-15 for leaving at Masters Ranked

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

-15 for leaving at Masters Ranked

Postby panapparos » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm

It's good to see that Devs are trying to combat instances of people leaving. However, I was wondering if this applies to people disconnecting as well. I apologise if this was brought up before but if it does I think this create a huge problem for some players.

Currently, I usually get +1 for winning even with NE / NK. Sometimes I get +2 or +3 and I very rarely get +4 (I ve seen only 1 +5 win recently)

When I lose, it's usually -3, ranging from -1 to - 5

So even if I were to play 20 games and win 14 (avg + 2), lose 5 (avg -3) and get disconnected once (my connection is stable but it happens from time to time and I m not sure it's my connection's fault) I ll get +28 - 15 = 13... - 15 for disconnecting = -2. So - 2 instead of +13. That's terrible even if I managed to have a 70% win rate (which I certainly don't).

I propose this instead: Make it so the leaver loses X amount the Elo he would otherwise lose with a cap of 15 at Masters (I would propose 3 times the Elo the player would otherwise lose).

Unless getting disconnected doesn't count as leaving (couldn't find a clarification by reading around a bit on the forums) in which case it doesn't matter.

Panapparos
panapparos
Executioner
Executioner

Re: -15 for leaving at Masters Ranked

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 pm

There is not a way to tell a disconnect from a leave sadly.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: -15 for leaving at Masters Ranked

Postby mycomplacency » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 am

It's actually really good because it stops elo creep to some degree (although certainly not enough to stop it in most cases) while hurting the leaver trolls especially so.
mycomplacency
Jester
Jester

Return to Suggestions