lobby staller fix

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

lobby staller fix

Postby vikkings » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:39 am

just put a 15mn timer if they leave a lobby 3 times in a row or something. wouldn't that fix it
This user has no ties with the organisation known as ISIS, nor does it support it. Posts are strictly anti-ISIS.
vikkings
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: lobby staller fix

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:49 am

Sadly, that wouldn't fix a thing. That would mainly be problematic for people who are joinleaving a couple times to find their friends' lobby, and people trying to look for a different custom lobby. Lobby stallers, however, won't be affected, because they'd just use different accounts to join the lobby and have them in sets where they can wait 15 minutes for group 1 to be able to be allowed back in the lobby, while groups 2 to 15+ do the exact same thing.

I'm sad to say that if there were an easy solution, it'd have been implemented by now.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby vikkings » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:53 am

yeah, thought it could work since i only see up to 4 accounts per staller usually. makes it a bit harder to set up at least. i still think this could discourage it, how about implementing that solely on classic rp? other modes don't seem to have that issue
This user has no ties with the organisation known as ISIS, nor does it support it. Posts are strictly anti-ISIS.
vikkings
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:02 am

A couple weeks/months ago, it was classic TT, so they keep switching modes regardless.
And sadly, these people tend to have accounts made by the dozens, so it wouldn't deter them as much as we'd hope, while it would definitely handicap the non-nefarious players.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby vikkings » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:22 am

Jesus Christ
vikkings
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby vikkings » Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:49 pm

is adding potential players in a game impossible with the client? if we can get up to let's say 18 players in a lobby, wether by adding any roles or implementing some kind of first come first serve captcha once game starts that leaves out 3 people, that could weed them out. players who fail it would just be sent back to the homepage. sure throwers and bot could go around the captcha and leave, but they're doing that already.
vikkings
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:03 pm

Captchas are easily avoidable. Furthermore would it, again, mainly punish people who aren't trolls.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby vikkings » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:38 pm

i mean. if the games can start. a whole day of stalled lobbies is pretty punishing too.

having a 3 player buffer means the stallers need 4 accounts simultaneously in a lobby to lock. now, that might be possible, but a party joining late counters it. we don't have any counter beyond someone randomly joining in the <1sec lapse between the bots switching right now
vikkings
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby James2 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:43 pm

vikkings wrote:just put a 15mn timer if they leave a lobby 3 times in a row or something. wouldn't that fix it

People who leave the same lobby multiple times *during the countdown* should be directed to a different lobby (in the same way that people who try to join while the countdown is going on are).

Leaving prior to countdown does no harm and should not be penalized.
Flavorable wrote:And sadly, these people tend to have accounts made by the dozens, so it wouldn't deter them as much as we'd hope, while it would definitely handicap the non-nefarious players.

I highly doubt that anyone could manage 60+ accounts at the same time without specialized software. The proposal in the OP would mostly solve the staller problem, and with my suggestion would impose minimal costs on legitimate players.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FroggyMaybe » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:59 am

I mean, the best solution to this is, and would be, to allow players to start with less than 15 people in the lobby. Its been requested for so long now.
Germany loses the world cup. Again. Way to go, lads.
FroggyMaybe
Survivor
Survivor

Postby WildCard65 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:55 pm

FroggyMaybe wrote:I mean, the best solution to this is, and would be, to allow players to start with less than 15 people in the lobby. Its been requested for so long now.

We had that feature, and no one loved it.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions