Reporting issues with screenshots

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Reporting issues with screenshots

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 pm

According to PotHeadPrincess, issues that happen within a lobby chat caused by people that leave after the fact so they cant get reported, are immediately closed because they are too hard to prove, yet the screenshots show proof and also admission of said issue?

oh wait.. I humbly apologize. I keep forgetting.... as it was explained to me, screenshots are not reliable because they can be faked/edited/cropped etc. If thats the case, then please explain to me why in the bloody hell do you require them on all the other reports?

I got an idea! get rid of screenshots all together and read the chat logs! that way you dont have to wonder if the screenshots are real or not! but it is why you want screenshots, so you DONT have to read the chat logs. But since you say that screenshots are not reliable, why even require them? Sounds like more of " Do as I say, not as I do", but again, what do I know. Gotta love the good ole' murican double standards! I know I do :-D!!
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Reporting issues with screenshots

Postby Flavorable » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:42 am

The reason we need them on forum reports, is because they're forum reports. Those generally skip the juror queue and go straight to the judges, so to save time for said judges (who, believe you me, have more to do than just do forum reports every day), we need screenshots (that are unedited and uncropped) so they know what they're searching for. Our Judges work their butts off going through hundreds of reports a day, the forum reports are an added feature in case something needs their attention or a report couldn't be made in a game, so the Judges know what/who to look out for.

Not sure where you got that screenshots are not reliable, nor do I support the fact that you assume the Judges don't read the game logs. If you don't like the process of forum reporting, then don't do it, since it's not a necessity, it's an added feature.

As for reports on lobby spammers who then leave, simply put in the body of the message that it is a lobby spammer who left and Judges will generally send it through to (or discuss it with) an admin who will decide what to do with it.

I think you're misconstruing the use of the forum reports. If people get reported ingame, the reports will still get handled through juror queue even if you don't leave a forum report, especially since forum reports are generally not the first priority of Judges.

As for lobby spammers, you can still just post an unedited screenshot for those on the Report Player section, or, which if even easier, you can join the Trial Discord and send them there.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Flavorable wrote:The reason we need them on forum reports, is because they're forum reports. Those generally skip the juror queue and go straight to the judges, so to save time for said judges (who, believe you me, have more to do than just do forum reports every day), we need screenshots (that are unedited and uncropped) so they know what they're searching for. Our Judges work their butts off going through hundreds of reports a day, the forum reports are an added feature in case something needs their attention or a report couldn't be made in a game, so the Judges know what/who to look out for.

Not sure where you got that screenshots are not reliable, nor do I support the fact that you assume the Judges don't read the game logs. If you don't like the process of forum reporting, then don't do it, since it's not a necessity, it's an added feature.

As for reports on lobby spammers who then leave, simply put in the body of the message that it is a lobby spammer who left and Judges will generally send it through to (or discuss it with) an admin who will decide what to do with it.

I think you're misconstruing the use of the forum reports. If people get reported ingame, the reports will still get handled through juror queue even if you don't leave a forum report, especially since forum reports are generally not the first priority of Judges.

As for lobby spammers, you can still just post an unedited screenshot for those on the Report Player section, or, which if even easier, you can join the Trial Discord and send them there.

where do I get where screenshots are not reliable? because someone with a "GREEN" username Told me they were not! And no a lot of them do not read the chat logs. Why? its the same reason A LOT of reports go unseen or closed without judgement. because No one reads them properly or only focus's on that single report. .. Granted I am NOT saying all of them do it.. but a majority of them due. And Like you said, they have more and better things to do then to look through reports. My response to that is, if you do not want to take the time to do the job YOU VOLUNTEERED for, and do it correctly, do not even do it!.

Okay Since its not a necessity. But ONLY Since its not a necessity. Really? you and I, and everyone else knows that the in game reporting system is severely lacking. I had someone reported yesterday for some really sick shit and 2 people stood up for them and said NO DONT REPORT THEM THEY ARE JUST HAVING FUN THEY DIDNT MEAN IT..Are you kidding me?.... You really think that this forum is NOT a necessity? ...But since you are in a position of power, i guess you can keep telling yourself that.

Another question is .. why in the bloody hell must I join a discord server when we have this forum right here? one serious problem this thing has is that BMG utilizes WAY TOO Many social networks. between a forum, reddit, twitter, discord or whatever.. Stick to one and one alone. You do NOT need to have several different ones, Why? because things get posted on one, that do not get posted or are the complete opposite on another site. thats why. then the arguments come in, " well on discord it says this" or " on the trial reporting page it says this" or " it was reported on reddit but not here on this forum" do you see what I am getting at?

and its Not just lobby spammers, its hatespeech, multiaccounting, botting, inappropriate account names, harassment, soliciting...the list goes on. yet according to potheadprincess, some offenses arent severe enough to warrent them to be looked at by judges? since when is breaking any of the rules not severe enough to warrent a report?
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby williewest » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:22 pm

RedHeadStepChild wrote:
Flavorable wrote:The reason we need them on forum reports, is because they're forum reports. Those generally skip the juror queue and go straight to the judges, so to save time for said judges (who, believe you me, have more to do than just do forum reports every day), we need screenshots (that are unedited and uncropped) so they know what they're searching for. Our Judges work their butts off going through hundreds of reports a day, the forum reports are an added feature in case something needs their attention or a report couldn't be made in a game, so the Judges know what/who to look out for.

where do I get where screenshots are not reliable? because someone with a "GREEN" username Told me they were not! And no a lot of them do not read the chat logs. Why? its the same reason A LOT of reports go unseen or closed without judgement. because No one reads them properly or only focus's on that single report. .. Granted I am NOT saying all of them do it.. but a majority of them due. And Like you said, they have more and better things to do then to look through reports. My response to that is, if you do not want to take the time to do the job YOU VOLUNTEERED for, and do it correctly, do not even do it!.

Okay Since its not a necessity. But ONLY Since its not a necessity. Really? you and I, and everyone else knows that the in game reporting system is severely lacking. I had someone reported yesterday for some really sick shit and 2 people stood up for them and said NO DONT REPORT THEM THEY ARE JUST HAVING FUN THEY DIDNT MEAN IT..Are you kidding me?.... You really think that this forum is NOT a necessity? ...But since you are in a position of power, i guess you can keep telling yourself that.

Another question is .. why in the bloody hell must I join a discord server when we have this forum right here? one serious problem this thing has is that BMG utilizes WAY TOO Many social networks. between a forum, reddit, twitter, discord or whatever.. Stick to one and one alone. You do NOT need to have several different ones, Why? because things get posted on one, that do not get posted or are the complete opposite on another site. thats why. then the arguments come in, " well on discord it says this" or " on the trial reporting page it says this" or " it was reported on reddit but not here on this forum" do you see what I am getting at?

and its Not just lobby spammers, its hatespeech, multiaccounting, botting, inappropriate account names, harassment, soliciting...the list goes on. yet according to potheadprincess, some offenses arent severe enough to warrent them to be looked at by judges? since when is breaking any of the rules not severe enough to warrent a report?

I'm going to address you paragraph-by-paragraph.

Paragraph 1: One person does not encompass the entire mod team, and it is highly likely you misinterpreted them.
I would also like to congratulate you on having 24/7 surveillance on the entire mod team to know whether they aren't properly reading reports. Your omnipotence shall be noted for future references, and laughed at by yours truly.
It was stated that they have other things to do than forum reports, like the actual judge, mod and admin queues. Not that they neglect anything. It's just that the Report Players sub-forum is usually lower-priority.

Paragraph 2: 2 reports to send a report through from in-game is not lacking. It's a precautionary measure if anything, to cut down on salt reports by not allowing one user to have complete power over reporting another. The Report Players sub-forum is a byproduct of the Trial System, not a necessity for it to run as intended.

Paragraph 3: BMG does not utilize, nor do they have jurisdiction over, every popular social media platform that houses the Town of Salem fan-base. They own this forum, and their Twitter and/or Facebook pages. The sub-reddit is fan-made, and by Reddit's own terms BMG wouldn't be allowed to run their own sub-reddit anyway because there's a hard emphasis on "fan-made." Every discord server is either fan-made, or in the case of Trial System, ran by people with power in the Trial System as a quicker and more efficient form of communication than this sub-forum.

Paragraph 4: You are free to blame BMG for that. The people who take part in the Trial System, as you stated, are only volunteers. When they tell you something, they are the messengers and the enforcers, not the ones who make the rules and guidelines they are told to go by.

My apologies if this is blunt or rude, but it would seem the main issue here is you haven't got a clue how the report system works or is ran, nor do you have the omnipotence to make a claim that judges don't look at reports properly, as you have no communication with them outside of the forums where they aren't likely to regularly discuss what they're doing, when they're doing it, how they're doing it, and why they're doing it. (That's where the Discord Server comes into play.)
Before you attempt to call out Trial's mods, BMG or any other powerhouse on immaturity for my snide remarks, please note: I am no one, same as you. I'm held accountable for myself, with nobody above nor below me.
Last edited by williewest on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything in my signature is a clickable link
Spoiler: Discord: William#2527

williewest
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Flavorable » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Okay, let me spell it out for you:

You are only reading what you want to read, so let me clarify in more simple language:

- No one ever said screenshots are unreliable. We have, however stated that EDITED screenshots are unreliable and we WILL close forum report posts immediately when they show up.

- All of our jurors AND judges read through the forums, not sure what inspires you to say differently, but one's never going to change the mind of a person who thinks they know what's going on behind the screens without having seen it themselves.

- Also, I never said judges have better things to do than look at reports. I specifically stated FORUM reports, not reports in general. Judge queue, Report Tracker, Juror List and Problem Players will ALWAYS have priority.

- No, forum reports are not a necessity, as long as there is not an ingame report created we CANNOT physically suspend or ban people. This is not something we decided upon, this is how the Devs made the system work, whether you agree with it or not.

- No one said you -must- join a discord server, but since it's the one place where all the active jurors, all the judges, mods, one of the Devs and the admins reside, it's your best bet to find the most updated rules, have questions quickly answered and find out where things go wrong if you vote incorrectly on votes. It's not a must, it's a handy tool.

- The Devs are only on this forum, not on any other media. The community manager, however, is also on Steam from time to time, is in the Trial Discord and handles the social media. The Devs are not on Reddit.

- Where people report stuff is unimportant. The only place a report ALWAYS needs to be made, is ingame, the rest is purely optional. As for the rules, they are on the official website and available within the Trial webpage, there is a more extended one available for jurors on the Trial Discord. Since you aren't on Discord, you'll just have to make due with the Judges telling you whether or not something is valid or severe enough, they're the ones with the experience and they're the ones that make the last call.

- If you have a problem with a Judge or a Moderator, you can contact an Admin.

- I get that you want everything going your own way, heck, everyone does, but that's not how the world works and that's not how we work. As much as you might not like it, that's simply the way it is. You may not like it, you may not agree with it, but in the end, the Devs, Admins, Mods and Judges are in charge. We have the experience, we know what the Devs expect of us, the community and the game and that's the guidelines we adhere to, we can't please everyone. And if it happens that you're the one that's not pleased, there's not much more we can do about it.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:31 pm

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98885

This is what I am talking about! Both players were reported!! And its just swept under the rug!!

Myself, Airowyn, mbear and several others reported them!! Do not tell me it was never reported in game!

RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Flavorable » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 am

RedHeadStepChild wrote:https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=98885

This is what I am talking about! Both players were reported!! And its just swept under the rug!!

Myself, Airowyn, mbear and several others reported them!! Do not tell me it was never reported in game!

Don't know what to tell you. I checked, there's no reports of this game. The fact that you keep saying "swept under the rug" implies that you think everyone is lying and making reports disappear, when, to be quite frank, it seems more likely that the people you said reported them, perhaps didn't.
The only way reports don't get filed is either if the Trial server is down (which is unlikely to ever happen, let alone so many times you report somene), or if there weren't two people ingame who reported the person.
The only open report on the second dude you mentioned is a gamethrowing report which is, as far as I can tell, not valid and if anything, by reading the lobby chat, you were harassing the person more than they were harassing you and you were asking people to report him for something he didn't even do. And this open reported isn't the one you posted about in the forum reports.

You can't fight toxicity with more toxicity and you can't try to bully judges or mods into magically making reports get made. Now you may not like it and you may not agree with the system, but that's all I can tell you.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Suggestions