Evidence box

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Evidence box

Postby mamlaz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:35 am

I always thought about a game type when town investigatives could communicate to eachother in a way. When the games are custom with random town or town investigative then there is a lot of deception going on ( everybody claiming invests, lookouts, sheriffs etc. ) My suggestion is to add a something called 'Evidence Box'. Evidence box would get content when two different town investigative roles investigate the same crime. For instance, person A kills person B . Sheriff interrogated person A and found out that he is a member of the mafia, but he doesn't know if the person is framed. At the same time, Lookout visited person B and saw two persons visit him that night, one of which is person A . Normally, sheriff would have to double check to try to remove the possibility of framing, and lookout wouldn't know which of these two persons is mafia without saying out loud who visited person B, thus revealing his role and becoming a target.
In the ' Evidence Box' scenario, both Sheriff and Lookout would get the message ' there are some evidence for you to look at' and they could read it next to the last will and death note by night - saying ' Person A is a member of the mafia and killed Person B. Next day both lookout and sheriff would know who is the guilty person without having to check them twice or reveal their roles. Also, they could use their night ability to check someone else.
In the same way I would combine Investigator and Sheriff - revealing a persons exact role, Lookout and Spy - who visited who etc. To get something into evidence box, the both investigatives would have to invest the same person/crime same day.
What do you think?
One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.

Favorite roles: Jailor Transporter Consigliere Spy Veteran

Least favorite: Mafioso Lookout Jester Doctor Framer
mamlaz
Medium
Medium

Re: Evidence box

Postby mamlaz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:39 am

Evidence could be a part of the last will if the person dies, so that the players that are alive could have real evidence left by town investigatives

mamlaz
Medium
Medium

Postby Feallike » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:10 pm

-1 That is way to onesided for Town members, we have whispering for a reason. :/ I really don't think it would be fair for the town to give secret private messages to eachother...

Maybe a last will, that is to be given to a specific person. (as long as it announces that someone got a secret will)
Favorite roles: Serial killer, Veteran, and Jailor

Username Eren Jeager, Johan Leibert
Feallike
Lookout
Lookout

Postby mamlaz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 am

what secret private messages are you talking about? you didn't understand a word I wrote

mamlaz
Medium
Medium

Postby Fairy Dragon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:52 pm

mamlaz wrote:what secret private messages are you talking about? you didn't understand a word I wrote

I think what he is referring to is the message about person X being mafia without a shadow of a doubt; that there would be extra information given to the investigators that normally they would have to work for. This would allow the townies, who normally need to work together with trust or double check, to get too much information that is above their realm of reach, too fast.
Fairy Dragon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby mamlaz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:23 am

I disagree completely. My suggestion was that 'evidence' is available only when two investigatives investigate the same person / someone who was a part of the attack. There is 15 players and chances that something like that happens are very small.. Also, in 80% of games one of the investigator roles dies in first two nights so it's not really something that would occur constantly, it would just be a fun addition when it happens and poor investigatives wouldn't have to yell and caps lock for 5 minutes so that someone starts reading what they have to say

mamlaz
Medium
Medium

Postby Decoy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:41 pm

This would take away the fun of the game. If you could anonymously give other people's roles away, that would overwhelm the townsfolk with power, allowing them to repress all of the evil. This would basically be like Mafia, except for townies, and they are all consiglieres. Now you may say that the mafia has the ability (Or the Serial Killer) to anonymously give information via. deathnotes. Yes, that is fair since the other roles are omnipotence, they are in the minority and they could easily become subdued. Almost sure that someone has said the same thing as me, but you can always keep your logs in your will then when you die or another townsfolk dies, then you can cross over collected information to track down the criminal.
Decoy
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Suggestions