[Suggestion] Rename Jester

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

[Suggestion] Rename Jester

Postby Sereloth » Wed May 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Ok, hear me out.

I really like the role of the Jester. However, to me, the name of the role itself and the way I feel when I play it do not match. A Jester is an entertainer, someone that is loud and over-the-top in order to entertain others. On the other hand, the way to play the Jester is actually the complete opposite. Yes, people's automatic strategy is to be loud and obnoxious to try to get themselves lynched, but that very rarely works because people see right through that. Instead, you have to be sly and cunning, try to mess up in subtle ways so that you can get caught and lynched.

The playstyle of most of the other roles feel like what their name is. For example, with the Arson you douse and burn people, with the Spy you are able to be sneaky and listen in on conversations, with the Sheriff you feel somewhat powerful because you get to know really good info at night, and with the Godfather you feel pretty invincible and give orders to your Mafiosos. However, the name "Jester" does not match the winning condition. You do not entertain others to get lynched, you do not act loud and obnoxious to get lynched. You act the complete opposite to succeed in your mission. Therefore, I believe the Jester should be remained to better match the feel of the playstyle. I am not an imaginative person, so I don't know any alternatives for the name, but I'm sure other people can brainstorm that. Any thoughts?
Sereloth
Donor
Donor

Re: [Suggestion] Rename Jester

Postby TheThief » Wed May 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Jesters entertain people. The jester is trying to entertain while the other town members are trying to find the murderers. When they get lynched for people thinking that they were evil, the people feel guilty and one kills themselves over it. "All he/she wanted to do is entertain us" Is what I feel what they would be thinking before they died. At least that is my opinion.
A gay man who appreciates the artistic value in innuendos and bad jokes.
TheThief
[Forum Mafia II] Winner
[Forum Mafia II] Winner

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Thu May 22, 2014 2:00 am

Think of it more as a crazy jester. Who doesn't love a good psychopath?

[simg=500,300]http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Shaco_5.jpg[/simg]
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby PoisonMaid » Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 am

PyromonkeyGG wrote:Think of it more as a crazy jester. Who doesn't love a good psychopath?

[simg=500,300]http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Shaco_5.jpg[/simg]

Shaco :twisted:
Proud Mommy 01/10/17 with another on the way 11/20/18
<3
PoisonMaid
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Medusa » Thu May 22, 2014 2:33 am

I think if it was gonna be changed the best name would be something like Town Fool (having said I do like the Jester being called Jester)
Medusa
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Suggestions