sound and visual effects at night

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

sound and visual effects at night

Postby prototypeOEZ » Sun May 18, 2014 7:26 am

I have a suggestion that we have sound and visual effects during the night in town of salem
eg. gunshots and flashes signifying that member of the mafia has killed someone or maybe a explosion/incinerating sound every time an arsonist kills someone etc etc
prototypeOEZ
Donor
Donor

Re: sound and visual effects at night

Postby TheScowler » Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 am

I think (think, not know) that some visual effects are planned. However, they take the backseat in significance to bugs or major gameplay changes that will be implemented first.
In my opinion, one of the things that makes this game so great is it's simplicity. Putting in too much would take that away.

Also, things like sound/light effects would all be triggered at the same time, at dawn. Because people change their minds, get role blocked, transported, etc, nothing is final until the last second of night. Having a ton of effects at the same time might be a bit overwhelming.
"You are all experiencing fear. An anticipation of some specific pain, or danger. This is perfectly understandable."

Common in-game names:
Spoiler: Dr Nigma
Corvo Attano
Nichard Rixon
Doug Rattmann
TheScowler
Lookout
Lookout

Re: sound and visual effects at night

Postby TurdPile » Mon May 19, 2014 11:19 am

aesthetics will be coming much later
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Return to Suggestions