"Honor/Dishonor" or similar system in Ranked

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

"Honor/Dishonor" or similar system in Ranked

Postby MateoTC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi, because I am currently suspended for three days for "hate speech" (that didn't involve any actual hate speech in the traditional sense, and certainly no harassment, but I digress) It suddenly occurred to me. The more ranked games you play, statistically speaking, the higher your chances are of doing one of the many things this game is currently punishing people for. We're talking you can have 3,000 games without incident, relatively no toxicity, no pissing matches in dead chat, everything goes great, the games are fun, and nobody gets in trouble. But then occasionally you might run into a pissant who for all intents and purposes may even be committing some "hate speech" himself (as was the case with me and my situation) and suddenly you find yourself slipping into territory where you're making mistakes.

Anyway, I think it would be helpful for people to be able to gain a certain amount of "Honor" in a game for maybe being helpful and teaching someone a thing or two about how roles work, or otherwise basically not engaging in toxicity of any kind. For everything "bad" you do/against the rules, it goes against your Dishonor. Basically the idea is, however you do it, I want for people's entire account history to be taken into account when deciding whether you're going to suspend or especially ban someone. Because again, the more games you play, the more chances you have statistically to either slip up, lose your temper, etc etc etc. Not let the two or three mistakes people make define them especially when it's 3 or 4 mistakes out of THOUSANDS.

Anyway, I had learned my lesson the hard way about actual hate speech. Turns out there's even more things that they interpret as that, I think in a lot of cases though it just depends on if the person who is leading the report against you is on the trial board or knows someone on the trial board or not. If you have 3,000 games that went perfectly fine but you have like 4 out of that 3000 where you slipped up one way or another, is that really an ACCURATE reflection on the player? I think what reflects on a player is when 10% or more of their games happen along those lines. So, 300 of 3000 games in other words. I never go out of my way to break rules, I go out of my way to NOT break rules, but like everyone else I am human and find myself getting angry sometimes. I just think there's gotta be a better way to separate problem players from people who otherwise make a rare mistake every once in a while.

By the way, in case you're wondering, don't even use the acronym "KYS" cause apparently that's hate speech now, too. You can call people retarded, you can call them idiots and everything else under the sun, but you better not say "KYS!" cause we all know how many times they actually follow through with it when being told to in a game of ToS! /s

The only surefire way to protect yourself from the slippery nomenclature that defines the rules is to not play ranked basically, either that or be a robot, or be on the trial system yourself that way all the rulings are in deference to you because you're part of a clique the other player isn't. The trial system as is seems like a good way to insulate yourself from punishment in the wrong hands, I think having a numerical system that automatically scores actions by a player (or implement it as part of the reports system) would be better than letting a bunch of pimple-faced friends conspire against certain players they don't like just because they can. Regardless, I think there should be a way to report people for positive things as well. Maybe call it a "commendation" system versus a "report" system to differentiate the two. I think negative reports should count for more, way more, but good things people do over the countless hours they play should be considered as well.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Re: "Honor/Dishonor" or similar system in Ranked

Postby MateoTC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:22 pm

0.0013% using the same numbers. So you're perfect 100% of the time, is what you're suggesting. At least more than 99.9987% perfect? Good to know Krize. Good to know.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby MateoTC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:33 pm

So you're perfect. Got it.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Basically the idea is, however you do it, I want for people's entire account history to be taken into account when deciding whether you're going to suspend or especially ban someone.

I 100% LOVE THIS IDEA!

Simply because some reports doesn't make it in a timely manner to jurors to be voted on and punished by Judges if it's deserving!

Let's use OP's(MateoTC) report history as an example of what would happen if we took in a player account history to determine if they should be suspended or banned.

I looked specifically at Hate Speech/Harassment's reports only.

OP's recent report which earned him his 3 day suspensions

Telling another player to kill themselves

Report #1406926

Image #1(Telling someone to kill themselves)

Image #2(Telling someone to kill themselves again+insults)

Report #2166083

Image #1(Calling someone a faggot. Clear homophobic slur)

Image #2(Telling someone to kill themselves yet again)

Report #1266243

Image #1(Calling someone a faggot, clear homophobic slur)

Image #2(Same thing as above screenshot)

So OP if your suggestion was implemented and given your account history of just 3 reports out of the 42 reports on your account, you have multiple games where you tell players to kill themselves and call others faggots your account would be suspended much longer than the 3 days it currently is, hell it would probably be permanently banned for the homophobic slurs alone!
Last edited by Shyyster on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MateoTC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 pm

I own all of the above things, this isn't my first time being in trouble. Most of those are all old, and I specifically have said in my appeals posts especially in the past year or so that I was trying to turn over a new leaf. Trying. All I am saying is the more games you play, the more likely there is for someone like me who isn't perfect to slip up again. Those comments I had made in the past truly were hate speech, but when I say "KYS" I am not obviously trying to get someone to kill themselves. Also, yeah, thanks. To my point. 42 reports out of how many games, go pull that statistic up, I would but I am suspended right now LOL I am just saying. Play alot = more chances to fuck up. But I do own that most of those old ones are pretty bad. I've also done the fucking time for them, too. I just think it's unfair to say that because you've done a few bad things, that absolutely nothing good you've done should be taken into consideration either. Including that when these things do happen, it's freaking rare. I never mean to actually like in a literal/personal way get to someone, to me it all stems from trash talk and defending myself or feeling as if I need to defend myself. I am not a perfect human being nor would I ever claim to be or utilize the fact that I've never been guiltied on a single report as some way to justify it to myself either. But yeah, that illustrates exactly my point. Thousands of games played over years. YEARS. And 42 reports total? Most of them really old? Out of thousands of games and across years.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

MateoTC wrote:I own all of the above things, this isn't my first time being in trouble. Most of those are all old

The oldest HS/H report I showed was from April 2018. The other 2 were from June 2018 and December 2018, neither of these 2 reports are "old".

Those comments I had made in the past truly were hate speech, but when I say "KYS" I am not obviously trying to get someone to kill themselves.

I already told you that the "I'm just joking!" excuse is a poor excuse and doesn't absolve you of using that sort of insult.

To my point. 42 reports out of how many games, go pull that statistic up, I would but I am suspended right now LOL I am just saying.

I pulled those reports off Discord, doesn't matter if you're suspended or not you can see this information.

As for the statistics, lets do some math.

You have 2729 games played in total and have 42 reports, which means every 114 games you get a report.

I have 1839 games played in total and have 15 reports myself, which means every 122 games I played I get a report.

J0ck has 3277 games played in total and have 28 reports, which means 117 games played he gets a report.

No idea what the average number of games played/reports are, but you get the picture that you earn reports quicker than me and j0ck who you had a problem with previously.

I just think it's unfair to say that because you've done a few bad things, that absolutely nothing good you've done should be taken into consideration either.

What kind of good can a player do on ToS which Judges overlook toxic behavior which I just presented.

But yeah, that illustrates exactly my point. Thousands of games played over years. YEARS. And 42 reports total? Most of them really old? Out of thousands of games and across years.

1. Reports expire after a certain amount of time, that means if you go X months/year without breaking the rules then your punishment tier is reset or lowered. You can check appeals for examples of people being given a second chance or lower punishment because they have old reports which have expired.

2. The current punishment tier system is lenient since you're judged for 1 rule-breaking at a time.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MateoTC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 pm

Thanks, 2729 was the number I needed to make my point.

0.01539% then is the percentage of games I've played where I got reports to the ones where I did not have reports. I don't really get where the whole games to report thing is weighing in your favor as ours are all so similar, if anything it further proves my point as I've not only just been suspended a few times I was even banned at one point where I couldn't play for months. I came back and I came with the intention to do everything in my power to try to stay out of trouble. But I mean my point is that, in spite of other perfect people in the world who are more than happy to tell you that with a smug grin on their face most of us are mortals, but the bare bottom line fact of the matter is 99.98% of the time I stay out of trouble. Now, most people who are truly problem players get eliminated within like 100 or 200 games or who knows how long but I just simply play alot. I play sometimes when I may be too tired to do so, and I am not the kind of person to take being called an idiot, a retard and a loser lying down without getting a little angry. It's literally just as I said, it's like someone spitting lemon juice in your eye over and over and poking you and expecting you not to punch him in the face after a while. Is it right? No, but I maintain that in this case I was still trying to be on my best behavior to prove to myself as well as others I have changed and to my credit I didn't say anything I regret, I don't think anyone in their right mind would think I was serious about the KYS thing that's just a go to uppercut in Internet speak. I don't wish death particularly suicide on anyone, in fact I have a pretty personal story surrounding suicide, I'd never tell someone I knew who was suicidal that in the same way I'd never recite rap lyrics around black people or something, just in case. But when someone is engaging in a fight with me or trying to put me down in any way it's just not in my DNA to stay quiet I guess. To me it's all just trash talking. I made a promise to everyone not to engage in real hate speech like I did have a history for, admittedly (and I am not proud of it either) and in my mind and this is still the case, I didn't. If I told him to kill himself because he was ________ then sure, but really if anything a hate crime needs a subject that is recognized for being hated. In this case, if this was hate speech then I guess his designation as a target of my hate was being an occasionally loud mouth idiot. Report worthy? No. And I didn't even report him, and from what I understand he didn't report me, someone else did on his behalf. And again we had a game after that and absolutely nothing was said and we didn't target each other or anything, so it wasn't even really harassment either.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 am

I don't wish death particularly suicide on anyone, in fact I have a pretty personal story surrounding suicide, I'd never tell someone I knew who was suicidal

See this is the thing. You don't know whether the other person on the other side of the screen is dealing with suicidal thoughts or depression which makes them wants to consider suicide, so why in the hell would you use that sort of language when you yourself have personal dealt with suicide? You aren't making yourself look better by writing up this giant wall of excuses and poor justifications for being a toxic and bigoted person who has received a second chance of playing ToS and hasn't shown to change his ways.

If I told him to kill himself because he was ________ then sure, but really if anything a hate crime needs a subject that is recognized for being hated. In this case

HARASSMENT
HARASSMENT
HARASSMENT

Get off the whole "Me telling others to kill themselves isn't hate speech" line of thought. Nobody is saying what you did was hate speech, I'm telling you what you did was HARASSMENT HARASSMENT HARASSMENT which you conveniently are ignoring.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MateoTC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:12 am

If it was harassment, I would've been targeting him in the next game. I get it, you don't like me, I don't like you, you think you're better than other people because you're on the trial board, blah blah blah. You're exactly the problem with such a system.

I'm not a bigoted person, in spite of the things I have said those 42 (not even, cause that's not the entirety of my reports either) times. I don't like that I said those things, no, but I know in my heart of hearts I didn't mean it, whether you believe me or not I legitimately do not give a fuck. I don't. It's sad we can't be cool but at the end of the day it doesn't effect my life whatsoever other than that you have this presumed position of Godlike status because you work for free for BMG LOL

You don't know the definitions of harassment then, or hate speech. Let me illuminate this issue for everyone here, see, in spite of BMG's altered almost nazi-like blanket statement that defines THEIR version of "hate speech" and "harassment", the rest of the world at large defines those things as such:

ha·rass·ment
/həˈrasmənt,ˈherəsmənt/Submit
noun
aggressive pressure or intimidation.

hate speech
noun
abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 am

I will repeat what I wrote earlier since you ignored it.

See this is the thing. You don't know whether the other person on the other side of the screen is dealing with suicidal thoughts or depression which makes them wants to consider suicide, so why in the hell would you use that sort of language when you yourself have personal dealt with suicide? You aren't making yourself look better by writing up this giant wall of excuses and poor justifications for being a toxic and bigoted person who has received a second chance of playing ToS and hasn't shown to change his ways.

Stop making excuses for your actions, you're showing exactly why Judges shouldn't give out second chances to people who show such bigotry in the game no matter how much time passes.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MateoTC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:27 am

Except I haven't said anything bigoted, NOT ONE THING, since being given the second chance. "KYS" isn't bigoted, it's rude maybe, but it's not bigoted. Let me define that one for you all as well.

big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/Submit
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Well, except by that definition I guess I am bigoted towards YOU LOL. We all know what bigotry really means, and unless you mean I have bigotry since the 2nd chance towards anyone but stupid people, you're lying or incorrect.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:29 am

MateoTC wrote:Except I haven't said anything bigoted, NOT ONE THING, since being given the second chance. "KYS" isn't bigoted, it's rude maybe, but it's not bigoted. Let me define that one for you all as well.

big·ot·ry
/ˈbiɡətrē/Submit
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Well, except by that definition I guess I am bigoted towards YOU LOL. We all know what bigotry really means, and unless you mean I have bigotry since the 2nd chance towards anyone but stupid people, you're lying or incorrect.

You calling others faggot is bigoted, dumbass.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MateoTC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:33 am

Yeah, but you were saying how people shouldn't be given second chances. Bigoted once, bigoted forever, except I haven't said anything bigoted ONCE since being given said second chance. So ... no, I have actually done pretty well since then and I have been trying my best to keep it that way. What I did to get this three day doesn't fall under traditional definitions of hate speech or harassment, even if you try to say "well you just hate him because he was being mean to you!" that's not even close to coming close to the world at large's definition of bigotry.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Shyyster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 am

MateoTC wrote: except I haven't said anything bigoted ONCE since being given said second chance.

Turdpile granted your appeal back in November 1, 2018.

You have a report dated Dec. 26th, 2018 with you insulting a player by calling them a faggot.

You obviously didn't learn your lesson, and shouldn't had been given a second chance.

Consider this my final reply towards you.
TRIAL GANG GANG MEMBER
Shyyster
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby MateoTC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 am

So only one instance, and my God do you have no time whatsoever? You've literally combed through the entire drawer of my reports, so I will give you the one. I don't remember saying it though, again, maybe I shouldn't play when tired as much. But beyond that I've not said anything else since being unbanned in October, and beyond that I mean that guy in that particular game was getting offended and reporting several people. Some people just love to hide behind the ability to tell on people no matter what. I dunno. I am just glad the actual justice system doesn't utilize the rules you do, it's a nice cozy little bubble all things aside ... except for the fact that you all got hacked and they didn't really do much to warn anyone, so change your passwords if you haven't already ... but beyond that it's just a nice safe cozy little SJW bubbble.

I honestly don't use hateful terms in the literal sense of the word, and when playing your game I try to respect that you all don't like the word. But believe me, I have nothing against gay people. I have something against annoying people in general, including you, but that doesn't mean I hate you. And if I told you to go KYS, I don't mean I want you to go KYS. And I am really sorry if you're that emotional fragile that my words and my words alone could move you to do such a thing. I think it's just ironic af that this game allows a vast majority of preteen players and people who are children otherwise to use just about every curse word imaginable but there's an invisible list of words that you probably mostly liberal leaning asses particularly don't like. This game invigorates a level of competitiveness in me that I don't get from other games and frankly as long as people are going to talk shit to me, I am going to talk shit to them. I am trying to temper that speech to fit your ridiculous ideals but the idea that any of it, ANY of it comes from a legitimate place of hatred is false.

I don't hate anybody for being a different race or for liking the same sex or any of that shit, legitimately I do not care. What I do hate is losing. That's all. And after the game is over I go roll another one and I don't ever bring ill feeling from previous games into the next ones ever. Some people do, I don't. I'm just saying, the more games you play, the more likely you are invariably to end up making a mistake here or there, no matter how hard you try, unless you're a perfect person like the guy/girl above (don't wanna offend anyone! /s) and yet all it takes is 4 strikes for a permaban. And I had a total of 42 out of 2,270+ or whatever that I had, that's all it takes at any one time. No wonder there's not more people playing you keep banning them all most likely LOL it's absolutely unforgiving unless you live in this utopian liberal fantasy fairytale land where you can say everything offensive under the sun including calling people retarded but you better not call them gay! Jesus fucking Christ, anyway nice talking to you! Thanks for giving me the number I needed to arrive at my number:

99.98% games without incident. those 0.02 though will get ya banned! Super fair
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Bodhrak » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:38 am

MateoTC wrote:99.98% games without incident. those 0.02 though will get ya banned! Super fair

Absolutely.
Your argument is like saying:
I went to the bank hundreds of times without any incident and then once I tried to rob them. And now I'm facing charges. I don't even remember doing that! That's super unfair!

It's no argument at all.

And looking at that last report alone I can tell you are a very toxic player that blames others, intentionally circumvents the chat filter and doesn't even understand the report system.
It doesn't matter if one players reports "everyone", reports are only generated if at least 2 players report the same player.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby MateoTC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:52 am

So you're going to compare getting a report in this game to robbing a bank. "Using hate speech". "Not understanding the report system". I didn't understand playing this game was equal to robbing a bank, anyway no I think you're all a bunch of over-sensitive twats TBH but I will keep it squeaky deeky clean going forward. Game allows cursing -- but only certain types of cursing and it better not be against any minority group of any kind OR people mobbed up with the trial system. Or considered of the same severity, even using the age-old "KYS" in the context of what's clearly a fight. I did not mean it, obviously, the guy was way too livid and self-righteous about the entire thing for him to have any hint of a suicidal person. He just was convinced that I was the reason he got lynched, even though I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for the way that game went down the way it did.

Oh, by the way, again people regardless of what you do reset your passwords. BMG or their legion of unpaid minions didn't really do the greatest job about it but their shit got hacked and if you use the same password a lot of places, you might consider changing everything from your Gmail account to the bank account you use online -- not because I am going to rob it one of these days (what a dumb fucking analogy btw) but because hackers now have it in a dump waiting to be cracked. They give you popups for everything else, every little glitch hiccup or fart but they don't give you one on login warning you about what happened or to change your passwords etc? And forget about the people who have long forgotten this game.

It's not that I forgot what I did, either, by the way, I know what I am charged with I just disagree with the fact that it was hate speech. If that's hate speech then so is saying the word retarded which is thrown around every game, just as it was thrown at me or something similar to it on the day of the incident in question.

So you're going to base your opinion of me on one report. Got it. That's fine, that's just you admitting you're an ignorant fuck, I guess. Please, we're not banking here, thank God as BMG apparently is running such a shitty operation they require free help and they also use antiquated, trashy forums which are completely vulnerable to security threats as we've seen. A game which apparently caters to literal 12 year olds and thereabouts who are permitted to drop the f bomb with impunity but adheres to every SJW ideal there is.

In my case though I didn't start it, if this was the real world both people involved in the fight would be arrested but apparently he has nude photos of TurdPile or something and only I am getting punished for it yet again.

"That's like doing your banking for all your life then going to it and robbing it one day and acting like it's OK because of it" (to paraphrase). That's what you call a straw man argument, ladies and gentlemen. Apples and oranges.
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Bodhrak » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:21 am

MateoTC wrote:So you're going to compare getting a report in this game to robbing a bank. "Using hate speech". "Not understanding the report system". I didn't understand playing this game was equal to robbing a bank

I am not comparing the report or game, I am comparing your argument.
And the comparison still stands. No amount of "good" or "neutral" interactions are an argument to nullify an interaction that is against the rules.

Or considered of the same severity, even using the age-old "KYS" in the context of what's clearly a fight.

If that was a fight the other person stayed rational and you were the one going on and on with racial slurs and personal attacks.

You're not making your case here better by rambling about BMGs policies and mistakes or calling everyone that doesn't agree with you a SJW.
There simply are rules, either you act by those rules or you walk away from this game. Your choice.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby MateoTC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:43 am

Maybe in your opinion it does, but we're comparing a really serious action (robbing a bank) with saying "KYS" in the context of an Internet video game argument, or even homophobic slurs moreso in the past. Anything. One involves a really violent event that involves taking money from people by force, another thing usually involves rubbing an edgy nerd the wrong way in the context of a fucking video game.

I do think it's odd that I am the only one being punished even though he is the one who picked the fight with me, but again this isn't the first time they've played favorites.

No, believe me, this game is run by SJWs and those who flock to their defense gang-land style. LOL it doesn't change my position on it nor does it change the fact that BMG let seven million people's private information slip into the hands of people who didn't even have to know what they were doing apparently then trying to brush it under the rug like it never happened. You're all so fucking sensitive you can ban me at this point for all I care for good, not like you won't be looking for any reason not to going forward just anyway, but I had to change my email password and a few other major account passwords just because BMG still uses fucking phpBB and apparently they insisted on having no security measures in place, as the glorious TurdPile said in the now infamous Reddit post that pissed more people off than me.

No, I am not happy about that. So I can ramble about it here, I can ramble about it there, I can do whatever the fuck I want. Anyway, Jockstrap was angry with me for irrational reasons and picked the fight with me. He was calling me every name for "stupid" you can possibly think of and blaming his death on me, and only me, even though it was D2 and NO TOWNIES HAD DIED YET. It was all pinned on me me me me me and it was all my fault, I tried defending myself and he kept fucking twisting the knife in my stomach so ultimately I lashed back out at him. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. I don't think it does, but it doesn't fucking matter what I think and nobody is going to support me because this is a very small pond I guess with a bunch of even smaller people involved in it. Thinking you're running the world's best safe space while it seems like I am being systematically targeted, I got reported and suspended within 24 hours.

So fuck you all, I don't plan on quitting anytime soon :) 36 hours or so to go. So I am not even trying to appeal the damn thing anymore but no I very well might talk to an attorney about what my rights are when a company mishandles my personal information the way they did, I may even go outside of this forum cause God knows how unsafe it already is and organize something class action especially if people end up losing their email accounts or otherwise as a result. If not, it's just the principle. How lazy and poor are they to use fucking phpBB for a game they are now beginning to charge money for LOL
MateoTC
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:24 am

MateoTC wrote:Maybe in your opinion it does, but we're comparing a really serious action (robbing a bank) with saying "KYS" in the context of an Internet video game argument, or even homophobic slurs moreso in the past. Anything. One involves a really violent event that involves taking money from people by force, another thing usually involves rubbing an edgy nerd the wrong way in the context of a fucking video game.

I do think it's odd that I am the only one being punished even though he is the one who picked the fight with me, but again this isn't the first time they've played favorites.

No, believe me, this game is run by SJWs and those who flock to their defense gang-land style. LOL it doesn't change my position on it nor does it change the fact that BMG let seven million people's private information slip into the hands of people who didn't even have to know what they were doing apparently then trying to brush it under the rug like it never happened. You're all so fucking sensitive you can ban me at this point for all I care for good, not like you won't be looking for any reason not to going forward just anyway, but I had to change my email password and a few other major account passwords just because BMG still uses fucking phpBB and apparently they insisted on having no security measures in place, as the glorious TurdPile said in the now infamous Reddit post that pissed more people off than me.

No, I am not happy about that. So I can ramble about it here, I can ramble about it there, I can do whatever the fuck I want. Anyway, Jockstrap was angry with me for irrational reasons and picked the fight with me. He was calling me every name for "stupid" you can possibly think of and blaming his death on me, and only me, even though it was D2 and NO TOWNIES HAD DIED YET. It was all pinned on me me me me me and it was all my fault, I tried defending myself and he kept fucking twisting the knife in my stomach so ultimately I lashed back out at him. If that makes me a bad person then so be it. I don't think it does, but it doesn't fucking matter what I think and nobody is going to support me because this is a very small pond I guess with a bunch of even smaller people involved in it. Thinking you're running the world's best safe space while it seems like I am being systematically targeted, I got reported and suspended within 24 hours.

So fuck you all, I don't plan on quitting anytime soon :) 36 hours or so to go. So I am not even trying to appeal the damn thing anymore but no I very well might talk to an attorney about what my rights are when a company mishandles my personal information the way they did, I may even go outside of this forum cause God knows how unsafe it already is and organize something class action especially if people end up losing their email accounts or otherwise as a result. If not, it's just the principle. How lazy and poor are they to use fucking phpBB for a game they are now beginning to charge money for LOL

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if nothing illegal happened, you can't really press charges, that's not how the world works.

Second: Even if someone else starts an argument, two wrongs don't make a right and while having an argument is perfectly okay, it is NOT okay to start telling people to kill themselves. He called you out for a missplay and calls you a scrub once, you then immediately get triggered and call him every name under the sun (which is technically still fine, since it's filtered) and then you break the rules by telling him "Kill yourself IRL". An honor system won't work because no honorable person would EVER, under any circumstance say that, let alone over a game.

You're trying every excuse you can think of to get out of the suspension ("but the other guy...!", "but I didn't mean it like that!", "I bet the other one is friends with someone in power") and now you're on the losing end of an argument, you start doing the same thing, lashing out at other people.

Take some friendly advice and clean up your act. Stop trying to bully your way into feeling righteous. The rules are the same for everyone, and if you break them, no matter how many games you've played, you get punished. Amount of games played, in my opinion, has nothing to do with hatespeech or harassment. Now if you'd say gamethrowing, yeah maybe, there might be semi-new people out there who unknowingly break the rules, but for HS/H.. There's no grey area, you either blatantly break the rules or not.

If you want to know, specifically, why you got punished and not him: He called you a scrub (that's literally the worst thing he called you) and you told him "please kill yourself IRL".
Now to quote from the rules guide (point 7 under Hatespeech/Harassment):
Inciting suicide IRL or threatening to kill someone IRL. This includes telling people to die in a way that cannot be done in-game. (examples: “drink bleach,” “slit your wrists”, saying “kys” is NOT hs/h).

Since you specified "IRL", you broke the rules.

If you wanna read up on the rules, so you won't get suspended again, I suggest checking http://bit.do/ToS-Rules.

I also highly suggest checking out the "do's and don't's" when appealing.

Saying things like "This game is run by SJWs and those who flock to their defense gang-land style" isn't helpful to your case. Thinking you are being "systematically targeted" is also not helping your situation. HS/H reports always show up first and always take precedent on the "report players" forum, as well as for judges if they get pointed in the direction of HS/H reports. Trust me when I say you're no special case and you're no exception.

Maybe you should take your suspension time and reflect on the things that happened. Look at them with a clear and unbiased view and ask yourself: "Did I really need to let it get this far?" I think maybe you will find that time spent to be more valuable and worthwhile than lashing out and staying in an overall "angry" state of mind.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Flavorable wrote: no honorable person would EVER, under any circumstance say that, let alone over a game.

A guy intentionally tried to run me over with a car so I yelled that he should kill himself. Am I dishonorable?

Yes
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Flavorable wrote: no honorable person would EVER, under any circumstance say that, let alone over a game.

A guy intentionally tried to run me over with a car so I yelled that he should kill himself. Am I dishonorable?

Yes

Are you being sarcastic?

No

I don't think being dishonorable puts you in the wrong, per se, but it is a dishonorable thing to say
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

Yes

Are you being sarcastic?

No

I don't think being dishonorable puts you in the wrong, per se, but it is a dishonorable thing to say

A man I had never met or seen before (I'm not even sure if it was a man or a woman, tbh) attempted to kill me - they saw me in the streets and still went forward. You need to reconsider your values.

oh

i should stop talking
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?

Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Ben4lyfe » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Kirize12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
Chemist1422 wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

Yes

Are you being sarcastic?

No

A man I had never met or seen before (I'm not even sure if it was a man or a woman, tbh) attempted to kill me - they saw me in the streets and still went forward. You need to reconsider your values.

Lordy that went from 0-100 in 2 sentences.
toz means fart in Arabic.

Just thought everyone should know.
Ben4lyfe
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Flavorable » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Let's keep this on topic, shall we?
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Suggestions