New Mode: Twist Mode

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

New Mode: Twist Mode

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Mode Name: Twist Mode

List: (Completely subject to change because I'm not very happy with the list)
Jailor
Mayor
TI
TI
TP
TS
TK
TK
RT
Godfather
Mafioso
Janitor
Witch
Serial Killer
Neutral Benign
Any (No Vampires)

The role list is extremely similar to the old Ranked list, but several roles have a Twist change. Jailor only has 1 execute, vigilantes have 2 bullets, Witch can click a button to side with Neutrals or the Mafia (Before it choses it can't win at all) and can chat with the Mafia if they chose the Mafia. This will inform everyone what the Witch has choses. The Serial Killer attacks attackers that don't kill, Jesters can kill any voter, and Executioner can get Neutrals as a target. There would be more twists on Mafia and Town roles as well, but I have yet to think of many yet, so if there are suggestions, I'd like to hear them.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Re: New Mode: Twist Mode

Postby ScarfVendetta » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:26 am

I think this is too complicated to be a viable idea. Special gamemodes should ideally have a simple and memorable concept, without too many additional mechanics. These role changes also feel quite arbitrary, which would make it even harder for newcomers to learn and understand.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby SilverCruz » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:01 pm

I think just getting Ranked V3 back as a non-ranked role list would be more helpful in the immediate future.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:42 am

Yeah, there should be a gamemode for people to want to play as neutral in a semi-balanced list. Maybe the NB slot should come back to that gamemode too.
I definitely miss jester games.
Last edited by Joacgroso on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:05 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Yeah, there should be a gamemode for people to want to play as neutral in a semi-balanced list. Maybe the NB slot should come back too to that gamemode.
I definitely miss jester games.

Yeah neutrals definitely need a new home in a actual balanced list, because the only list rn that's semi balanced with NK in it is Lovers, and the only lists with any NB in it is VIP.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Return to Suggestions