Remove the Ads-For-Play system or bring back Free-to-play.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re: Remove the Ads-For-Play system or bring back Free-to-pla

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:33 pm

The sad part is that no change will ever be supported by the brunt of the community because those people don't visit the forums. Many of them probably don't know this place exists.
I agree that the communication could have been better.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby dbpeanut » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:39 pm

Joacgroso wrote:The sad part is that no change will ever be supported by the brunt of the community because those people don't visit the forums. Many of them probably don't know this place exists.
I agree that the communication could have been better.

I tend to ask people questions in game about the state of their game and their mood, out of personal interest. It's not hard to do the same or to have someone relay how they feel
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:45 pm

I guess they could have made a survey or something, though entering games to do that would be a bit too much in my opinion.
Even if they made a survey, I bet most people would ask for more roles, which is something I don't think the game needs (except some true NE like witch).

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun May 02, 2021 1:31 am

dbpeanut wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:
dbpeanut wrote:It's simple really, even though BMG got backlash for everything they did, it was really more for the lack of communication and understanding.

To be fair, some decisions seemed to be supported on the forums but BMG still got backslash for implementing the changes. I'm thinking about going p2p and changing ranked's rolelist.

Completely fair, but keep in mind that P2P was supposed to be a temporary fix, and was never supported by the brunt of the community. Whereas the ranked rolelist change highlighted flaws with certain roles more than ever before.

That being said, ultimately they kept no real communication.

Pay to Play was never to be a temporary fix. It was a permanent one with no plans to revert it.

With that in mind, F2P will not make a return, and I highly doubt they'll remove the Ads. It's a deterrent, and with more recent updates to F2P players via mobile, there's more enforced deterrents.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SilverCruz » Sun May 02, 2021 1:44 pm

It's an ineffective deterrent.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Jakinator178 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 pm

The least bmg could do is lower the paid account requirement. It did not need to be $5. $1 would be enough (unless Google/Apple take a super significant cut, then it's understandable).

This and the vile community attitude towards criticism from the older players (I've been playing since late 2015 or early 2016, hard go recall) has really turned me off.

I hope this elo reset works. I got terrible placement games and landed below 1000 elo this season. (I hit 2014 high last season). If I can get back to making progress with elo again that would be awesome.
[center]Image

Godfather Bless America
Jakinator178
Witch
Witch

Postby SilverCruz » Thu May 20, 2021 11:50 pm

So I feel that we're not done here.

Just adding, reducing the price of the game wouldn't help this because the price point isn't the problem, it's the hypocrisy. Out of one side of their mouth they've said "We want to get rid of the bad actors, so the game is no longer free to play.", but out of the other they're saying "We're fine with the bad actors as long as they keep giving us ad bucks.".

Nevermind that I've sent one of them a direct message that's been gathering dust in my outbox for over a month even though they're still evidently logging onto this forum, and since messages that I've had replied to aren't there, I can only assume that means that it has never even been read. I have to stick to this interpretation because I've never gotten any substantial evidence to the contrary.

The word of the day is negligence. It was also the word of the day yesterday. And the day before that. And it'll be the word of the day tomorrow, because nobody cares enough to make a new one.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Today I found out this discussion was pretty much pointless since apparently google doesn't allow free apps to suddenly become paid, so BMG can't fix this even if they want to.

Or at least that's sounds like a valid argument. I'm not sure if they can exploit some loophole by making the app free but charging for classic tickets. I think this gives my private lobbies suggestion a little more weight, since it allows people to play for free without disrupting games where they weren't invited, while allowing only paid users to play online. Of course, the downside is that I don't even know if people will play this game with strangers ever again if that becomes p2p.

It has been 25 days since the last post, so this doesn't count as necrobumping.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:38 pm

I kind of feel like you've misinterpreted that. Reads to me like it's less of a terms of service "you're not allowed to do this" thing and more of a "computers, man" thing since it openly suggests a way to sidestep the matter.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:54 am

Yeah, but deleting the app and changing it's name is a pretty big deal. People wouldn't be able to find it, and even if they did they may think it's a shameless rip-off.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:03 am

Joacgroso wrote:Yeah, but deleting the app and changing it's name is a pretty big deal. People wouldn't be able to find it, and even if they did they may think it's a shameless rip-off.

In addition, anyone who has Mobile premium would then lose their account (and all purchases on said account).
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SilverCruz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Isn't Mobile Premium purchased through the client?

If anything I could see it being a problem to have something listed for free that doesn't actually work in any meaningful capacity without an in-app purchase, but that could maybe be sidestepped by renaming it to "Town of Salem Game Client" and specifying at the head of the description that it doesn't actually work without getting a Premium account.

Also, to just keep the board nice and clean, maybe promote any existing accounts that aren't Premium or Grandfather accounts and which have managed to not get banned to a sort of Grandson account. That way anyone who legitimately uses Ads-For-Play to just play the game can stay in, but that whole "we're leaving free to play to get rid of the bad actors" thing goes back to not being an outright lie.

Of course, the alternative to just go back to free-to-play is still there, but I just have no faith that it would resuscitate the game's population, and even if it did BMG just flat out does not have the resources to deal with that if they can't even keep Ads-For-Play under control.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby mustiboi999 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:30 am

SilverCruz wrote:Yeah this game is dead meat and BMG is going to go under sooner rather than later.

All that talk about "it's a small studio!" and they weren't even paying attention to this game in the absolute slightest. What a joke.

Honestly it kinda isn’t since RP,Ranked And Classic as well as AA and CAA are pretty active
So by that standard it won’t die and even if it is “dead” as you say it still will not matter since All Any is the least toxic and most fun mode in both normal and Coven
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby mustiboi999 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:36 am

SilverCruz wrote:Isn't Mobile Premium purchased through the client?

If anything I could see it being a problem to have something listed for free that doesn't actually work in any meaningful capacity without an in-app purchase, but that could maybe be sidestepped by renaming it to "Town of Salem Game Client" and specifying at the head of the description that it doesn't actually work without getting a Premium account.

Also, to just keep the board nice and clean, maybe promote any existing accounts that aren't Premium or Grandfather accounts and which have managed to not get banned to a sort of Grandson account. That way anyone who legitimately uses Ads-For-Play to just play the game can stay in, but that whole "we're leaving free to play to get rid of the bad actors" thing goes back to not being an outright lie.

Of course, the alternative to just go back to free-to-play is still there, but I just have no faith that it would resuscitate the game's population, and even if it did BMG just flat out does not have the resources to deal with that if they can't even keep Ads-For-Play under control.

Honestly for me idc if the game is a shell of its former self as long as I can still get All Any and Coven All Any lobbies easily I don’t care
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Postby mustiboi999 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:46 am

SilverCruz wrote:Yeah this game is dead meat and BMG is going to go under sooner rather than later.

All that talk about "it's a small studio!" and they weren't even paying attention to this game in the absolute slightest. What a joke.

Honestly it isn’t
Like it isn’t thriving but it’s far from “dead meat” like it still has a player base and Ranked Practice, Ranked, Classic and Both of the All Anys are always very active and it takes very little time to get lobbies
It’s kind of dying but it’s far from truly dead
mustiboi999
Civilian
Civilian

Previous

Return to Suggestions