Mafia Voting on Mafia Visits

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Mafia Voting on Mafia Visits

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 pm

There is one thing I hated in the past few games I've played, and that was having an important mafia role (Janitor etc) being AFK at the worst times... It cost us the game on most of the one's I played as Mafia and honestly it was Ranked so you can tell how mad I was at them.

I have one solution that may or may not be viable in game, but in theory I think this might be a good idea. I am thinking that each member of the Mafia should be able to vote for what each Mafia member visits.

(What I call 'Targeter' is the Mafia member being voted to target someone)

Functionality
Similar to the day action button, the Mafia will have a night action button (maybe a moon instead of a sun?). This will have another popup on the center of the screen similar to the night action box with two columns. One with the Mafia members to be selected and the other with all targetable players. You select a Mafia and a target and that's done with voting.

Priorities
Each Mafia member has a different priority for this. If a Mafia member (excluding Targeter and GF) voted on a Mafia member which hasn't selected a target themselves, the Targeter goes on the voted target. If the Targeter has selected someone to visit themselves, they visit their choice. If the Godfather votes on a Targeter, the Godfather has the highest priority and they visit their target.

Clarifications
- The Godfather works differently, they don't have the moon icon. Their voting is exactly the same as their normal night target but acts like a witch instead (selecting only Mafia targets to control) but can only control one. Meaning they don't only control the Mafioso, they CAN if they wish to but they can control other Mafia roles. It acts more like a Godfather of the MAFIA rather than solely the Mafioso, if that makes any sense.

Let me know if this could work realistically or any ideas to make this work better (if it can at all). Thanks in advance :D :D
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Mafia Voting on Mafia Visits

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:42 am

meh, sadly its just part of the game, just report the player for afk, in theory serial afkers will be suspended/banned and eventually you will be rid of them. While its a good suggestion its a lot of work for something that isnt a problem with the game itself, but a problem with problematic players. I mean, why click start if youre going to be afk
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Re: Mafia Voting on Mafia Visits

Postby Zyprexa2024 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:56 am

I agree with kyuss, It's a good idea, but it's all about the players, just report the person who is afk, I have seen mafiosos saying to report their janitor or smth in the death note, and whenever they die, all of town reported them.
Zyprexa2024
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Suggestions