Whisper System Overhaul

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re: Whisper System Overhaul

Postby YamiChan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

What we really need to do is add a Whisper button beside every player, so people can whisper without typing something out every time.

Gathering claims through whispers doesn't really happen anymore, now that Mayor has lost the ability to whisper and be whispered to. Very rarely, a revived player will try to demand roles be whispered to them, but even then, very few do so or suffer any consequence for refusing, due to the possibility of BMer.

The whole point of the Mayor having a reveal option is that they can immediately prove themselves and have a vote worth three votes, but at the cost of being unable to be saved by one of the two possible TPs. Take that away, and there's little reasons NOT to reveal, so long as the TP is not yet dead. This also makes things harder on the Mafia, who may take the reveal of a Doctor as a chance to kill the Mayor, who is a huge threat to them. Two votes instead of three also severely weakens the role and potentially makes them useless.

Not completely against the idea of the Ret dying to bring back their target, but don't really see why it's necessary. Sometimes, a Ret will try to revive just to increase Town's numbers, but that is rendered pointless if they die. The "disguise" idea just seems kind of pointless and will likely just make games more confusing.

Reducing the Jailor's exes is too severe of a weakness. There are times when a Jailor's exes or a Vig's bullets are the only chance a Town has at victory. Removing their death note is just an annoyance. Jailors generally do not use it to confirm themselves, but to reveal their reason for exeing. Same goes for the Vig, and as the Vig is CHOOSING to shoot a player, why shouldn't they be allowed to leave a death note behind.

It might kind of make sense to remove the Vet's death note, since they just shoot all who visit them while on alert, but this too seems pointless. A Vet is likely to be exposed when they kill, either by Town wills or by Mafia knowing who their teammate targeted, and a Vet shouldn't want to out themselves in their death note.

Transporter should get notifications because it makes sense for them to. On the fence about them being able to transport Jester guilt, though.

Not sure about the Amnesiac change. Part of me thinks it would be nice to not have entire game know what role I picked, especially if everyone knows who I am, but the other part of me thinks this is just gonna make it so all Amnesiac claims are immediately killed. NBs get picked on enough.

Spy could be able to read Mafia chat, as it's a big part of their role, and the changes to Mayor and BMer have already rendered their ability to read whispers all but pointless. I'm fine with them losing that ability upon death, however. Hate all the other changes. Feels like they belong to a completely different role.

Vampire Hunter is too OP. Better to keep it as is, even if it's a little specific.

I like the new role idea, but with some changes. You can read those in the thread.

We're all standing in the same area, so we should be able to see when people are whispering. Changing this also screws over both Spy and BMer. And why shouldn't Town roles be able to whisper? Instant death via whisper also sounds pretty bad.
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:49 pm

YamiChan wrote:We're all standing in the same area, so we should be able to see when people are whispering. Changing this also screws over both Spy and BMer. And why shouldn't Town roles be able to whisper? Instant death via whisper also sounds pretty bad.

You're treating those two suggestions seperately.

They're a pair, and should be critiqued as such.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby YamiChan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

I have critiqued them both as I see them.
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 pm

YamiChan wrote:I have critiqued them both as I see them.

But your reason for why only scum whispering is bad is that it's "instant death".

Which literally is not a thing because whispers cannot be seen aside from a Spy/Osservatore.

They're a pair.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby YamiChan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm

YOU are the one who said it was "instant death".

And no, that's not my only reason. It's just not fair. They already have the night chat. Town should be allowed to whisper too.
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:03 am

YamiChan wrote:YOU are the one who said it was "instant death".

To whisper the WRONG person

Not to whisper in general

Risk and reward

YamiChan wrote:And no, that's not my only reason. It's just not fair. They already have the night chat. Town should be allowed to whisper too.

They actually really don't have a night chat right now

That being said, why does the uninformed majority need a private chat?

They don't.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby YamiChan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Removing the whisper ability is just not fun, and why would Mafia whisper Town when they know who their teammates are?
YamiChan
Forger
Forger

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm

*facepalm*
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby TheFrogMan1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm not sure about some of the changes you listed, and I don't really like that the new role list doesn't include all of the possible roles.
For the whispering, it sounds good, but since nobody can see the whispers except for the people getting whispered to, and only non-town can whisper, what will stop people from randomly saying in chat "Orange whispered to me, so he must be bad!" then getting you lynched, even though you never whispered in the first place?

Also, I think everybody should be able to whisper, so hopefully what I just said wouldn't happen, and so the blackmailer is still good, since it could read the town's whispers, and see any plans the town members might be trying to make, just like the spy trying to see any plans the mafia might be trying to make.
TheFrogMan1
Lookout
Lookout

Postby zzjay » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Only goid thing i see is ret dying upon revival...but not as disguise...like trading your life
..that would make sense lorewise...but the transporter change is horrible...that would lead to lynch all transporters...

Jailor with 2 exes....doubt itd make any difference...you hardly ever see them using 3.
Deathnotes are a must...town of salem would actually work if people played the game instead of doing vfr randomly day 1...that is another problem...that devs are trying to counter...if mayor has 2 votes after revealong its useless.
.not even worth protecting,as he will use both 2 votes in one day...and do what yown day 2 does...vfr.you wipl reduce mayor to a secret weapon that has to lay low and trick the last mafia at the end...which i see happen once in my life.

Also throwing all this chaos about see who is visiting role would only encourage vfr...and give neutrals a hard time (rip exe).
Amne with no notification...any amne claim will be executed...same for survs...since now amne can claim surv and actually have remembered arso all along...and since investigator is not in all games...there is no way to find him.

One thing we have to do...its limit VFR...no more ask all roles day2 where is the fun? Stop answering roles...let them vote you...and dont claim if no one checked you.then of course you can vfr someone you think is acting suspiciously...but please skip day 2...they should limit trials to 1 on day 2
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:01 am

Now that the Unity update has finally launched...

Updated for 2019

I'm currently trying to get the mods to recover the Osservatore and Hunter threads, and will probably make ToS 3.0 or some such sooner or later.
Spoiler:

orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Previous

Return to Suggestions