Vigilantics + Rivals = NEW GAMEMODE

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Vigilantics + Rivals = NEW GAMEMODE

Postby CloudNine661 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:08 am

Potential Names: Hunters Paradise, Hitman Exclusive

Rolelist:

Investigator
Investigator
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante

Mafioso
Pirate
Medusa
Vampire
Plaguebearer
Jester
Survivor

Here's how it works:
--- Each Vigilante will have an evil target. They wont know the name of their target, but they will know their role.
--- Each potential target of the Vigilante of course has no defence
--- The job of the Vigilante is to successfully kill his target at night
--- Each vigilante is only given 1 bullet
--- If the Vigilante kills someone other than their target, they will die of suicide the next day
--- If a vigilante's target is killed by another vigilante or is lynched, they will have to carry out their other win condition, and they still retain their bullet with no consequences (unless they shoot town)
--- If all town is eliminated, the remaining evils (apart from jester if not lynched) can win together and the game will end
--- Even if town loses, A vigilante can win if they successfully kill their target
--- Vampire bites will kill rather than convert

Strategies
--- For town to win, they have to rely on the Investigators
--- Evils dont know who each other are, but if they do, they can team up since they can win together
--- Mafioso, pirate and Vampires are the only evil killers early game. Keep in mind that they can also kill each other
--- Evils should push to lynch, since vigis cant win if they lynch their target, and those refraining from voting are most likely Vigilantes
--- Evils can only win together when they are alive. Dead evils cannot win.
--- Evils can claim INV and call out a random as Vig/Vet/maf etc. If they really are vig, they might trust them, but if they arent a vig, they let other evils know they are also evil.

Win Conditions
--- Mafioso, Medusa, Vampires, Pirate, & Plaguebearer --- Live to see town lose
--- Vigilantes --- Kill their target successfully at night or lynch all evildoers
--- Investigators --- Lynch all evildoers
--- Jester --- Get hanged by any means necessary
--- Survivor --- Live to see the end of the game
<<<Youtube.com/CloudNine661>>> For Average Town of Salem Videos!

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Vigilantics + Rivals = NEW GAMEMODE

Postby Gabrio » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:33 pm

I like it but if the two invests get killed really quickly, the vigilantes have no idea of who to kill, also, if vig kills another evildoer but no their target they die, I think that evils are way too powerful here (even though the invests will know the role of their target directly except for vigs and mafs), other problem, there are 6 vigilantes but 7 evils or 5 killing evils so what roles are the target of the vigilantes?
Good idea though.
Hey, a signature really? you expect me to have one? no seriously just scroll down to the other replies or go to another post, no signature here, no need to continue reading, nothing here, no seriously, why are you still reading? i'm telling you, no signature, stop reading! STOP, ok, you really want one? really really? here goes nothing: NO! ok you can stop reading, i already told you there isn't anything here, don't continue, oh the character lim
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby CloudNine661 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:46 pm

Gabrio wrote:I like it but if the two invests get killed really quickly, the vigilantes have no idea of who to kill, also, if vig kills another evildoer but no their target they die, I think that evils are way too powerful here (even though the invests will know the role of their target directly except for vigs and mafs), other problem, there are 6 vigilantes but 7 evils or 5 killing evils so what roles are the target of the vigilantes?
Good idea though.

Yeah the 2 Invests are like the Jailor of this game, most valuable players. I threw the surv in there because i thought evils would be underpowered. But now that i run through the scenario; the Mafioso, pirate and vampire can kill 3 people on day 1. Any of those could be INV and town would be doomed.

The survivor can be replaced with like a Doctor or something to give town a fighting chance

The survivor was the only one that couldnt be a vig target and it was easily replaceable

So then that would make it to be 9 town, 6 evils

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Gabrio » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:55 pm

I think maybe one doc instead of a vigilante with the jest for target is good, the jester doesn't need a target.
Suggestion: I think maybe a neutral killing in there instead of the survivor would be good, if you get survivor it's just lame to play in this mode and a neutral killer without a target makes it more difficult for town
Hey, a signature really? you expect me to have one? no seriously just scroll down to the other replies or go to another post, no signature here, no need to continue reading, nothing here, no seriously, why are you still reading? i'm telling you, no signature, stop reading! STOP, ok, you really want one? really really? here goes nothing: NO! ok you can stop reading, i already told you there isn't anything here, don't continue, oh the character lim
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Mikemk » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:50 am

So, town starts game knowing all evils. Town would win every time. And vigilantes who don't die N1 are guaranteed to win N2.
/nosupport
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Gabrio » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 am

no, vigilantes do not know who the evils are, they only know the role of the target.
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby LaughingInsanity » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:19 pm

/support
LaughingInsanity
Spy
Spy

Postby CloudNine661 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Gabrio wrote:I think maybe one doc instead of a vigilante with the jest for target is good, the jester doesn't need a target.
Suggestion: I think maybe a neutral killing in there instead of the survivor would be good, if you get survivor it's just lame to play in this mode and a neutral killer without a target makes it more difficult for town

I like that idea, except the NK part since there is already 3 kpn. Unless you mean like an Arso, which can change invest results and make it harder. Because evils dont know who each other are either and need each other to win so they could easily not attack on n1 until they have more info. Or, should i replace it with like a blackmailer to counter the whole "if investigator finds Vig/Vet/Maf and believe them to not be mafioso, they'll whisper them to team up" thing.

Investigator
Investigator
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Doctor
Mafioso
Pirate
Medusa
Vampire
Plaguebearer
Jester
Arsonist

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Postby StrahmDude » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:53 pm

I like this idea. Especially with more slow burn NKs. I don't know if they will be able to pull off the special rules. It would be nice to see something other than lovers :)
StrahmDude
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Gabrio » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:32 am

I really like the new list!
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Andrija04 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:25 pm

It's a good concept but
If a vigilante's target is killed by another vigilante or is lynched, they will have to carry out their other win condition, and they still retain their bullet with no consequences (unless they shoot town)

Means if their targeted evil died the Vigilante gets 3 shots to fire at defenseless evils and that seems like too much but other than that the idea is great.

Also, does
Mafioso, Medusa, Vampires, Pirate, & Plaguebearer --- Live to see town lose

mean they can win together as long as town loses?
Andrija04
Medium
Medium

Postby Gabrio » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:12 pm

The vigilante only keeps one bullet. About evils, maybe that was the original idea but I think evils win separately, unless they are neutral evil.
Gabrio
Civilian
Civilian

Postby CloudNine661 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Andrija04 wrote:It's a good concept but
If a vigilante's target is killed by another vigilante or is lynched, they will have to carry out their other win condition, and they still retain their bullet with no consequences (unless they shoot town)

Means if their targeted evil died the Vigilante gets 3 shots to fire at defenseless evils and that seems like too much but other than that the idea is great.

All vigilante's in this gamemode only have 1 bullet. They only get 1 chance to shoot their target. So if a vigilante's target is killed by another vigilante they would only keep their single bullet for use.

Also, does

That is correct, which may seem OP but they must be alive to win, plus they could easily kill each other too if they go around killing randomly.

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Andrija04 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:19 am

CloudNine661 wrote:
Andrija04 wrote:It's a good concept but

All vigilante's in this gamemode only have 1 bullet. They only get 1 chance to shoot their target. So if a vigilante's target is killed by another vigilante they would only keep their single bullet for use.

Also, does

That is correct, which may seem OP but they must be alive to win, plus they could easily kill each other too if they go around killing randomly.

Ok then that seems balanced
/support
Andrija04
Medium
Medium

Postby MegaNub » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 am

I dont think Jester should be in that list if they're a vig target
Spoiler: Image
MegaNub
Lookout
Lookout

Postby CloudNine661 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:37 pm

MegaNub wrote:I dont think Jester should be in that list if they're a vig target

Yeah you're right, because this mode is based around night kills in general, any jesters would be obvious enough. Im not sure what to replace it with unless i start including 2 members of the same faction. I was thinking maybe Hex master/framer to also change INV results but idk, open to suggestions.

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Andrija04 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am

CloudNine661 wrote:
MegaNub wrote:I dont think Jester should be in that list if they're a vig target

Yeah you're right, because this mode is based around night kills in general, any jesters would be obvious enough. Im not sure what to replace it with unless i start including 2 members of the same faction. I was thinking maybe Hex master/framer to also change INV results but idk, open to suggestions.

Maybe you could remove Jester and PB and add one Maf and Coven like Consig and PM/HM
Andrija04
Medium
Medium

Postby CloudNine661 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Andrija04 wrote:
CloudNine661 wrote:

Maybe you could remove Jester and PB and add one Maf and Coven like Consig and PM/HM

That would be ideal, but then the game would just go in Evils favour if some of the evils know who each other are, especially with a consigliere. 2 Pairs of evils, if consig found one of the coven, thats 4 evils who know who each other are. I might have to change it so that evils dont win together if its too OP

Investigator
Investigator
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Vigilante
Doctor
Mafioso
Consigliere
Medusa
Potion Master
Vampire
Pirate
Arsonist

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Suggestions