Verified email address

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Verified email address

Postby FussySnowLankyfan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:09 am

Please only grant people with verified email addresses or authorized user account. Most importantly, just only use verified email address will do to have an authorized account in game.
By doing this, this will eradicate most of the people who troll or purge people who do not abide by the rules of the game out of the game. Hence, this will make the game be in a better place to play.

Have a nice day.
FussySnowLankyfan

Re: Verified email address

Postby ScepticalPostulate » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:25 am

Will this reduce the number of cases where people have misused someone email address intentionally or unintentionally ? Short answer , maybe.

Look, i have had this experience before. Someone unintentionally misused my email before. I received a notification that i have signed up for some workshop. The next day, i received another notification that the same someone decided to delete that account he signed up for. Afterwards, he wrote an apology email to me. Its all good, everything is settled. I mean like if the account is verified, they may possibly be unable to create an account because they need a verification code to do so.
ScepticalPostulate

Postby TrillPhonk » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:37 pm

This will make 0 difference considering that one can just use a throwaway email in services like 10minutemail to verify an account
I am the Orgasmatron
TrillPhonk
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Cavespider17 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:17 am

I agree, currently the number of trolls in game is somewhast worrying. It can make playing rather difficult sometimes, especially if you are mafia. Mafia has a lot of difficulty getting a team in some gamemodes who don't leave day 1 because of their role (and while they do not admit it, it is a little strange how it is usually mafia roles who leave, right? - but this is a whole different can of worms), without having a troll go into a game and post all mafia numbers. Yes they get reported but the damage has been done.

The issue with email verification is the below point,

TrillPhonk wrote:This will make 0 difference considering that one can just use a throwaway email in services like 10minutemail to verify an account

Therefore, a counter solution would be to only allow verifications through emails which are from specific non-throwaway email sites. IE: a limited number of email providers. Although, I can also see this being very excluding for players who aren't a part of the more common providers.

An alternative solution is to assign free to play players to seperate lobbies (as per a suggestion of a friend), or set them a higher games played number before they can leave "Classic" while setting a minimum win rate of 50%. This would force them to put time and effort into playing.
Cavespider17
Witch
Witch

Return to Suggestions