Coven Necronomicon priority

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Coven Necronomicon priority

Postby ArsonistzRakiem » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:40 am

Implementing such feature would be great.
**Disclaimer: I don't really want to make this long.

We have 6 coven roles (CL, Necro, PM, HM, Poisoner and Medusa) and as well all know some of them are more usefull than others. Naturally CL's priority outranks anyone else, but after that's it's a gamble who gets the necronomicon.
I was thinking that based on which roles do what the priority should go as follows CL>Medusa/Potion Master>Necromancer/Poisoner/Hex Master>, because of how much useful some roles can be without necronomicon and for example Poisoner can still kill without Necromomicon, while Potion Masters has to wait. Making the priorty as I purposed would be much better, because after first 2 nights Medusa and Potion Master become useless. Necromancer becomes the most usefull in the mid-game, so he should be getting Necronomicon after the other less useful roles. Poisoner can basically get a kill from N2 onward, unless there is a Doctor, so it's really a gamble, but it's a gamble. Also the Hex Master is more of an end-game role, because that's where most of the town is dead and he can (if lucky) get a few kills to finish the game with a nice "Coven Wins!".

***Summary here: First: Coven Leader > Second: Medusa and Potion Master > Third: Necromancer, Poisoner and Hex Master based on their usefulness. If you'd prefer a specific priority I can personally suggest CL>Medusa/PM>Necro>HM>Poisoner.
ArsonistzRakiem
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Coven Necronomicon priority

Postby yummyporkchops » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:40 pm

This sounds like a great suggestion, and I definitely believe there should be a hierarchy within the coven that determines who gets the necronomicon.

I would propose this order:
CL > Medusa > PM > Poisoner/Necromancer > Hex Master

1. Coven Leader, as she's obviously the head of the coven, therefore she's the first to receive the book. She's also the most useful, being able to control targets, learn their roles, and drain them.
2. Medusa, because once her stone gazes are used up, she's useless. At least the PM can perform night actions, but Medusa cannot until she receives the book.
3. Potion Master. Unlike the Medusa, she is still able to perform some action per night, alternating between potions. That's why I think her priority should be third.

4/5. Poisoner, because she can choose someone to poison every night, and if there's a doctor, she can poison the doctor, wait for him to self-heal, then poison him again. Necromancer, because by the time she receives the book, there should be a few dead roles she can choose from. When she doesn't have the book, she can still control corpses and act as both an attack and support role (using dead TPs to protect herself and other members, controlling a vigilante/mafioso corpse, etc)

6. Hex Master. The combination of her unstoppable hex attack and the fact that she doesn't physically visit during astral attacks puts her at the last of the list. Her hexes also frame people, so that's that.
yummyporkchops
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:49 am

I see you dont play as coven in vip mode much or in coven vs town modes

CL> Hex Master > Necro > PM > medusa >poisoner

Medusa should be baiting early to get extra kills, Also they should be taking the sus, if CL gets in the spotlight somehow. Looking sus will get sheriff or tracker stoned, or getting a 1 for 1 trade with the vigi (if CL is doing there job properly, there will be a TP on you anyway) If you are doing your job as medusa properly, you will be dead before the CL.

CL and that basic defence is the only way coven can stop a crus on crus or a doc on crus combo. Can send vigi wherever they like. Most important coven member for countering towns plays.

Hex Masters Astral attack that bypasses traps and BGs can be way more powerful than having a CL, especially, if CL has done their job, crusaders and docs should be dead by the time HM gets the necro. This ability to kill without visiting puts them at the top of the list, It counters half of the TP roles' plays.

Necromancer - I could use your medusa arguement for necro. They usually have nothing to do for the first few nights as most important roles should be stoned. Visiting useless roles at night, like sherriff leaves you open to a tracker spotting you... cant even set traps with dead trappers. Necro summoning ghouls to kill can bust traps and kill BGs with no negative effects to the coven, whereas Medusa would just die in those situations, giving town majority in most cases. If necro busts a trap or kills BG, then gets lynched, the target is then open for medusa/pm to finish the job. Also Necro cant be role blocked

PM - The coven support member. Gets a kill every 3 days anyway, can heal coven members that a vigi is likely to shoot, can heal the coven members with the necro, can reveal to remove traps, so obviously Random Coven get the book before them. If PM has the book, then he is the killer for coven, not the support and coven lose a bit of their team dynamics.

Medusa - no reason they should be alive to get the necro, they need to gaze first 2 nights in order for coven to get some kills, so they may as well be baiting while theyre gazing. if they stone enough town early enough, coven majority. Getting the book before more powerful killers, like HM leaves HM open to crus attacks, vet attacks etc. will also die to TPs that Necromancer can counter, granting coven 1 less day in the game. I have bussed myself as medusa, to save the CL or HM so many times, and usually its resulted in a coven win. Medusa is the lowest priority coven member for town to find/lynch unless they can lynch her day 2. Lynching medusa day 2 means CL cant kill night 2 (unless they find the vigi) So always better to get lynched instead of CL/HM/PM, sometimes that 1 night is all you need to win.

Poisoner - gets a kill anyway, if they dont, they have kept doc busy and off of more important targets anyway. (Try not poisoning night 2 and getting medusa to claim that they were poisoned to get rid of that pesky doc)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby yummyporkchops » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 pm

I have been enlightened by your post, and now I'm beginning to rethink a lot of things. Thank you.
yummyporkchops
Witch
Witch

Return to Suggestions