Too many people are leaving in-game!

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Too many people are leaving in-game!

Postby Vulture » Tue May 20, 2014 6:38 am

You were there, you have seen it happen.
After the first night there are like five dead Townies.
What happened here? Most of them simply left. They didn't like the setup or the role they were given.
So they left. And the rest of the Town will have to make do without the Doctor and the Sheriff.
Sometimes even the SK leaves, which is bad for the Mafia, because now they are the only ones everyone's looking for.

But what can we do about it?
We can't forbid people to leave the game, just because they needed to use the bathroom.
But what the could do, no, perhaps what the should do is punishing the people, that are leaving every time they don't like their role.
Again, I am not talking about dead players who left the game (and without a Medium or a Retributionist, who can blame them?),
I am talking about living players, who just wanted to see their role, didn't like it and left on the first morning.

But what can be done? This players could receive a 15 minute ban.
And just to be sure, the ban would only have to be enforced after the second time, somebody left as a living Townie/Mafia/Neutral, successive.

This is just an idea and I am open to discussion.
Honestly, as long as something is done about it, I don't care what.
Because this has to stop, this empty towns, this picky players, something has to be done.
I really enjoy this game a lot, but not this way.

TL;DR
15 minute ban for players who left the second time successive as a living player.

PS: Sorry for any bad grammar, I'm not a native English speaker.
Vulture

Re: Too many people are leaving in-game!

Postby Dwern » Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 am

Instead of a ban, why not add prizes for people who stay till the end?

That, my friend, is how an optimist thinks. And the developers of this game are optimists. That being said, "town points" will be awarded only at the end of a game. So if you leave, you miss out on town points. This has already been brought up tons of times already though. Run a search :P
I generally go by "Dwern" in games too. So say Hi if you see me ^_^

Dwern
Medium
Medium

Postby Vulture » Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 am

Sorry, I just never heard of Town Points and I haven't seen them.
What I have seen is lots and lots of players leaving the town. Five dead after the first night is not uncommon now.
I didn't know there was a system, that awards players for staying.

But a lot of players don't seem to care about it, it is happening anyway.
As I said, I am open to discussion. Town Points would be a great way to motivate players to stay!
If there are Town Points, please let me know how I can make them visible or where I can find them, thank you!
Vulture

Postby Dwern » Tue May 20, 2014 7:30 am

Vulture wrote:Sorry, I just never heard of Town Points and I haven't seen them.
What I have seen is lots and lots of players leaving the town. Five dead after the first night is not uncommon now.
I didn't know there was a system, that awards players for staying.

But a lot of players don't seem to care about it, it is happening anyway.
As I said, I am open to discussion. Town Points would be a great way to motivate players to stay!
If there are Town Points, please let me know how I can make them visible or where I can find them, thank you!

Yet to be released. But it's the next thing they are going to release in this game! :D

Stay tuned!
I generally go by "Dwern" in games too. So say Hi if you see me ^_^

Dwern
Medium
Medium

Postby mkicon » Tue May 20, 2014 8:45 am

Dwern wrote:Instead of a ban, why not add prizes for people who stay till the end?

That, my friend, is how an optimist thinks. And the developers of this game are optimists. That being said, "town points" will be awarded only at the end of a game. So if you leave, you miss out on town points. This has already been brought up tons of times already though. Run a search :P

That's how it worked in sc2 mafia, and it worked pretty well.

You got so many points just for sticking around, more for winning, and achievements gave even more.
mkicon
Jester
Jester

Return to Suggestions