Monthly Coven Day

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Monthly Coven Day

Postby Purple998 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:56 am

My idea is... a monthly coven day!

Rules and Requirements:

-You need to have a elo higher than 1600 (sorry I messed up when I said 2800)
-f2p will play with f2p people, meaning that you wont get paired up with people that bought the coven (Subject to change)
-You would have to "Pay" 4000 merit points to join
-If you get a guilty report here, you will get your account banned for a week.
- You would only be able to play on coven every month. (Every 7th, cuz its my fav number xd)

Edit:
#1: lowered the elo requirement
Last edited by Purple998 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Who needs a "GF", when you have your own hands? -Mafioso

If you read this yu gai xd
Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Free coven day

Postby dyaomaster » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:14 am

2800 seems harsh. I'd give it maybe something lower like 1800. (I'm at 1400 so whatever.)
The payment option also seems a bit much. Maybe unlock it at some low ELO at high price, then decrease it as ELO goes up?
Support the harsh punishment system.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Purple998 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 am

dyaomaster wrote:2800 seems harsh. I'd give it maybe something lower like 1800. (I'm at 1400 so whatever.)
The payment option also seems a bit much. Maybe unlock it at some low ELO at high price, then decrease it as ELO goes up?
Support the harsh punishment system.

Thanks for feedback!

How much do you think they should pay and how much elo do you think they need to have?

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 am

I just think a free weekend every month or so should be fine, there shouldn't be any extreme requirement. I'd just let anyone play on those days, but make them uncommon enough to make those who want more have to pay.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society

Riskka#1854
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 pm

We might do free weekends at some point in the future but it wouldn't be a super regular occurrence.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Shilster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:26 am

Purple998 wrote:-You need to have a elo higher than 2800

If I didn't own Coven I would've /nosupported this to the moon. That's too high.
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Purple998 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Shilster wrote:

If I didn't own Coven I would've /nosupported this to the moon. That's too high.

It isn't that bad :/

Im almost on 3000 after a 2 weeks of playing ranked

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby WittyRecluse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Purple998 wrote:
Shilster wrote:

No you aren’t, you’re 1843.

Nobody in the game has 3000 elo. Nobody who didn’t abuse the leaving bug has over 2100 or 2200 elo.
WittyRecluse
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Purple998 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:30 pm

WittyRecluse wrote:
Purple998 wrote:
Shilster wrote:

No you aren’t, you’re 1843.

Nobody in the game has 3000 elo. Nobody who didn’t abuse the leaving bug has over 2100 or 2200 elo.

Shit, I'm so dumb, I should lower the Elo requirement by a thousand then

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Stiersquid » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:20 pm

I don't think that getting a coven trail should be dependent on ranked elo since it will force people who don't won't to play ranked to play it but outside of that i fully support this idea.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby joefischerxxx » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:34 pm

ya this would be cool
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77379
Fortune Teller (formerly known as the Weather Man)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80478
Phantom
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=78593
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 am

It shouldn't rely on Ranked, considering Coven Ranked is more dead than the rest of it. You get people into the Ranked mindset just to get a trial of Coven - which limits the number of people testing Coven since not everyone will want to grind Ranked, thus limiting the number of potential buyers - and makes people confused when Ranked is slow and empty, which makes them waste their time on that and upsets them rather than just letting them go play whatever they want to get into Coven, which lends the attitude that Coven is for everyone and anyone, not just the Ranked players. They'll also assume Coven is supposed to be more competitive, considering only competitive players - Ranked players - can get into Coven for a free trial - which again limits potential buyers, whereas the trials are meant to boost sales - which is untrue, many people I've met consider Coven to be less balanced than Classic which means those competitive players may not enjoy it as much, since it can come down to a swingy role or a bout of Pirate luck that makes them lose instead of just not having the skill.

Basically, Coven trial events and the like shouldn't be based on something like ELO, since there's more to Coven than Ranked. I believe Shape has let on that Coven trials may be for Steam players only? If that's the case, it's still far better than judging by ELO - it allows those who have demonstrated that they're willing to pay money for ToS to get a taste of Coven, while those who are content with playing free don't since they could be less willing to pay for Coven.

Riskka#1854
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Purple998 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:24 am

HereThereEverywhere wrote:It shouldn't rely on Ranked, considering Coven Ranked is more dead than the rest of it. You get people into the Ranked mindset just to get a trial of Coven - which limits the number of people testing Coven since not everyone will want to grind Ranked, thus limiting the number of potential buyers - and makes people confused when Ranked is slow and empty, which makes them waste their time on that and upsets them rather than just letting them go play whatever they want to get into Coven, which lends the attitude that Coven is for everyone and anyone, not just the Ranked players. They'll also assume Coven is supposed to be more competitive, considering only competitive players - Ranked players - can get into Coven for a free trial - which again limits potential buyers, whereas the trials are meant to boost sales - which is untrue, many people I've met consider Coven to be less balanced than Classic which means those competitive players may not enjoy it as much, since it can come down to a swingy role or a bout of Pirate luck that makes them lose instead of just not having the skill.

Basically, Coven trial events and the like shouldn't be based on something like ELO, since there's more to Coven than Ranked. I believe Shape has let on that Coven trials may be for Steam players only? If that's the case, it's still far better than judging by ELO - it allows those who have demonstrated that they're willing to pay money for ToS to get a taste of Coven, while those who are content with playing free don't since they could be less willing to pay for Coven.

The reason I think the elo is important is because that way we would have less trolls. (TYLER, MOONMAN, ETC...)

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:27 am

The thing about Coven is that trolls who get banned aren't going to come back unless they spend like ten bucks to get into Coven. So let a few trolls spoil the fun on the free days, if it requires Steam then there wont be as many, and those who do buy Coven and get banned are gonna have to buy it again just to bother Coven players, and if they do then they're just paying BMG to be a troll and are still gonna get banned again.

Riskka#1854
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:07 pm

I think they should do this but not once a week (Maybe once a month). This gives players a Trial of coven see if they enjoy it (But not get to just play without pay), and hey maybe coven players can get into a custom game finally even if it's once a month
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Purple998 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Made some changes to the OP

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Purple998 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Lyynxx wrote:i'm okay with this except the elo part. elo is still an unfair system that isn't fit for tos (though it's the best we can get probably) and coven isn't just ranked. it's unfair for people who don't play ranked and let's not forget coven is not just ranked

Thing is... We need a way to not let trolls in, if we don't use elo as our weapon, the trolls would ruin the player's experience.

I could lower it, any suggestions?

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Maybe just they have to have been in 100 games that will lead to less trolls some people don't enjoy ranked (Play all any? eww)
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby JamesD28 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 pm

If you have to have a minimum ELO and pay 4000 MP then technically it's not "free".

A free Coven day for everyone at the end/start of each Ranked season would be reasonable.

I can't find my FM record
You probably don't care anyway
JamesD28
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIV] Winner

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 pm

I think two Coven days per each Ranked season might be a bit too spaced out, though anything is better than nothing.

Riskka#1854
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Purple998 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:51 pm

JamesD28 wrote:If you have to have a minimum ELO and pay 4000 MP then technically it's not "free".

A free Coven day for everyone at the end/start of each Ranked season would be reasonable.

Well, that makes sense... let me change the title...

Purple998
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Suggestions