Host active = NORepick

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Host active = NORepick

Postby kidouiouri » Sun May 18, 2014 7:58 pm

So, there's something that really makes me rage!
When people don't like someone's setup when they just repick in custom and that's wrong!
Repick should only work when host is inactive!
It really really makes me mad when I or someone do what we like, or try something new and then we get repicked because "the majority" didn't like the setup!
You should leave when you don't like a setup, not freaking repick the host!
So I'm suggesting that "repick" should not work when host is active, it might be a lot to ask for, but I really want to try new stuff and it's not working when some people go like "I don't like this setup so I'm repicking the host!"
It's really awful and sad =(
I always choose the blonde character.
I go by the name "Zhang".
kidouiouri
Witch
Witch

Re: Host active = NORepick

Postby kidouiouri » Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 pm

It's better than letting everyone repick the host because they don't like their setup!
and active means they click on the roles, y'know, random mafia, gf jailor, as long as they click they're considered active.
and for the trolls, people would just leave, I don't imagine a troll sitting for 5 hours being "active" and watching people come and go.
Having to deal with trolls is sooo much better than having your "new and fun" setup disappear because of people who just didn't want to try something new!
I always choose the blonde character.
I go by the name "Zhang".
kidouiouri
Witch
Witch

Postby UnknownFox » Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Personally wouldn't mind a few lobbies. I know I feel bad and hate it when I want to try something new and a few people agree, then suddenly the flood of people from a game that just finished get mad and repick because its not what they want. Then if they can't force a repick most just leave as soon as the game begins.
UnknownFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby CuntyMcShitballs » Sun May 18, 2014 10:46 pm

UnknownFox wrote:Personally wouldn't mind a few lobbies. I know I feel bad and hate it when I want to try something new and a few people agree, then suddenly the flood of people from a game that just finished get mad and repick because its not what they want. Then if they can't force a repick most just leave as soon as the game begins.

That is basically every time I try to do my no mafia game...
CuntyMcShitballs
Witch
Witch

Postby Tormental » Sun May 18, 2014 10:52 pm

I've seen Custom rounds with two Spies chosen by the host. Not just one specific Spy. Two.

So we need to be able to vote against that type of thing...
Last edited by Tormental on Sun May 18, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormental
Veteran
Veteran

Postby CuntyMcShitballs » Sun May 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Tormental wrote:I've seen Custom rounds with two Spies chosen by the host. Not just one specici Spy. Two.

So we need to be able to vote against that type of thing...

There is a difference between a stupid decision and a good decision that is perceived to be stupid.
CuntyMcShitballs
Witch
Witch

Postby Tormental » Sun May 18, 2014 11:20 pm

True, but unrelated to what I said.
Tormental
Veteran
Veteran

Postby UnknownFox » Sun May 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Well an idea. A small lobby room where you can start a new game and pick which roles you want (this displays to the lobby as well) if the game doesn't fill up within a given time you are removed from that room to make room for another person to make a room. If its considered a stupid idea, people will just ignore it and move on to another or wait for a free room. If its interesting enough I'm sure it will fill up with those willing to take a risk.
UnknownFox
Civilian
Civilian

Postby CuntyMcShitballs » Sun May 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Tormental wrote:True, but unrelated to what I said.

Two spies in the role list = Stupid idea; literally any creative role list that gets shot down by a torrent of /repicks and people named: "HostSucks" = Good idea perceived to be stupid.

Examples:

ImageImage

Both of these turned out to be extremely fun. (I was the arsonist in the latter >:D )
CuntyMcShitballs
Witch
Witch

Postby Tormental » Mon May 19, 2014 1:42 am

Right, but unrelated to what I said. :)

In other words, I was talking about clearly broken rounds *needing* to have the ability to repick. You're talking about how it's fun to have rounds some people might think are silly.
Tormental
Veteran
Veteran

Postby CuntyMcShitballs » Mon May 19, 2014 2:55 am

Tormental wrote:Right, but unrelated to what I said. :)

In other words, I was talking about clearly broken rounds *needing* to have the ability to repick. You're talking about how it's fun to have rounds some people might think are silly.

I agree, and I do not remember where I was going with that... xD
CuntyMcShitballs
Witch
Witch

Return to Suggestions