NEW ROLES

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should the Devs make new roles/factions

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 6

NEW ROLES

Postby CanadianJason » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:55 pm

Devs of Town of Salem
Can you please make new roles in this game cus it has literally been like a year since you added a new one like idk maybe add one new role in like an update or things like that
CanadianJason
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: NEW ROLES

Postby Flavorable » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:57 pm

Unity port has priority. I'm sure the developers will assess the necessity of new roles after they're done with Unity.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CanadianJason » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Wtf is Unity?
CanadianJason
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:26 pm

CanadianJason wrote:Wtf is Unity?
Pull up a chair, this is a long story.

So Town of Salem currently runs on Adobe Flash. Flash has been used as an engine for online computer games for a while, I think over 10 years now. Adobe, the guys who made Flash, decided that they were suddenly going to pull the plug on Flash, and stop supporting it. They are going to do this in 2020, and when that time comes, all games that run on Flash will die with the engine. Adobe gave everyone about a year and a half advance warning so that developers of Flash games, like BMG, could figure out how to keep their game running when their engine goes kaput.

BMG’s solution was to port Town of Salem to the Unity game engine, which is more recent and doesn’t have some of the problems Flash has. This basically requires a complete overhaul of the code in order to make the transfer. Due to the immense amount of effort this takes and the fact that they’re on a time limit, BMG is tunnel-visioning on completing the Unity port as soon as possible. They won’t even spare a second thought to anything else that would take a significant amount of time, unless it’s an absolute emergency like the data breach was. So everyone who wants a major change to the game is being told to wait for the Unity port to finish, because realistically nothing big is going to happen until then.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Suggestions