Rethinking Gamethrowing

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Rethinking Gamethrowing

Postby EgyptFalcon » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:05 am

I understand why the gamethrowing rules are extremely forgiving, because there are a lot of valid ways to play the game. However, seeing players purposefully skirt around this line, I feel like there should be some kind of warning against such play. Not with threat of ban, but rather threat of not being able to play in ranked.

For example, there's a player that just does nothing every game unless they are town -- and if they're town they just say their role once on the stand, no will, nothing else, no matter why they are being put on the stand. It has absolutely ruined multiple games but isn't considered gamethrowing, I don't think. There was another player that refused to post a will because they thought that wills ruined the spirit of the game (and didn't keep one when they died) -- I mean okay, but what are you doing in ranked? Could players like these get some slap on the wrist, like having to play another 10 games in ranked practice before they can play ranked again (or some variable number of games up to judge's discretion)?

I think this would be a better system than a permanent strike on your record and would allow punishments that fit the crime. Thoughts?
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Re: Rethinking Gamethrowing

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:55 pm

In theory, elo losses should be enough of a punishment. That people will probably lose more often. But I agree that GT rules are too lax, especially considering some people are deemed innocent despite admitting their intention. I think the Syanna rule should come back. Preventing people from playing ranked for not playing the way you like is kind of weird, especially if they are not gamethrowing.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Benn3 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:55 pm

Elo losses depend on your entire team though. If you have shitty teammates you'll probably end up losing unless you're a powerful role like Jailor, and then you'll get stuck in the lower ranks. Instead of warning players I'd just rework ELO in the way Alex's suggestion does or something similar to it so that distribution varies based on what faction you're in, how well you played, etc.
My main role concepts:

Caporegime
Spirit
Sniper
Assassin
Benn3
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:21 am

Didn't Alex's rework have nothing to do with wheter you played well or not? As far as I remember, it was only a matter of winning of losing.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions