Achievement rework.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Should this be added? (this is a petition)

Yes
84%
Yes
16%

Total votes : 162

Re: Achievement rework. (Added petition, please vote)

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:34 am

So I have some more ideas for achievements

Applies to all evil factions (except for town and nb): Win a game "and survive" (this could be optional) without never being put on a trial (loop) - Never suspected
Applies to all factions that can talk with each other at night (Mafia, Coven, Vampire): Talk at least once every night while you are still alive (encourages people to not go afk and talk more) (loop) - Sharing my thoughts / Discussing plans / Just a quick little chat
Applies to all roles that can be remembered by an amnesiac: Have an amnesiac remember that they were you (loop) - My legacy lives on
Godfather: Win a game without having to kill yourself (this would encourage to keep your mafioso alive and not send him to bg / vet on purpose) (loop) - Clean hands
Mafioso: Kill at least 4 / 5 (decide which would be more fair) town members under your Godfather's command - Let me handle it. / Getting desperate?
Janitor: Win a game by successfully cleaning 3 people (loop) - You'll never know who they were.
Janitor: Clean the Retributionist before they were able to revive someone - Nice try.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:52 am

I also think that ALL ACHIEVEMENTS should have a loop system. That you would able to get every achievement for infinite times. Every time you would complete the standards to achieving this achievement you would get 50% of the points that you would normally get from it. You would only need to unlock every achievement 1 to get the bigger rewards for completing achievements.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jackparrot » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 am

A few others:
Fatal showdown: have a vetran kill a were wolf that targeted him
(also achieveable with medusa/vet and medusa/werewolf)
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks you for the suggestions again! Also, I made a small change to the post (removed "have a jailor try to execute you" for Pestilence).
Jackparrot wrote:(Need name) as PBer infect doc
Also the reason i sugested the invest and consig one is because lore wise consig and invest go together

I get it's an irony, but I don't see why the plaguebearer would want to infect a doctor. Infecting transporters is better. Maybe I should add that.
About the invest achievement, it fits lorewise, but gameplay-wise isn't needed, IMO. I would like to know what other people think about it. If they say it's good, I'll add it.

BasicFourLife wrote:So I have some more ideas for achievements

Applies to all evil factions (except for town and nb): Win a game "and survive" (this could be optional) without never being put on a trial (loop) - Never suspected Great idea!
Applies to all factions that can talk with each other at night (Mafia, Coven, Vampire): Talk at least once every night while you are still alive (encourages people to not go afk and talk more) (loop) - Sharing my thoughts / Discussing plans / Just a quick little chat ok, but I should add "at least 4 nights". Otherwise, people could get the achievement for saying "hi" in the mafia chat and dying in N1.
Also, players could just say "asdfg" each night in order to get it.

Applies to all roles that can be remembered by an amnesiac: Have an amnesiac remember that they were you (loop) - My legacy lives on I'm not sure about this one. This encourages players to die so an amne can remember their role.
Godfather: Win a game without having to kill yourself (this would encourage to keep your mafioso alive and not send him to bg / vet on purpose) (loop) - Clean hands We already have "win with you and your mafioso still alive". Also, this achievement would be luck-based, since the mafioso could be randomly roleblocked/jailed for reasons out of your control.
Mafioso: Kill at least 4 / 5 (decide which would be more fair) town members under your Godfather's command - Let me handle it. / Getting desperate? Sounds good
Janitor: Win a game by successfully cleaning 3 people (loop) - You'll never know who they were. I can't believe I forgot to add this. I thought it already existed. I'll add it.
Janitor: Clean the Retributionist before they were able to revive someone - Nice try. I'm not sure about this one. Why would the mafia want to clean a retri before he revives someone? If he isn't confirmed town, he won't have any leads.

BasicFourLife wrote:I also think that ALL ACHIEVEMENTS should have a loop system. That you would able to get every achievement for infinite times. Every time you would complete the standards to achieving this achievement you would get 50% of the points that you would normally get from it. You would only need to unlock every achievement 1 to get the bigger rewards for completing achievements.

This is a great idea. The only problem could be the easily achieved achievements, but since you said they will give you 50% less MP each time you get them, it's good. Maybe they could have a little cooldown. I will qoute this in the post.

Jackparrot wrote:A few others:
Fatal showdown: have a vetran kill a were wolf that targeted him
(also achieveable with medusa/vet and medusa/werewolf)

I don't understand this one. Is this an achievement for the veteran, the ww, the town, or for every player? The WW shouldn't be encouraged to die to a veteran, BTW.

Thanks you very much for the suggestions! :D
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:02 am

Edited the post to add that.
Also, with so many loop achievements, maybe the rewards for winning a game or getting an achievement should be lower. What do you think about that?

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:59 am

You should add all the achievements in the post that you have DECIDED NOT TO REMOVE as it creates confusion. And could you put General achievements and Role specific achievements into different spoilers (you could even put town / mafia / coven / neutrals into diff spoilers) and some more ideas.

Change the Jailor achievement "save a person from being attacked at night" to "save a town member from being attacked at night" since the first version of it promotes gamethrowing. Also in 1 of the spy achievements you wrote he's "inmortal," isn't it supposed to be "immortal"
Tracker: See somebody visit the revealed mayor at night. - What are you up to?
Pirate: Win by every attack once at least - Master of all.

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:00 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:You should add all the achievements in the post that you have DECIDED NOT TO REMOVE as it creates confusion. Are you sure? I wrote that the achievements should stay unless I write they should be removed. But maybe I should change that later. And could you put General achievements and Role specific achievements into different spoilers (you could even put town / mafia / coven / neutrals into diff spoilers) and some more ideas. I guess...

Change the Jailor achievement "save a person from being attacked at night" to "save a town member from being attacked at night" since the first version of it promotes gamethrowing. My bad Also in 1 of the spy achievements you wrote he's "inmortal," isn't it supposed to be "immortal" My bad. I didn't know that. I messed up because it's written "inmortal" in spanish.
Tracker: See somebody visit the revealed mayor at night. - What are you up to? Good idea
Pirate: Win by every attack once at least - Master of all. Do you mean in a single game?

Spoiler: Yay! 1300th post!! I'm a forger now!!! :D

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Joacgroso wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Pirate: Win by every attack once at least - Master of all. Do you mean in a single game?

Yes I forgot to mention it

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Shilster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:19 am

BasicFourLife wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Pirate: Win by every attack once at least - Master of all. Do you mean in a single game?

So, even more lucked-based achievements
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:46 am

Shilster wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

Everything about pirates is luck-based.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Shilster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:07 am

Joacgroso wrote:
Shilster wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

Why would you add more?
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:33 am

Shilster wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
Shilster wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

Why would you add more?

idk

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:04 am

another one: Town of Salem vet: have at least three thousand games played and your account is 3 yrs+
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:24 am

I've just edited the post to add some of the things BasicFourLife suggested. Fixed the spy and the jailor achievements. Clarified that I won't include achievements that should stay the same. I also tried to classify the achievements, but it was too hard. So many tags! I don't know why, but some titles were more at the right than others, making it seeem sloppy. Also, the achievements weren't in bold, for some reason. I decided to let it as it is for now, but maybe I will try again later.

Jackparrot wrote:another one: Town of Salem vet: have at least three thousand games played and your account is 3 yrs+

Good idea! I don't think there should be achievements for how old your account is, but achievements for playing lots of game are a great idea. Old accounts should be rewarded with better things than achievements. Things like skins, for example.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 am

But if you could that achievement you would prob get TP/MP
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 am

I've just edited the post to add "have 1000/2000/3000/5000" games played. Do you have any names for them? Also, the reward should be lots of MP, or even TP. The problem is that players with so many games will probably already have all the cosmetics. Maybe a lobby icon would be a good reward for them.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am

Not really. But why shouldn’t you have an achievement for being part of the community for a long time?
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:46 am

Jackparrot wrote:Not really. But why shouldn’t you have an achievement for being part of the community for a long time?

Because veteran members deserve something better than that?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Few ideas, and one thing that has been bugging me could you change the quote you quoted me on. The "1" to once, if you want to js. Just correcting some of the grammar mistakes you've done and etc

Spy: You have written "Watch someone who was visited by 3 players" I am pretty sure you meant Lookout to have it or you meant "Bug someone who got targeted by 3 different targetable visits (I really didn't know how to reword this correctly).
Psychic: One of the achievement's name is - The right vission, you meant it to be "The right vision" right
Janitor: Change the clean a mayor to Clean a unrevealed mayor, cuz there is no reason to clean a revealed mayor.
Mafioso (very situational): Kill the Doctor who has saved you at least once in the game (applies if you kill the doctor the night they save you from death) - Thanks for the help, but... you gotta go now / You made the right choice. / Wow, thanks for the help.
Mayor: Reveal and lynch an evildoer while you are the last townie alive in a 1 v 1 situation - I command you to hang yourself.
Werewolf: Maul the Jailor who was jailing your target that you tried to attack - You'll pay the price instead

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm

What do ya think?

Last command: As Jester, haunt a mayor
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:Few ideas, and one thing that has been bugging me could you change the quote you quoted me on. The "1" to once, if you want to js. Just correcting some of the grammar mistakes you've done and etc. Ok, I will change it.

Spy: You have written "Watch someone who was visited by 3 players" I am pretty sure you meant Lookout to have it or you meant "Bug someone who got targeted by 3 different targetable visits (I really didn't know how to reword this correctly). Ok, I reworded it to "Bug someone who received 3 feedback messages unrelated to his role in one night".
Psychic: One of the achievement's name is - The right vission, you meant it to be "The right vision" right Fixed.
Janitor: Change the clean a mayor to Clean a unrevealed mayor, cuz there is no reason to clean a revealed mayor. Actually, there's no reason to clean an unrevealed mayor. A revealed mayor is supposed to have lots of leads from the jailor, who was lot's of leads from other roles. Also, the main function of mayors is scumreading, so they should be more focused on that. They could notice something that no one else noticed, and cleaning it would be good. And the most important thing: Remember that cleaning a mayor makes the retri unable to revive him.
Mafioso (very situational): Kill the Doctor who has saved you at least once in the game (applies if you kill the doctor the night they save you from death) - Thanks for the help, but... you gotta go now / You made the right choice. / Wow, thanks for the help. As you said, it's very situational. Also, if the doc trusts you enough to heal you, killing him would be a bad idea.
Mayor: Reveal and lynch an evildoer while you are the last townie alive in a 1 v 1 situation - I command you to hang yourself. Please, no! This would encourage mayors not to reveal so they can end in a 1 vs 1 scenario. One of the purposes of this thread is eliminating achievements that encourage gamethrowing.
Werewolf: Maul the Jailor who was jailing your target that you tried to attack - You'll pay the price instead I thought ww's attack would fail because he visited a jailed player.

I've just edited the post in order to correct the typos. But I'm not sure about the achievements you suggested this time.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Jackparrot wrote:What do ya think?

Thanks you, but this one was already suggested. See "Should abstained".

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby DesertStorm11 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Joacgroso wrote:

If “Should Abstained” is the name of that achievement, I would much prefer “Last Command” over the other. It works waaaay better as a name imo.
DesertStorm11
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 pm

DesertStorm11 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:

If “Should Abstained” is the name of that achievement, I would much prefer “Last Command” over the other. It works waaaay better as a name imo.

Ok, I will change it.

edit: done

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby BasicFourLife » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 am

Few thoughts for achievements / names (these may suck)

Witch achievement names: Control a townie into rampage - It'll be fun
Win with a NK - Making new friends. / Helping a minority
Jailor: Win the game while having executed the Godfather and the NK - The weak ones die / May the strongest one survive
Vigilante: Kill an evildoer night 2 - Quick justice

BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions