Adjustments to Cauldron and Shop.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Adjustments to Cauldron and Shop.

Postby SilverCruz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:08 pm

1 - Remove Scrolls and Taunts from the Cauldron. These are both filler items that serve no purpose but to cheat you out of getting something non-renewable (especially Taunts and Scrolls for roles that don't appear in a popular role list, like Arsonist for example), and it feels like a waste of a week to end up with either of them. The 1000 Merit Points the wiki alleges to be a possibility could also bear to be thrown out assuming that it's true that you can sometimes get 300 Town Points from the Cauldron, since I feel that being able to get that 300 Town Points with a level of reliability should be the end-goal of the Cauldron.

2 - Make the Coven purchasable for 3,300 Town Points. That's 1,300 (what 4.99 gets you) plus the 2,000 you get for one of the Premium accounts that you need to buy the Coven expansion in the first place. Sounds fair to me. Cheaper to just buy the expansion flat out, but it makes it more accessible if that thing about the 300 Town Points from the Cauldron is in fact true. Likewise, it should not require a Premium account to buy the Coven this way so that it works for Grandfathers (and free-to-plays if that ever comes back).

3 - Maybe bring back the Ads for Town Points thing that existed for like, five seconds. Combined with 2, this is mainly in the interest of making Coven more accessible (thereby unsplitting the playerbase to some degree) without just giving it away for nothing.

But, ya'know, devs don't want feedback and I'm going to get raked over the coals for insinuating that the monetization be changed in a way that makes premium things more available, so whatever.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Adjustments to Cauldron and Shop.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:47 pm

why you make suggestions just to say later "I know everyone will hate it"

No one likes people who do that, specially if their ideas might be decent, seriously stop it
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby SilverCruz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 pm

I am devoid of faith.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby dolphina » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:29 pm

i am devoid of faith in your suggestions being actually okay.

/nosupport
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby SilverCruz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:51 pm

Okay, got a reason why? Or are you too much of a flat character to actually say why?

Nyee-hee-hee.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby dbpeanut » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:28 pm

This would ultimately be the best consumer friendly thing to do. Like it could legitimately bring more life to Coven and TOS in general.
So if people have a legitimate reason for dislike this, or to rake this idea over the coals, please explain.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:11 am

I personally like getting scrolls in the cauldron. I don't really care about cosmetics that aren't maps, since I use the same cosmetics every game. I think it would be nice if players who received scrolls from the cauldron were able to choose the role of the scrolls, or at least refund the 3 unwated scrolls to get a scroll of a role of their choice.
Another problem is that if people were able to get premium stuff for free every week. no one would buy town points.

The devs said many times that they won't make the DLC free (which would be the case if the Cauldron suggestion was implemented). Then again, they also said they would never move coven roles to the main game yet we have ambushers and hypnotists there.
I don't own the DLC so I don't know how dead it is, but making it more available would be nice. It's not like the game has that many players.
Last edited by Joacgroso on Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:45 am

SilverCruz wrote:Okay, got a reason why? Or are you too much of a flat character to actually say why?

Nyee-hee-hee.

you're post farming and every time you post you make me lose more braincells.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SilverCruz » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:29 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I personally like getting taunts in the cauldron. I don't really care about cosmetics that aren't maps, since I use the same cosmetics every game. I think it would be nice if players who received scrolls from the cauldron were able to choose the role of the scrolls, or at least refund the 3 unwated scrolls to get a scroll of a role of their choice.
Another problem is that if people were able to get premium stuff for free every week. no one would buy town points.

The devs said many times that they won't make the DLC free (which would be the case if the Cauldron suggestion was implemented). Then again, they also said they would never move coven roles to the main game yet we have ambushers and hypnotists there.
I don't own the DLC so I don't know how dead it is, but making it more available would be nice. It's not like the game has that many players.

Like I said somewhere else, cosmetics are weak in this game because they're never the center of your attention. This game would work just as well (which isn't that well if you ask me) if you stripped all the visuals since the center of focus is always text to the bottom left and bottom right of the screen, that being on top of the fact that, just like you, people are going to pick something and stick to it. I rock that default look even though I have other junk laying around.

This game really just needs a Patreon (well, an in-house version of a Patreon anyway) or something if they're that desperate to make ends meet. Maybe it'd make it really sink in how anemic the player-base is...

EqsyLootz wrote:you're post farming and every time you post you make me lose more braincells.

I guess you just can't hear the empty truth.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:45 am

i get 2000 MP and 300 TP every week - currency reward. Its the ONLY thing that drops unless new cosmetics are added, then the new cosmetics drop.....

I figured its because I have 30+ scrolls for all of the roles that can drop (only classic role scrolls drop from the cauldron), 30+ of each taunt, since I hardly use them now (if they drop below that number, the cauldron will spit them out), and every house/pet/skin theyve released (all of those came from the cauldron after I bought all the Merit point cosmetics) - also all those taunts and scrolls are purchasable for merit points.

Idk how many games youve played since 2015, but most players who have been around as long as you are only getting the currency reward (but most players never leave games early, so they have accumulated a lot of MP over the last 5-6 years)....

So I have literally no idea why youre suggesting something, complaining about the devs because ''its not implemented yet'', when clearly it is already implemented, for anyone who has done the longhaul, grinded the game for a few years, and used their MP wisely - (by spending it on crap, so that it doesnt drop from the cauldron).

Its your choice not to save your Merit Points, or even stick around to gather them
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Descender » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:43 am

Joacgroso wrote:I personally like getting scrolls in the cauldron. I don't really care about cosmetics that aren't maps, since I use the same cosmetics every game. I think it would be nice if players who received scrolls from the cauldron were able to choose the role of the scrolls, or at least refund the 3 unwated scrolls to get a scroll of a role of their choice.

i have too many scrolls to want more
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:14 pm

kyuss420 wrote:i get 2000 MP and 300 TP every week - currency reward. Its the ONLY thing that drops unless new cosmetics are added, then the new cosmetics drop.....

I figured its because I have 30+ scrolls for all of the roles that can drop (only classic role scrolls drop from the cauldron), 30+ of each taunt, since I hardly use them now (if they drop below that number, the cauldron will spit them out), and every house/pet/skin theyve released (all of those came from the cauldron after I bought all the Merit point cosmetics) - also all those taunts and scrolls are purchasable for merit points.

Idk how many games youve played since 2015, but most players who have been around as long as you are only getting the currency reward (but most players never leave games early, so they have accumulated a lot of MP over the last 5-6 years)....

So I have literally no idea why youre suggesting something, complaining about the devs because ''its not implemented yet'', when clearly it is already implemented, for anyone who has done the longhaul, grinded the game for a few years, and used their MP wisely - (by spending it on crap, so that it doesnt drop from the cauldron).

Its your choice not to save your Merit Points, or even stick around to gather them

I get 40 Merit Points on a win. It takes me 20 Wins not accounting for daily bonuses to get one Scroll. Good to know, though. I also had a long period of having quit the game because it's really, really not good.

That part hasn't changed.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm

SilverCruz wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:i get 2000 MP and 300 TP every week - currency reward. Its the ONLY thing that drops unless new cosmetics are added, then the new cosmetics drop.....

I get 40 Merit Points on a win. It takes me 20 Wins not accounting for daily bonuses to get one Scroll. Good to know, though. I also had a long period of having quit the game because it's really, really not good.

That part hasn't changed.

then stop playing and dont come here because you have contributed close to nothing and with each post you try to make others feel bad for you
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:17 pm

How am I supposed to contribute anything if the only people who are capable of changing the game don't care about feedback?

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby dbpeanut » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Who in the forums has contributed anything to anybody outside of the forums community? Where's our gamechanging patches smh
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:20 pm

I suppose they meant "contribute to the discussion". In any case, I don't think there's a need to be so hostile.

Also, the OP basically wants BMG to make the cauldron give more premium stuff for free while also making the DLC kinda free if people play for a couple weeks. Regardless of wheter you support that or not, you can't just say "wait 5 years while you log in every day" as a potential solution. The point is keeping coven alive, if it was ever alive.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Well apparently the Cauldron stops giving you scrolls if you have a certain amount of them, so if that's true (not like anyone will ever tell us), then I'm fine with that working as is because they do phase themselves out as long as you keep hoarding them, though it'd also be nice if they'd just tell you flat out "You won't get any more of a certain kind of Scroll or Taunt if you already have this many or more."

Makes me feel kind of dopey for wasting those Retributionist Scrolls, but what can ya do? Also, "a couple weeks" is kind of underselling it. Even if someone bought a Premium and got 300 Town Points five times consecutively, that'd still be five weeks, and the odds are not in the favor of that sort of thing. If they don't get the Premium, it'd still take eleven weeks at minimum with virtually impossible random results to be able to afford the Coven.

I also feel like people who bought all the Premiums and get 160 Merit Points a win are kind of blind to how badly the Grandfathers are treated. But of course Grandfathers are treated badly, they didn't pay up, what good are they?

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Emily372 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:48 pm

Why do I always get Godfather Scrolls?
I have earned three sets of three Godfather Scrolls...
Serial Killer has killed the TT Jailor... and now the Town has congratulated that serial killer for no reason.
That TT Jailor has a will covered in blood, making it unreadable...
Since there is no medium, the town lost to the SK.
Emily372
Witch
Witch

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Hoard them until you have 30, I guess? Apparently that's the magic number.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions