outed, but the mafia must have deduced that the doctor wasn't on WWW because no one claimed to be doctor on WWW (so like we deduced yesterday, that would imply that the cop's check is correct and that watchme was indeed scum). What do you do as scum when town agrees that the doctor was probably on someone else and that the cop's check is correct? Well, you make that red check claim doctor that was on cop of course, regardless of the reasoning for actually being on the cop.

And I believe that was the 1 thing that mafia didn't account for when they were trying to figure out what they should do about the red check on watchme: what reason would doctor!watchme have to save unclaimed WWW who was generally scumread and scumread by watchme?

Therefore I believe it's unlikely that mafia makes watchme claim citizen, as claiming citizen that has been redchecked by cop with no doctor claiming that they were on the cop implies that the cop's results are true and therefore that citizen claim is bullshit.

I need a break.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 pm

noveiia wrote:Wait so I’m scum because of two posts that I made and finding Seth scummy? Considering he got hammered the majority found him scummy. Even if all three scum end up on the wagon, that means myself and two other towns all found him scummy.
/vote Qvapil

The fact you didn't consider why other doctors would not out is telling.

Read my wall and then read this comment for some insight on noveiia people.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

MrChuckleteeth wrote:The problem is that because no one has cc'd watchme, we can never be sure if the scenario I just described is the case or not, meaning watchme could just be the real doctor and mafia could be trying to bury him because of his bad play (I mean, given watchme's explanations and apparent night actions, it wouldn't be hard to convince the town that watchme is scum, you could even argue this post attempts to do just that). It's also hard to know whether that real doctor would choose not to cc despite the "obvious play" being to cc given they know watchme is confirmed scum, or whether the doctor would know that CC'ing watchme makes these events unfold. Or if they chose not to cc because of a completely different reason.

Fixed some text that got eaten and misplaced (underlined).
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Also dota, when I said get ready, I was being serious.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Re: VFM52 | FollowTheCop... or Not | Day 1

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
MrChuckleteeth wrote:
Qvapil wrote:I've been trying to think of a way to have doc never hit cop without relying on luck or them outing, but am currently failing. We could give a heal pool but if cop's in there he's screwed. If anyone has any ideas help us out

There's a way for doc to never hit the cop but it relies in both the cop and the doc having more than 1 braincell.

And if I talk about it, then it won't work because the mafia will be aware of it.

Just uh, please, think OUTSIDE the box.

hey, since the cop already revealed, what was the way?

The cop softs (very discretely) or crumbs (leaves small hints that they might be that role) that they are cop in such a way that it's hard to pick up on, and hopefully the doctor picks up on this (and mafia doesn't) and doesn't ever save the cop. The problem is, if mafia is aware that cop might be doing this, they would for sure be on the lookout for any hints as to who might be cop, examining the thread thoroughly. Hence why I couldn't talk about it, because mafia would become aware of this strategy and even if cop tried to do it at that point, or had tried to do it before, it would be futile and potentially get the cop killed.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:15 pm

And now tracker can't do the same (since it would be useful for doctor to know who tracker is as doctor saving tracker is optimal) because I just explained it.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:17 pm

noveiia wrote:

Then I still probably wouldn’t vote him up until either him or you gets confirmed. There aren’t any doctor claims but there also aren’t any other tracker claims. For all I know all of the PR claims could be scum fake claiming. At this point between the two of you I’m not sure who I trust more.

And considering everything I've said up to this point (I know this post was made before my wall), I'm leaning that this is scum!noveiia fencesitting and LAMISTing. But I might be getting ahead of myself.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:26 pm

And noveiia, if anything, you should have pointed out that the probability of Albanix being tracker, that also visited Watchme, and also happened to see that they visited Alternative, was really low, so you probably wouldn't believe the claim in the first place and therefore and consider not voting watchme up because the tracker claim being fake would imply that watchme is actually the doctor. And that's not even considering that another person could CC that tracker claim and essentially bury Albanix as scum.

Your reasoning is flawed, it's fencesitty and it's LAMISTy because it implies you don't want to risk killing PRs when it's simple to deduce who the PRs actually are in that scenario.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:35 pm

dota2reporter wrote:
MrChuckleteeth wrote:
dota2reporter wrote:potential sheeping/pocketing? i don't think chuckle is the type of person to miss a post like this

I'm still catching up, please give me some time or at least quote the post you are referring to.

albanix's post, but yeah i probably overreacted here

If you compare what me and Albanix have said btw, if anything at all, it should look like I am sheeping/pocketing Albanix, not the other way around. If you believe that I had not read that far into the thread and was still catching up, you can also believe that neither of us were pocketing/sheeping each other and that we just had a genuine mindmeld.
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MrChuckleteeth » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Dota judgding from you initial reaction to Qvapil's claim that Albanix and Cham couldn't be mafia, I need to remind you to please think things over more carefully and not just agree with anything that seems to have logic. That is called sheeping.

A good rule of thumb is to always play out the scenario in your head. If you have a moment something along the lines of (and this is purely as an example): "Well, given this logic, I know that X couldn't be cop because otherwise that would imply that Y is mafia, and I believe Y is town. But wait, what if X is actually cop and I was wrong about Y?" then you've just questioned the basis of the logic, and have potentially found issues with it. If the issues that you have found are more blatant than the logic itself, then it's likely that logic was faulty to begin with.

In the case of Qvapil, Albanix and myself pointed out that if the real doctor claimed or died, it would essentially confirm 2 scum, meaning that Qvapil's assumption was bad given it wouldn't make sense for mafia to do what Qvapil claimed they would do in that scenario. (It doesn't necessarily mean that Qvapil is scummy for making that assumption, given it was attempting to clear Albanix and Cham, but it's not a good assumption to make regardless)
NFM65 - Investigator Win
18B - Citizen Win
18C - Citizen Loss
VFM52 - Citizen Win
SFM60 - Traitor Win
18D - Potion Master Loss
VFM54 - Citizen Loss
NFM66 - Prankster Loss

Record:
4 - 5

RPG Test cause why not.
Spoiler:
MrChuckleteeth
Executioner
Executioner

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 pm

noveiia wrote:

Ok.
I'm Tracker.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:16 pm

AlbanixAnubibus wrote:Oh yeah.
I typed up a post that had a vote on Watchme, but then I scrapped it.

I'll wait to see a VC first.

The post in question here was the post where I claimed, but decided against it.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

Postby AlbanixAnubibus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:20 pm

If you think I am Mafia for this, reconsider.
Watchme is getting lynched today.
If I were Mafia, I have no reason to literally commit suicide like this, especially for just one mislynch that was going to happen anyways.
AlbanixAnubibus
Jester
Jester

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads