Town of Salem 1.5 - Outdated?

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Are Town Leader (formerly Town Power) and the resulting Mayor/Retributionist buffs good ideas?

Buff Mayor and Retributionist so they can fit in Town Leader with the more powerful Jailor.
142
56%
Make Retributionist die when it revives a player and keep it Town Support. Add another Town Leader role.
31
12%
Make Retributionist die when it revives a player and keep it Town Support. Have only Mayor and Jailor as Town Leader.
25
10%
Nerf Mayor and Retributionist, and have a confirmed Jailor. No Town Leader.
56
22%
 
Total votes : 254

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Kmenx wrote:And Jester must be NE it is a minor bastard role

Another reason it'd make a better NB.

Nellyfox wrote:Then get rid of the neutrals. It's everyone else's fault for not getting rid of them.

I would if I could.

Give Mafioso an independent kill and bam.

True, pure Mafia gameplay.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby Mroz4k » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:54 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:
Kmenx wrote:And Jester must be NE it is a minor bastard role

Another reason it'd make a better NB.

Nellyfox wrote:Then get rid of the neutrals. It's everyone else's fault for not getting rid of them.

I would if I could.

Give Mafioso an independent kill and bam.

True, pure Mafia gameplay.

While I think that would be interesting, soon enough it would become pretty plain. Hate to say it - the different Neutrals give the game flavour.
________________________________________
Hopes I have for this thread:
A collection of best suggestions/nerfs/buff suggestions the Forums have presented. The best 30 ones featured in the Poll, everyone can decide which ones they like, through the poll. Gives feedback what are the most popular suggestions community-wise. The suggestions that are least popular will once in a while be replaced with new, aspiring suggestions.

This is the vision I have for this thread, in the future.

TOS V.2 had a big problem - it forced the "whole package" on forumer, whether yes or no. Thats not something you can do with a suggestion so diverse.

Rather, I would like to gain opinions on individual suggestions.
(with that said, the most popular ones which would keep on getting the best results month after month, it would be a signature that this is a suggestion community really deems worthy... what´s better of a feedback to Devs then something like a thread that continuously wins the community popularity poll, right?

In this aspect, TOS V.1.5 should be a lot better thread.
Away in the real world most of the time, but I return from time to time, at my own whim.


FM history:
Spoiler: NFM4 - Lookout - W
NFM7 - Consort - L (so close tho)
FM8D - Cit+ to Sheriff - W
FM9C - Cit - L (epicly failed)
CFM hydra 2 - Medium with Varanus - W
SFM17 - Caporegime - W
FM9D - Serial Killer - W (epicly :D)
SFM14 - Bodyguard-ish role - modkilled, caused MyLo FTW - W?
Mroz4k
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter
 
Posts: 4888
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Location: Away in the real world

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:56 pm

That's why I made it. ;)

BTW, expect this thread to be updated extensively over Christmas break. The ideas will stay the same, but Mroz and I are hoping to bring ToS suggestions into a new era of connectivity and debate.

It'll be cool.

After talking with Cyantic I've changed a few things slightly and added a Werewolf buff.

Will do more over break.
Last edited by Nellyfox on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:15 am

Can you like not double post. >.>
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:09 am

I agree with most of this

But stop trying to make Jester Neutral Benign
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby TrueGent » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:42 am

Jester is a terrible role so reducing its impact on the game is 10/10
User avatar
TrueGent
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 am

TrueGent wrote:Jester is a terrible role so reducing its impact on the game is 10/10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fuck off
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby TrueGent » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:49 am

JammySplodge wrote:
TrueGent wrote:Jester is a terrible role so reducing its impact on the game is 10/10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
fuck off

Jester hurts the balance if the game at its core so yes its terrible
and nty
User avatar
TrueGent
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:50 am

Jester promotes bad play but personally I like it in the game.
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:53 am

TrueGent wrote:Jester hurts the balance if the game

That's the whole point
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby TrueGent » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:55 am

JammySplodge wrote:
TrueGent wrote:Jester hurts the balance if the game

That's the whole point

I don't follow.
User avatar
TrueGent
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:59 am

TrueGent wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:
TrueGent wrote:Jester hurts the balance if the game

That's the whole point

I don't follow.

The point of the Jester is to hinder the town by making them waste a lynch, this upsets the balance of the game, because it is supposed to, this is why it should remain NE
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby TrueGent » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:07 pm

I don't think you understand my point. Jester makes town afraid of lynching scummy people. If you cant see why that is dumb I'm honestly too tired to argue with you.
User avatar
TrueGent
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIII] Winner
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Sometimes. (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Nellyfox wrote:Jester promotes bad play but personally I like it in the game.

It'll still be in the game. Just not in Ranked.

Unless they add in multiple role lists, in which case it can still spawn in an 8-3-3-1 (or similar) role list. Either way, it's more balanced in Benign, you must admit.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:45 pm

It's not Benign because it kills
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:48 pm

JammySplodge wrote:It's not Benign because it kills

That is a bullshit argument

Change the name of the fucking alignment if you care that much

I've had it up to here with the whole "omg it killz one perzon not benin" argument. Balance is far more important than lore, and continuously pushing a lore-based argument pisses me off.

So fine. I'm not changing the alignment name to Neutral Unaligned. Now Jester fits. Your argument is now entirely invalid.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:56 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:
JammySplodge wrote:It's not Benign because it kills

That is a bullshit argument

Change the name of the fucking alignment if you care that much

I've had it up to here with the whole "omg it killz one perzon not benin" argument. Balance is far more important than lore, and continuously pushing a lore-based argument pisses me off.

So fine. I'm not changing the alignment name to Neutral Unaligned. Now Jester fits. Your argument is now entirely invalid.

JESTER.
MUST.
HINDER.
TOWN.
IN.
ORDER.
TO.
WIN.
IT.
IS.
NOT.
ON.
PAR.
WITH.
SURVIVOR.
OR.
AMNESIAC.
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby BirdyThePhoenix » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:57 pm

The jester is an evil role as it pretty much goes against the town.
My discord is Birdy The Phoenix#5902
User avatar
BirdyThePhoenix
In memory of...
In memory of...
 
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: Birdland

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Jester is more evil than benign, you must admit. Towns fault if they don't lynch scummy people, not the roles.
User avatar
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
 
Posts: 10042
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Glass Workstation

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:27 pm

BirdyThePhoenix wrote:The jester is an evil role as it pretty much goes against the town.

How do you guys miss the point that Jester can EASILY kill another Neutral or a Mafia? It doesn't "have" to harm the Town to win. Survivor and Amnesiac follow the exact same idea. They can all choose a side but have to meet a specific goal to win.
Nellyfox wrote:Jester is more evil than benign, you must admit. Towns fault if they don't lynch scummy people, not the roles.

It's literally not even called Neutral Benign anymore. I changed it to Neutral Unaligned. Jester is unaligned and does not require the Town to lose for it to win; ergo, it goes in the Neutral Unaligned category, not Neutral Evil.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:30 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:.
Nellyfox wrote:Jester is more evil than benign, you must admit. Towns fault if they don't lynch scummy people, not the roles.

It's literally not even called Neutral Benign anymore. I changed it to Neutral Unaligned. Jester is unaligned and does not require the Town to lose for it to win; ergo, it goes in the Neutral Unaligned category, not Neutral Evil.

Executioner doesn't require the town to lose, and it's NE
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:32 pm

JammySplodge wrote:
orangeandblack5 wrote:.
Nellyfox wrote:Jester is more evil than benign, you must admit. Towns fault if they don't lynch scummy people, not the roles.

It's literally not even called Neutral Benign anymore. I changed it to Neutral Unaligned. Jester is unaligned and does not require the Town to lose for it to win; ergo, it goes in the Neutral Unaligned category, not Neutral Evil.

Executioner doesn't require the town to lose, and it's NE

Did you even read my Executioner changes?
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby JazzMusicStops » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Pointless, imo
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

User avatar
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:06 am
Location: Resting (GMT)

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:36 pm

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Executioner now MUST harm Town to win. It's Evil. Jester does not need to. It's Unaligned.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5468
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town of Salem 1.5

Postby ICECLIMBERS » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Just make jester RNG haunt a random townie with executioner limitations.

As for people wanting to straight up remove it
Spoiler: Image
Spoiler: Metrion (1069 in RU Bracket)06/11/2019
@Ice Ready for 900 more koroks?
avi
User avatar
ICECLIMBERS
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
[Forum Mafia VII] Winner
 
Posts: 3186
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: Eastern Time

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests