When playing with friends

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

When playing with friends

Postby Forby » Mon May 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Just my own thought,
But I think when grouping and joining a game with your friends - When it's available (Specifically in customs)
The entire group should be placed under similar roles, ie: Mafia, Town, Two SKs if there are two SK roles and two people grouped.
Playing with two friends, when I'm Mafia and their town, is just not fun or fair at all.
Just my thoughts.
You can find me online and in games as Forby.
Werk.
Forby
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: When playing with friends

Postby TheBlitzBarker » Mon May 26, 2014 9:05 pm

But that might ruin some things, such as deception (a main point of the game), plus when groups get too large...there's gonna be a problem about that.
...and in the end...it all boils down to glue... Spoiler: Image Image
I am of the Order of Creation
My Role Ideas-If you dare...
TheBlitzBarker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Forby » Mon May 26, 2014 9:53 pm

TheBlitzBarker wrote:But that might ruin some things, such as deception (a main point of the game), plus when groups get too large...there's gonna be a problem about that.

And I agree. But it's far worse when you have for example 3 friends, one of them is Mafia, one is town, and one is benign. Firstly the friends either have to out themselves or lie to eachother (Half the time these people are on skype/chat system) - and secondly, they can cheat by using their abilities to out their teammembers (Town/Mafia/Other SK/Exe)

So, it's hit or miss either way, but it makes more sense to at least increase the chances of players being placed under the same alignment when they are grouped together (Possibly adding like a Max of 4 or 5 players that can be grouped together in one alignment.)
Werk.
Forby
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheBlitzBarker » Mon May 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Forby wrote:
TheBlitzBarker wrote:But that might ruin some things, such as deception (a main point of the game), plus when groups get too large...there's gonna be a problem about that.

And I agree. But it's far worse when you have for example 3 friends, one of them is Mafia, one is town, and one is benign. Firstly the friends either have to out themselves or lie to eachother (Half the time these people are on skype/chat system) - and secondly, they can cheat by using their abilities to out their teammembers (Town/Mafia/Other SK/Exe)

So, it's hit or miss either way, but it makes more sense to at least increase the chances of players being placed under the same alignment when they are grouped together (Possibly adding like a Max of 4 or 5 players that can be grouped together in one alignment.)

Reminds me of the time when I killed my friend while were in the same room...good time, good times...
TheBlitzBarker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Forby » Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 pm

TheBlitzBarker wrote:
Forby wrote:

Reminds me of the time when I killed my friend while were in the same room...good time, good times...

Haha, exactly. It's fun, but it should at least give the option to be given the same alignment. As long as you're in a group, and have a certain amount of players, and under a certain amount.
Werk.
Forby
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheBlitzBarker » Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 am

And that's when people start to argue the limit -_-
TheBlitzBarker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Forby » Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 am

TheBlitzBarker wrote:And that's when people start to argue the limit -_-

Very true, and the limit would be up to the creators and developers I suppose, not the community.
Werk.
Forby
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheBlitzBarker » Tue May 27, 2014 11:36 am

Yeah.
TheBlitzBarker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby mouthyexpert » Tue May 27, 2014 11:39 am

The problem with this is people saying "I'm a townie so obviously my friend is a townie too" to easily prove each others' innocence. That's dumb and boring.

And honestly if the idea of murdering your friends in a video game doesn't appeal to you, then you have a lot to learn about friendship.
mouthyexpert
Spy
Spy

Postby Yak » Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 pm

I like being in different allegiances, I like hunting them down and killing them >:D
If you ever see ಠ益ಠ, it's me!
Yak
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TheBlitzBarker » Tue May 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Yak wrote:I like being in different allegiances, I like hunting them down and killing them >:D

IKR
TheBlitzBarker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Forby » Tue May 27, 2014 11:41 pm

mouthyexpert wrote:The problem with this is people saying "I'm a townie so obviously my friend is a townie too" to easily prove each others' innocence. That's dumb and boring.

And honestly if the idea of murdering your friends in a video game doesn't appeal to you, then you have a lot to learn about friendship.

So here's an example.
I just finished a game with two friends.
I was Jailor, one of them was Consig, and the other was Mayor. Mafia didn't kill us until the end, wiped everyone else out. Was just us three, and one other mafia member. And then Mafia obviously won, because we allowed them to.
That seems much less fair.

If you are grouped with people, you should at least be given the option to be under the same alignment, that simple.
Werk.
Forby
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby TheBlitzBarker » Wed May 28, 2014 12:02 am

-_- I love how this argument can just go on and on and on and on and on. But, one of you is a little more right. Let's say you want to play under the same group with you're friend because you like knowing each other's roles while you play. This game is about deceit, trickery, and playing kinda dirty. Knowing you're friends roles and being under the same alignment may give you comfort, but that's the complete opposite of what the game is supposed to feel like. In you're example you all knew each others roles and mafia pretty much won because of it...my question is why you do that in this type of game in the first place?
TheBlitzBarker
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Suggestions