Disable pre-game chat in Custom mode

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Disable pre-game chat in Custom mode

Postby tinygirlct » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:11 pm

It's just disgusting and toxic. If a host doesn't pick the exact roles people want, they scream and cry and throw a fit and absolutely berate the host. If people don't like the roles that are being chosen, they can leave the lobby, make their own, or /repick. There's no need to be cruel and/or spam the chat with whining. If pre-game chat is disabled, the host can pick roles in peace. If they take too long or pick roles that the lobby members don't like, there's always /repick and the leave lobby button. But please just don't let people talk before Custom games. It's horrific.

This is a pretty typical example.
tinygirlct

Re: Disable pre-game chat in Custom mode

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:31 pm

I just think repicking shouldn't be a thing. If anything, you should be able to view Custom lobbies before you get put into one, so you can see the rolelist and join that way. If a host wants a certain rolelist, they should be able to have it. If you don't like it, leave. Simple and easy.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby tinygirlct » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:52 pm

I think /repick helps make sure players will stay in lobbies instead of just leaving to create their own, because it gives them some say in the roles that are chosen. If everyone wants to host a custom game and no one wants to play in someone else's lobby, custom wouldn't work that well. It's already difficult to get players to stay in a lobby in custom mode and I feel like that'd only get worse if they removed the /repick option. And of course you've got troll hosts who just fill a whole rolelist with arsonists. There's gotta be some way of booting them without having to leave and rejoin 7 times before you get placed in a different lobby (which happens a lot).
tinygirlct

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:53 pm

tinygirlct wrote:I think /repick helps make sure players will stay in lobbies instead of just leaving to create their own, because it gives them some say in the roles that are chosen. If everyone wants to host a custom game and no one wants to play in someone else's lobby, custom wouldn't work that well. It's already difficult to get players to stay in a lobby in custom mode and I feel like that'd only get worse if they removed the /repick option. And of course you've got troll hosts who just fill a whole rolelist with arsonists. There's gotta be some way of booting them without having to leave and rejoin 7 times before you get placed in a different lobby (which happens a lot).

My suggestion is that players should be able to create custom lobbies. They could be private or public. If they are private, no one would be able to join them except the party that created it. Creating a private lobby would be free, but in order to create a public lobby you would need a "lobby key". Lobby keys would cost some MP (you could also gain a free one after 10 custom games).
Instead of joining a random lobby, if someone decided to play custom, a list of all the public lobbies would be displayed, showing the rolelist and the amount of players there. Then the player could choose a lobby to join. But in order to create one and become the host, he would have to use a key. If there are less than 3 public lobbies, creating one would be free. Also, repicking an host should be impossible and no one would be able to join a lobby once they left it twice. That's my suggestion, what do you think?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby tinygirlct » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Joacgroso wrote:My suggestion is that players should be able to create custom lobbies. They could be private or public. If they are private, no one would be able to join them except the party that created it. Creating a private lobby would be free, but in order to create a public lobby you would need a "lobby key". Lobby keys would cost some MP (you could also gain a free one after 10 custom games).
Instead of joining a random lobby, if someone decided to play custom, a list of all the public lobbies would be displayed, showing the rolelist and the amount of players there. Then the player could choose a lobby to join. But in order to create one and become the host, he would have to use a key. If there are less than 3 public lobbies, creating one would be free. Also, repicking an host should be impossible and no one would be able to join a lobby once they left it twice. That's my suggestion, what do you think?

I think this is brilliant. Might be a bit difficult to implement, but if keys are purchasable as you suggest, it could go towards making the game some extra money--and we all know the devs will be into ideas like that. Make a separate post and put it in this forum! Feel free to quote my frustration with custom lobbies as they are, lol
tinygirlct

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:47 pm

tinygirlct wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:My suggestion is that players should be able to create custom lobbies. They could be private or public. If they are private, no one would be able to join them except the party that created it. Creating a private lobby would be free, but in order to create a public lobby you would need a "lobby key". Lobby keys would cost some MP (you could also gain a free one after 10 custom games).

I think this is brilliant. Might be a bit difficult to implement, but if keys are purchasable as you suggest, it could go towards making the game some extra money--and we all know the devs will be into ideas like that. Make a separate post and put it in this forum! Feel free to quote my frustration with custom lobbies as they are, lol

I have suggested this several times, but I think I have never made a post about it, so why not? I just hope it doesn't get ignored.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Myersvandalay » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Yeah I also second that lobbies, should be, well like a list of rooms to join, rather than a general you get slapped into one, if you dont' like it you overturn the leader. Instead there should be 4 or 5 possible lobbies, the people who want a game of style X can join that style of game, people who want style Y can join that one. If role list X is super popular and most people want that, the game goes out, if someone wants to be able to wait a half an hour for people who like his unusual role list, he should be allowed to wait a half an hour for enough people to join that list, without holding up everyone who wants a more mainstream role list.
Myersvandalay
Disguiser
Disguiser

Return to Suggestions