A lot of gamethrowing kids !

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

A lot of gamethrowing kids !

Postby marya243 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:15 am

This game changed a lot and it is disgusting to see how many gamthrowing players are here. The only reason for this happening is that TOS is free on mobile, you can referal for free and the game is pretty cheap. I say if you raise it to 10 euro and stop referals or anything that can get you the game for free, it should be okay. Also One week ban for gamethrowing is very low. If you don't want to make these changes, maybe add moderators in game ?
marya243
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: A lot of gamethrowing kids !

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:14 am

marya243 wrote:This game changed a lot and it is disgusting to see how many gamthrowing players are here. The only reason for this happening is that TOS is free on mobile, you can referal for free and the game is pretty cheap. I say if you raise it to 10 euro and stop referals or anything that can get you the game for free, it should be okay. Also One week ban for gamethrowing is very low. If you don't want to make these changes, maybe add moderators in game ?

Gamethrowing is only an issue in Ranked Practice, Town Traitor or All Any. Typically in Coven and Ranked you rarely see gamethrowers. Gamethrowing is a huge issue among ban evaders who's sole purpose is to ruin the game for others by creating (as you stated) Many free accounts off of Mobile ToS.

Now as for your suggestions, no raising the cost of the game won't amount to anything as it'll just make people less inclined to buy the game and 5$ for an account is still a pretty good steal. Referals are NOT the cause of frequent throwers and ban evaders, as if someone gets banned whilst on refferals the user who gave the gamethrower the referals gets banned too. Unfortunately there is no fixing mobile ToS, BMG confirmed it was a big mistake on their part but it's impossible to take back so we just have to suck it up.

As for how the punishments work it's a 4 strike system where the first ban is 24 hours, 2nd is 72 hours, 3rd is 1 week and 4th is Permanent ban. Now adding moderators to the game is a hassle. The moderators, judges and admins have lives themselves and can't constantly be in game to ban any gamethrowers in game itself. In addition it's still a small team consisting of 4 judges, 3 Gmods, 2 Admins and the BMG staff if I'm not mistaken. Adding more staff could just be problematic. Edit: Also these are volunteers, the staff do not get payed what to ever.

Unfortunately nothing can be done. The only thing you as a player can do is report these players and they will be handled by Jurors and Judges as soon as possible. If this is a huge issue to you, grind games get into ranked or if you have coven already stick to it. It'll definitely make the game more enjoyable! :)
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:20 am

Yeah, a party game like this should be cheap so you can actually convince your friends to play with you. As far as I understand, the reason why EqsyLootz says that nothing can be done about mobile is because the appstore doesn't allow free apps to become paid, but that doesn't mean we can't do anything. Devs can always keep the app free, but only allow free users to play private games. This way, premium users won't get affected unless they invite some toxic player to their private game. See the first 2 links in my signature.

Adding moderators for games wouldn't be viable. BMG is too small.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby marya243 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:46 am

EqsyLootz wrote:
marya243 wrote:This game changed a lot and it is disgusting to see how many gamthrowing players are here. The only reason for this happening is that TOS is free on mobile, you can referal for free and the game is pretty cheap. I say if you raise it to 10 euro and stop referals or anything that can get you the game for free, it should be okay. Also One week ban for gamethrowing is very low. If you don't want to make these changes, maybe add moderators in game ?

Gamethrowing is only an issue in Ranked Practice, Town Traitor or All Any. Typically in Coven and Ranked you rarely see gamethrowers. Gamethrowing is a huge issue among ban evaders who's sole purpose is to ruin the game for others by creating (as you stated) Many free accounts off of Mobile ToS.

Now as for your suggestions, no raising the cost of the game won't amount to anything as it'll just make people less inclined to buy the game and 5$ for an account is still a pretty good steal. Referals are NOT the cause of frequent throwers and ban evaders, as if someone gets banned whilst on refferals the user who gave the gamethrower the referals gets banned too. Unfortunately there is no fixing mobile ToS, BMG confirmed it was a big mistake on their part but it's impossible to take back so we just have to suck it up.

As for how the punishments work it's a 4 strike system where the first ban is 24 hours, 2nd is 72 hours, 3rd is 1 week and 4th is Permanent ban. Now adding moderators to the game is a hassle. The moderators, judges and admins have lives themselves and can't constantly be in game to ban any gamethrowers in game itself. In addition it's still a small team consisting of 4 judges, 3 Gmods, 2 Admins and the BMG staff if I'm not mistaken. Adding more staff could just be problematic. Edit: Also these are volunteers, the staff do not get payed what to ever.

Unfortunately nothing can be done. The only thing you as a player can do is report these players and they will be handled by Jurors and Judges as soon as possible. If this is a huge issue to you, grind games get into ranked or if you have coven already stick to it. It'll definitely make the game more enjoyable! :)

Having moderators in this game, especially players that play more will really help with gamethrowers. Why ? Because there is already gamethrowers that other player are aware of them and just accept the fact that they can't even do anything about it. Another fact that will help could be a vote kick from lobby, if moderators are hard to introduce in the game. But there are risks too. And there is no need to pay a moderator. I know myself who I am mod on discord and facebook groups and not small ones, with over 200k players and I am not paid, it is just something I do because i want a good community.
There is solutions, even if TOS is free on mobile, just remove it from now on and keep the accounts were made. Trust me, most of people player Ranked Practice because there is no much people that play ranked anymore, not many players. Clasic and Ranked practice are the most used categories. I have over 450 hours in this game and I play it daily and there is at least from 10 games, 4 gamethrowers, 3 afk or more.
marya243
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:28 pm

marya243 wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:

Having moderators in this game, especially players that play more will really help with gamethrowers. Why ? Because there is already gamethrowers that other player are aware of them and just accept the fact that they can't even do anything about it. Another fact that will help could be a vote kick from lobby, if moderators are hard to introduce in the game. But there are risks too. And there is no need to pay a moderator. I know myself who I am mod on discord and facebook groups and not small ones, with over 200k players and I am not paid, it is just something I do because i want a good community.
There is solutions, even if TOS is free on mobile, just remove it from now on and keep the accounts were made. Trust me, most of people player Ranked Practice because there is no much people that play ranked anymore, not many players. Clasic and Ranked practice are the most used categories. I have over 450 hours in this game and I play it daily and there is at least from 10 games, 4 gamethrowers, 3 afk or more.

Votekick can easily be abused and BMG confirmed they will never add this. Ranked is still frequently played. And I don't play Ranked Practice of Town Traitor that much so I can't really say how many gamethrowers there are besides me seeing the games in queues and whatever for voting.

If you do want to help handle gamethrowers you can also volunteer on the trial server and become a juror ofc :). Your choice tho.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:26 am

Problem is, not all gamethrowers are actually gamethrowers... eg. I have 14 (innoed) gamethrowing reports, because I dont follow sandbox metas so people assume Im gamethrowing because ''thats not how you play the role'' So just because a player has spent more time playing, doesnt mean they should be able to stop a player because they dont like their style of play. 1 of those reports was for ''lying about his role'' when I was a NB.

Im in a discord server with a few heavy regs, and theyre constantly posting trial reports that have been innoed by judges, on players they feel should be suspended/banned, so not every case is black and white, even for regs. And most regs have a list of players (even a mental list) of players they dont like playing with....I could rattle off a few names right now of players I hate being in game with, because they usually cost me +1 wins, or theyll flame me for making an IQ play (or would of been an IQ play if the oppossing faction had IQ between them). Doesnt mean theyre gamethrowing either (usually they just dumb...or lazy..or somehow really have no clue who to lynch)

so yea, while some gamethrowing cases are clearly black and white, theres no way your average player should be making insta decisions on the many grey areas that arise.
Last edited by kyuss420 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SilverCruz » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Sorry, the new baby gets all the attention.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions