We need positive reinforcement!

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

We need positive reinforcement!

Postby generalgratitude » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 am

People are getting reported and punished, yet they are never given props for being nice and good.
Can we fix this?
generalgratitude

Re: We need positive reinforcement!

Postby Jerme » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Moved to suggestions and modified the title accordingly. If you have anything that could be an addition to the game, please post here instead of Bug Reports (unless its a new role or a rolechange).
What about having a cleaner community as a reward due to the more or less toxic people getting locked out?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:35 am

The only thing I can think about for doing something like this is filing a report on the trial system and getting town points or something for helping clear reports faster.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby generalgratitude » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:55 am

These suggestions Sound good to me.
Personally, i was thinking about a mechnanic where the Players, after the game is over, select who they thought did best this game (except themselves).
Players who regularly have a decent amount of People recommending them are then queued with other People who have a better Reputation, whereas reports for gamethrowing would lower their chances of getting queued with "non-toxic" players.

I felt the need to post bc there is just so much salt in ranked classic and ranked coven, and i feel that if a jailor is holding grudges against the guy from last game and he exes him because of that on n2, thats a pity. especially if the salty jailor exes a retri. and the retri played nice, even apologized.

have the retri and the jailor play seperate games.
generalgratitude

Postby Villagerlover » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:02 am

generalgratitude wrote:These suggestions Sound good to me.
Personally, i was thinking about a mechnanic where the Players, after the game is over, select who they thought did best this game (except themselves).
Players who regularly have a decent amount of People recommending them are then queued with other People who have a better Reputation, whereas reports for gamethrowing would lower their chances of getting queued with "non-toxic" players.

I don't think this is a good system because people will just pick their friends when they joined in parties, or their alt accounts if they have any.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Sylek » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:50 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:I don't think this is necessary. People don't walk around in real life expecting to be rewarded for never breaking the law, why should people feel entitled to rewards from the game for never breaking the rules? That just doesn't make sense to me. If you never break the rules, good for you, but don't expect rewards out of it.

Instead of looking at as a reward for not breaking the rules or actual rewards, it could be stuff like you see in League of Legends like "MVP", if other players thought you made great plays. There doesn't need to be any Town Points or Merit Points for it. It also expands on the after-game lobby which is currently just unused chat, roles, in game names, account names.
(I don't play or watch League often and haven't touched it for at least a few months, but I remember that part of after the match)
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Postby Sylek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:09 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:
Sylek wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:I don't think this is necessary. People don't walk around in real life expecting to be rewarded for never breaking the law, why should people feel entitled to rewards from the game for never breaking the rules? That just doesn't make sense to me. If you never break the rules, good for you, but don't expect rewards out of it.

Instead of looking at as a reward for not breaking the rules or actual rewards, it could be stuff like you see in League of Legends like "MVP", if other players thought you made great plays. There doesn't need to be any Town Points or Merit Points for it. It also expands on the after-game lobby which is currently just unused chat, roles, in game names, account names.
(I don't play or watch League often and haven't touched it for at least a few months, but I remember that part of after the match)

That's a whole other topic that has been brought up a few times in the past, but it is something that can be abused easily by parties and stuff.

If they're not getting anything out of it other than feedback from other players, how would it get abused? Why would people want to abuse it.
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:15 am

GA notices his target isnt voting with town. GA claims psychic. Town lynches the real psy. Town mislynches the GA next day. GA protects his charge for 2 days. Those 4 days grace allow coven to win, with GAs target alive.

MVP votes - 4 for GA from the coven (if they bothered clicking)
- 0 from town because GA should just claim day 1, and that cost us the match

Perhaps you will need an MVP good and an MVP evil, becuase people wont vote against their faction for the most part. The salt overides the acknowledgment of a good play
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mrminecraft03 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:43 pm

What about by using the trial system you can get minimal amounts of TP like 5 or so by filling reports. Limit of like 20 rewards per day to prevent much spamming.
mrminecraft03
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Sylek » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:51 am

kyuss420 wrote:GA notices his target isnt voting with town. GA claims psychic. Town lynches the real psy. Town mislynches the GA next day. GA protects his charge for 2 days. Those 4 days grace allow coven to win, with GAs target alive.

MVP votes - 4 for GA from the coven (if they bothered clicking)
- 0 from town because GA should just claim day 1, and that cost us the match

Perhaps you will need an MVP good and an MVP evil, becuase people wont vote against their faction for the most part. The salt overides the acknowledgment of a good play

This example may be few and far between, but I got role of vig in a game of Drac Palace. Town lost after very close game, but the remaining players were saying I played well, deserved to win (they did wait to convert me since I was out of bullets), and so on. Most of those remaining players were vampires, either original or converted.
KatiyaKramer wrote:Say you have a group of friends playing one game, and they all know who each other is in game by the end. Friends are most likely going to vote for each other, and not for anyone who actually deserves to get any sort of recognition in the game, especially if one of the friends in that party really gets screwed over by a good play the deserving person does.

When all your buddy gets is a "pat on the back" when you're likely in a party/chat with them anyway then I don't see the point of prioritizing friends. If you're really that concerned about it, the system can prevent you from voting anyone in your party or friend's list. This way you can acknowledge another player with this system. I really don't see it being a problem myself though.
Sylek
Witch
Witch

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:52 am

generalgratitude wrote:People are getting reported and punished, yet they are never given props for being nice and good.
Can we fix this?

To quote Chris Rock " People want credit for things they're supposed to do"

Really? If they were always being nice and good, they wouldn't be getting reported in the first place now would they?

If you don't wanna do the time, Don't do the crime.

its as simple as that. The "Props" you speak of are already given, meaning you're still allowed to play the game. What more do you want? a cookie?
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mrminecraft03 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:15 pm

RedHeadStepChild wrote:What more do you want? a cookie?

Yes
mrminecraft03
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions