if a player leaves on stand

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re: if a player leaves on stand

Postby Descender » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:36 am

this thread is going to shit
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:15 am

Auto-guilty and auto-inno are both terrible ideas and can easily be misused by throwers.

Leaving on the stand isn't allowed anyways and will be fixed by a leaver system.

Auto-innoing will deny exe the win, auto-guiltying will mess with jesters for example. And no jester haunt would be another fix on top of a fix that shouldn't need to be an issue anyways
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby mdntranger » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:35 am

What about a combination of both?

First, if someone leaves while on the stand, no announcement is made until the night period.
Second, rules will have to be modified that you do not have to say anything (can't remember where this sits with the trials e.g. have to defend vs. not saying anything) while on the stand.
Finally, let the voting phase play itself out normally. Exe's/Jesters still get their win with a guilty vote, voting patterns are still available for everyone else. Innocents carry on normally and that same player can be re-voted if the town wants. This will all count towards the daily vote sessions. The announcement that the player had left will happen during the night phase and can not be used to 'game' the voting system for that day.
mdntranger
Witch
Witch

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:32 pm

Yemac wrote:Auto-guilty and auto-inno are both terrible ideas and can easily be misused by throwers.

Leaving on the stand isn't allowed anyways and will be fixed by a leaver system.

Auto-innoing will deny exe the win, auto-guiltying will mess with jesters for example. And no jester haunt would be another fix on top of a fix that shouldn't need to be an issue anyways

auto inno but give exe the win
ezpz
also leaving on stand will never be fully fixed
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:34 pm

Descender wrote:
Yemac wrote:Auto-guilty and auto-inno are both terrible ideas and can easily be misused by throwers.

ezpz

auto inno is a terrible idea, is like you are just reading what you want to read
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:37 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
Descender wrote:

ezpz

auto inno is a terrible idea, is like you are just reading what you want to read

im not
i just also happen to be blind
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:24 pm

I think the way it is right now is fine. Town shouldn't be forced to lynch anyone by the game, and it's also really dumb to prevent town from lynching leavers because that means if the leavers was the last evil, town would have to wait until the next day for the game to end.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:24 pm

OreCreeper wrote:I think the way it is right now is fine. Town shouldn't be forced to lynch anyone by the game, and it's also really dumb to prevent town from lynching leavers because that means if the leavers was the last evil, town would have to wait until the next day for the game to end.

but too many small children guilty the leaver its so irritating
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:56 pm

Descender wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:I think the way it is right now is fine. Town shouldn't be forced to lynch anyone by the game, and it's also really dumb to prevent town from lynching leavers because that means if the leavers was the last evil, town would have to wait until the next day for the game to end.

It is annoying, but it's mostly an issue with newer players. You can also be the person that says "Inno he left". The players that do know the mechanics, outweight the players that don't. Maybe in classic or all any this will work, otherwise... not really.

I do think that what was mentioned earlier (not letting town know whether someone leaves) is something we can discuss. I definitely see positive aspects to that (not just for leavers on the stand), but I can also see downsides (can you vote up or kill a leaver? Does mafia know when someone leaves? Etc. etc.)
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:22 pm

Yemac wrote:
Descender wrote:

It is annoying, but it's mostly an issue with newer players. You can also be the person that says "Inno he left". The players that do know the mechanics, outweight the players that don't. Maybe in classic or all any this will work, otherwise... not really.

I do think that what was mentioned earlier (not letting town know whether someone leaves) is something we can discuss. I definitely see positive aspects to that (not just for leavers on the stand), but I can also see downsides (can you vote up or kill a leaver? Does mafia know when someone leaves? Etc. etc.)

i do say that, ive had townies say "nah" and everyone but me guilties
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Dragnier » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 am

I'm just imagining the good ol' people from Salem, that they are pushing people into the stand so they can reveal what they did the previous day, for them to decide if that person was a witch or not.

They grab the poor Giles Corey, that is so scared that he can't even speak a word, and they decide "Look at this fella, he is too scared that he can't even talk! Let's take him out of the stand, the old Giles is so scared that he will probably just go back to his cottage and hang himself! Yeah, let's do that everyone, so we can question a different soul tonight." the crowd said, as they removed Giles from the stand and let him go back home, so they could angrily grab a different member of the town to interrogate him.

Doesn't make sense, but let's not mess with the strategy.

mdntranger wrote:What about a combination of both?

First, if someone leaves while on the stand, no announcement is made until the night period.

I really like this idea. If the game could somehow delay the announcement of a player leaving until the end of the following night, it will be great. Nobody can know that a person leaves and will believe they are just afk, or not responding, instead of knowing for sure that they really left and make their assumptions based on it. Just when the next day arrives, and the deads are revealed, the game should reveal which players left.

mdntranger wrote:Second, rules will have to be modified that you do not have to say anything (can't remember where this sits with the trials e.g. have to defend vs. not saying anything) while on the stand.

I believe not saying anything on the stand isn't against the rules (It is not gamethrowing). You have the right to remain silent if you decide to do so.

mdntranger wrote:Finally, let the voting phase play itself out normally. Exe's/Jesters still get their win with a guilty vote, voting patterns are still available for everyone else. Innocents carry on normally and that same player can be re-voted if the town wants. This will all count towards the daily vote sessions. The announcement that the player had left will happen during the night phase and can not be used to 'game' the voting system for that day.

I like very much your idea of delaying the announcement until the next day. I think it deserves its own suggestion post as it affects more than just the trials (you could jail a player that left, and even exe him because he is too silent, without knowing the player has already left, or if mafia, you could wait a night targeting a suspicious silent target, ignoring this person has already left too)
Dragnier
Witch
Witch

Previous

Return to Suggestions