VFM 49: Switch FM, Full. PM me to backup

Games that currently are in the signup stage will be put here. If there are no signups at the moment, check back soon!

Moderators: Varanus, FM Game Moderators

VFM 49: Switch FM, Full. PM me to backup

Postby 0verki11 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Switch FM

1. All Town of Salem Forums general rules apply.
  2. A host's word is law, the only higher law being the moderator's who may punish disruptive players at their own discretion. We can't both fit every rule in here and keep it short enough so it's digestable; common sense rules are mostly skipped over. Ask a moderator if you are unsure about what specifically is and isn't against the rules if you aren't sure.
  3. Do not discuss ongoing games outside of the thread unless otherwise stated. Nor may players or hosts bring in any major outside influences to the game such as bribes, threats, plans, etc.
  4. If a player is not alive or participating in a game, they may not post on that game until it ends, unless otherwise stated.
  5. You may not out alternate accounts of players for any reason unless the user in question has already outed their main publically.
  6. You may not edit or fabricate another player’s quote for misleading purposes.
  7. Do not quote, screenshot, or otherwise post any messages received from the game moderator or anything related to the game outside of the thread.
  8. Do not gamethrow by working against your victory condition. Whether or not something is gamethrowing is left to the game moderator to decide.
  9. The use of resources or information unrelated to the game and outside of the Game Thread in order to gain an advantage is prohibited, such as but not limited to: user login time stamps, cryptography software and images with hidden text.
  10. The use of codes or encryption is prohibited. Signals are allowed (When I say "x" I mean "y happened") but any sort of hidden message that requires a cipher/rule to read, or otherwise hidden message is not allowed.
  11. . This is my mod colour use it and die (4345FF)
  12. Pretending to break any rule is treated as if you broke that rule.
  13. I will be only accepting votes in this format, and preferably on a seperate line but that won't be inforced
    /vote 0verki11
    /vote unvote
  14. Use common sense, if you are unsure if you are breaking the rules please ask me.

Switch FM setup info
Rolecards:
Spoiler: Citizen
Welcome you are a Citizen
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Cop
Welcome, you are the Town Cop
Each night, you may attempt to investigate a player in the game. It's possible that you will not receive a result if you have been deactivated.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Town Vigilante
Welcome you are the Town Vigilante

Each night, 3 times you may to kill a player in the game. It's possible that your attempt will fail if you have been deactivated.

Town Doctor
Welcome you are the Town Doctor

Each night, you may attempt to protect a player in the game. It's possible your protection will fail if you have been deactivated.

Mafia Cop Switch
Welcome . You are the Mafia Cop Switch , along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here (Link)
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Cop Switch: You may use the Cop Switch 3 times at night to deactivate the Cop for the night. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Doctor Switch
Welcome. You are the Mafia Doctor Switch, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here (link)
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill providing they aren't also using their switch.
Doctor Switch: You may use the Doctor Switch 3 times at night to deactivate the Doctor for the night. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Mafia Vigilante Switch
Welcome. You are the Mafia Vigilante Switch , along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners here (Link)
Vig Switch: You may use the Vig Switch 3 times at night to deactivate the Vig for the night. Note: it's possible that the SK could reverse your decision.

Serial Killer
Welcome, You are the Serial Killer

Pregame you must choose to be either immune to the Mafia Nightkill OR be immune to Vig/Cop. Reply to this message to decide, not deciding will result in me RNGing it
Each night phase, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
Each night phase, you may reverse the state of all switches. This will trigger the opposite outcome of how the mafia have left a switch. This will also use up a charge of the switcher if they used it.
If you switch a power role and they are not being switched they are switched off.
Each switch uses a Charge, you have 8 charges.
Win condition:
You win when you are last person alive.or nothing can stop this from happening

Other setup info
Role list
8 Citizens
1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Vigilante

Mafia Cop switch
Mafia doctor switch
Mafia vigilante switch

Serial killer
48/24 day/night timers, although I may extend nights depending on IRl stuff and replacement numbers
If you do not post for 24 hours I will prod you, if you do not post for another 18 hours I will force replace you, 2 prods means I will automatically force replace you
Mafia chat is on discord.
No kill credits
Playerlist:
1. Uzayaltay
2. Ejjinami
3. Crimson97
4. Chemist1422
5. tfiosforevah
6. cupcakeaj2
7. Dash2
8. Eragon1329
9. Rickdaily12
10. Qvapil
11. GrumpyGoomba
12. Zucker
13. Flake
14. Phone0lx
15. ProtoZigg
Backups:
1. Thedebil
2. Mario
Last edited by 0verki11 on Sun May 12, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 24 times in total.
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Re: VFM 49: Switch FM

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Posting to follow the playerlist, put me in as a backup for now
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby UzayAltay » Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm

/join

I can't miss This WIFOM hell.
No regrets , even I Will probably regret at The end .
46-46 Spoiler: Town Games(27-32)

NFM50,NFM51,NFM52,14D,14E, NFM54 ,14H (AF), 14G, NFM 55, NFM 56, 15C, NFM 57, NFM 58,15F,SFM45,16B, VFM36, 16D , SFM 47 , VFM38, NFM62 , 16G ,VFM 39, EpisodeXVII, 17B , 17C , VFM44 , 17D , 17F,18C,18D,18E,VFM55,VFM57,SFM64, 19C,VFM58,VFM59 ,19D,VFM60,SFM66,SFM67,VFM64,SFM70,VFM69,XX7,XX9, VFM71,VFM72, VFM73, VFM74, 21A,VFM75,VFM76,XX14,VFM77,XX16,VFM78,VFM79

Scum Games (19-14)

NFM 48 , NFM 49 , TFM 65 ,TFM 66 , Episode XV ,TFM68 ,VFM 34, NFM61 , VFM42 , SFM53, VFM43,17E,VFM49,SFM60,CFM19,VFM54, EpisodeXIX, SFM63, 19E, 19F ,VFM62 ,VFM63,XX3,VFM66,XX5,VFM67,XX6,SFM72,XX8,VFM70,XX10,SFM76,SFM80
UzayAltay
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XV] Winner

Re: VFM 49: leeloo and stitch FM

Postby ejjinami » Sat May 11, 2019 4:21 pm

/in
...at least for now

I really don't like the 48/24h deadlines though ):

15 : 14,5

Last updated: 18.02.2021
ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Crimson97 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:22 pm

/join

Spoiler:
Crimson97
[Forum Mafia XVIII] Winner

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 11, 2019 4:26 pm

good enough playerlist I guess

/join
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Transcender » Sat May 11, 2019 4:52 pm

/spectate if possible
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby tfiosforevah » Sat May 11, 2019 4:54 pm

/in

Why not
Just a college-aged girl who likes playing mafia :D

FM History: 8-7
Spoiler: FM6E- stalker- loss
TFM8- checker- loss
GFM- investigator- win
Episode XII- double citizen- win
SFM28- Jugin/Vet. Lancer (citizen)- loss
VFM42- citizen- loss
SFM53- despacito 2.5 (tracker)- win
VFM43- citizen- win
SFM55- vanilla townie (citizen)- win
FM17C- caporegime- loss
VFM44- citizen- loss
FM17D- pirate- win
VFM46- irn-bru (goon)- win
SFM56- goon- win
FM17E- citizen- loss
tfiosforevah
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XII] Winner

Postby 0verki11 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:19 pm

Google wrote:/spectate if possible

not allowing spectating sorry
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Postby cupcakeaj2 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:50 pm

/in
Spoiler: Repertoire

Mad Scientist

Prophet

Blacksmith

Anonymous

Forum Mafia Games:

ALL:

5 - 6 - 2

TOWN:

3 - 4 - 1

MAFIA:

2 - 3 - 0

OTHER:

0 - 0 - 1
cupcakeaj2
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Eragon1329 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:11 pm

How this game goes

SK choose night immunity
Mafia uses cop and vigilante and doctor block every single night
SK never undoes a block, except *maybe* doctor

mafia and SK kill the PR's before they can get a single action done

Scum steamrolls town

Love it

/in
Spoiler:

TG/FM Records

28-30-6

Eragon1329
FM Awards: Neutral
FM Awards: Neutral

Postby Chemist1422 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Eragon1329 wrote:How this game goes

SK choose night immunity
Mafia uses cop and vigilante and doctor block every single night
SK never undoes a block, except *maybe* doctor

mafia and SK kill the PR's before they can get a single action done

Scum steamrolls town

Love it

/in

You could do that

But for the SK, it's a risk for them to lose because they can't take the mafia out fast enough
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby ejjinami » Sat May 11, 2019 7:51 pm

The mafia can't deactivate the PRs when performing the factional kill, so unless the SK does sth, at least 1 of the PRs should always be able to use their ability

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm just going to resign myself to the reality that Town probably isn't going to win this game. They just don't have enough here for that to happen anywhere near half the time.

It doesn't stop this game from being interesting enough to try running, so fuck it.

/in

If I can make any request that matters to you though, Serial Killer being able to use multiple charges per night (This game is not going to see a Night 6 that isn't endgamed) and a Town Role that can also fuck with the switches would also be a lot of fun this game.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12
FM Awards: Town

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sat May 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Oh why the fuck not
/Join
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Crimson97 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Dash2 wrote:in

sup fuckers

Top 10 anime comebacks.

Spoiler:
Crimson97

Postby 0verki11 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Rickdaily12 wrote:I'm just going to resign myself to the reality that Town probably isn't going to win this game. They just don't have enough here for that to happen anywhere near half the time.

It doesn't stop this game from being interesting enough to try running, so fuck it.

/in

If I can make any request that matters to you though, Serial Killer being able to use multiple charges per night (This game is not going to see a Night 6 that isn't endgamed) and a Town Role that can also fuck with the switches would also be a lot of fun this game.

Serial Killer can use multiple charges a night.
Edit: I swear I changed the rolecard for that, Ill change it when I get to my pc

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Postby Rickdaily12 » Sat May 11, 2019 11:52 pm

0verki11 wrote:
Rickdaily12 wrote:I'm just going to resign myself to the reality that Town probably isn't going to win this game. They just don't have enough here for that to happen anywhere near half the time.

/in

Serial Killer can use multiple charges a night.
Edit: I swear I changed the rolecard for that, Ill change it when I get to my pc

I still think it would be wise to throw in one more role for the Town, either a Citizen converted to the role or one more player entirely; limited use or not; a role on the Town who has the power to change switches would truly make this game really spicy. It wouldn't violate the spirit of the game either, and it would only make the true fate of each switch each night even more uncertain. It would also give the Town a real fighting chance, I feel, if this last minute addition is ok with you and the mods.

But I'm at least glad that the Serial Killer will at least get more use out of his switches now.
"Don't lie this is all so you could post Ace Attorney gifs and have it be relevant isn't it." ~Sarah Thorpe

Looking for guides? :D

Check out the LGBTAI+ Thread!

Rickdaily12

Postby Zucker » Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 am

/Join
Zucker
Jester
Jester

Postby Transcender » Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 am

0verki11 wrote:
Google wrote:/spectate if possible

not allowing spectating sorry
okyp
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby GrumpyGoomba » Sun May 12, 2019 2:36 am

Rip poor golgo...
Spoiler: Why did you click this spoiler?
GrumpyGoomba
Mayor
Mayor

Postby ejjinami » Sun May 12, 2019 3:35 am

/in

MS statistics: (2:3:1)
Town Win Percentage: 33.3%
Mafia Win Percentage: 50.0%
Serial Killer Win Percentage: 16.6%

The game sample is small, but the town's win chances seem ok to me... If anything, the mafia needs to be nerfed and SK buffed.
Forbid the mafia from using the same person to perform the factional kill twice in a row? and maybe give the SK a 1-s BP vest regardless of which abilities they choose?
idk
and idk if changing the game would be allowed now :/ (even though it would prob be a good idea)

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby ejjinami » Sun May 12, 2019 4:11 am

The playerlist is great :0

ejjinami
Medium
Medium

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun May 12, 2019 4:19 am

/in
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby ProtoZigg » Sun May 12, 2019 6:42 am

/in
"My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive"

- Matthew Bellamy
ProtoZigg