Anti-Scrolls

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Anti-Scrolls

Postby Daemon213 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Can we get some anti-scrolls added? Scrolls that will reduce the chances of getting a role rather than increase them?
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light."
-- John Milton; 'Paradise Lost', Book II
Daemon213
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Anti-Scrolls

Postby Joacgroso » Fri May 28, 2021 8:22 pm

How would these work? When would they be consumed? I personally think anti scrolls are a good idea, since they would make the game better for everyone. The main problem is that they could be used to metagame (if someone uses anti-evil scrolls, they will be more likely to be trusted).
My suggestion for them is that they should decrease your odds of getting the role you don't want for X amount of games where the role can spawn.

Here's a list of all the threads suggesting anti-scrolls, if you are interested: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search.php?keywords=anti+scrolls&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Daemon213 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:07 pm

That's a good idea. Instead of being used each time you get a role like regular scrolls, they could be used for say 1 game or perhaps 3 games. Nothing permanent, but if they are only used for a single game, perhaps they should be cheaper in the store than regular scrolls since they will be used more frequently.
"Long is the way, and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light."
-- John Milton; 'Paradise Lost', Book II
Daemon213
Executioner
Executioner

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Joacgroso wrote:How would these work? When would they be consumed? I personally think anti scrolls are a good idea, since they would make the game better for everyone. The main problem is that they could be used to metagame (if someone uses anti-evil scrolls, they will be more likely to be trusted).
My suggestion for them is that they should decrease your odds of getting the role you don't want for X amount of games where the role can spawn.

Here's a list of all the threads suggesting anti-scrolls, if you are interested: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/search.php?keywords=anti+scrolls&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search.

How would an anti-scroll meta be worse than regular scrolls? If you're known to use Town scrolls you're more likely to be trusted. Normal scrolls only last for one game, but they have a much larger impact on the chance of getting a certain role than an anti-scroll would.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:02 pm

I think anti scrolls are a good idea.
But I believe the anti scrolls meta would be worse because you can only have up to 3 scrolls, which are useless if the role of your choice can't spawn anyway. Anti evil scrolls would increase your chances of being town more than 3 town scrolls.

edit: I just noticed I was speaking with factional scrolls in mind, not role scrolls. I do think factional/subfactional scrolls would be great. But if we only consider individual scrolls, then I guess there isn't that much of a difference between normal scrolls and anti scrolls.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions