outing maf as witch in will should be reportable

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

outing maf as witch in will should be reportable

Postby kubakuba007 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:49 pm

if lynching the witch for the lols as maf is reportable under HS/H, outing all members of the mafia should be reportable as well (or whoever you are siding with). it ruins the game for an entire faction.
kubakuba007
Jester
Jester

Re: outing maf as witch in will should be reportable

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:43 pm

kubakuba007 wrote:if lynching the witch for the lols as maf is reportable under HS/H, outing all members of the mafia should be reportable as well (or whoever you are siding with). it ruins the game for an entire faction.

Unfortunately since Witch is a lone faction in theory. They can not gamethrow by outting others.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Kelisidina » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:00 pm

I disagree, since witch operates alone and can side with whom ever they want
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 pm

no one likes a snitch. if you know a player is witch, and they snitch as witch, out them and lynch them.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:32 pm

kyuss420 wrote:no one likes a snitch. if you know a player is witch, and they snitch as witch, out them and lynch them.

Yeah if witch is siding with ww instead of maf and outs maf just give them a big heads up they don't win while their dead if you get what I'm saying.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Paradox12 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:43 pm

kubakuba007 wrote:if lynching the witch for the lols as maf is reportable under HS/H, outing all members of the mafia should be reportable as well (or whoever you are siding with). it ruins the game for an entire faction.

Imo, lynching the witch shouldn't be reportable at all, since maf doesn't need the witch to win. There is no reason why mafia shouldn't be able to lynch someone when they have majority. It's dumb that saying something like "lynch the witch so they don't get elo" can be considered HS/H, even if the witch didn't play well. You shouldn't have to explain your reasoning for lynching someone as mafia during mafia majority without it being considered a rule-break. Like, that just feels like a random rule that shouldn't even exist.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:34 am

Paradox12 wrote:

Imo, lynching the witch shouldn't be reportable at all, since maf doesn't need the witch to win. There is no reason why mafia shouldn't be able to lynch someone when they have majority. It's dumb that saying something like "lynch the witch so they don't get elo" can be considered HS/H, even if the witch didn't play well. You shouldn't have to explain your reasoning for lynching someone as mafia during mafia majority without it being considered a rule-break. Like, that just feels like a random rule that shouldn't even exist.

I think the point is, if the game is already over.... 3 maf vs 2 town and witch, there is no reason for the mafia to waste a day hanging the witch. Game stalling is also reportable, if i remember correctly
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kubakuba007 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:33 am

EqsyLootz wrote:

Unfortunately since Witch is a lone faction in theory. They can not gamethrow by outting others.

yeah, but it's such a dick move. in my opition, it's just as bad as lynching a witch for the lols when you win as mafia.
kubakuba007
Jester
Jester

Postby cob709 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:10 am

kubakuba007 wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:

yeah, but it's such a dick move. in my opition, it's just as bad as lynching a witch for the lols when you win as mafia.

Sometimes it is, but not always. There is a strategical element for ousting Mafia as Witch. You see, by threatening to reveal the Mafia, they are forced to defend you and convince the Town to vote innocent, otherwise they lose. Information is power, and the Witch is able to use the identities of the Mafia(information) to threaten them to act in their interests(power).
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:39 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Paradox12 wrote:

I think the point is, if the game is already over.... 3 maf vs 2 town and witch, there is no reason for the mafia to waste a day hanging the witch. Game stalling is also reportable, if i remember correctly

I disagree, that would be intentionally doing nothing so the game doesn't end. Lynching the witch isn't game stalling because mafia is still lynching someone, and as long as they kill the 2 other townies, it shouldn't be against the rules. I feel like some aspects of the rules (such as this one) shouldn't really exist because all they do is restrict the way the game can be played. Mafia shouldn't be forced to let the witch win, nor anyone else that wins with them. The only people mafia should have to help win are themselves.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kubakuba007 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:01 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Paradox12 wrote:

I disagree, that would be intentionally doing nothing so the game doesn't end. Lynching the witch isn't game stalling because mafia is still lynching someone, and as long as they kill the 2 other townies, it shouldn't be against the rules. I feel like some aspects of the rules (such as this one) shouldn't really exist because all they do is restrict the way the game can be played. Mafia shouldn't be forced to let the witch win, nor anyone else that wins with them. The only people mafia should have to help win are themselves.

just imagine you helped mafia all game. you helped some get off the stand or diverted attention to another "threat". and finally, there is only one townie left to lynch. but then the mafia gives you the middle finger and lynches you for no reason. you got cheated away from your victory because of something you couldn't control. how would you feel?
kubakuba007
Jester
Jester

Postby Cookazoo2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:10 pm

The definition of game throwing, I believe, is “deliberately hurting your faction’s chances of winning.” It‘s possible to GT in a solo faction only on the merit that you count as a faction.

By revealing the names of the Mafia members, you are deliberately hurting the Mafia’s chances of winning, yes, but you are also doing the same to yourself. Therefore, it could be considered GT to oust the Mafia while still alive.

However, threatening the Mafia with this information isn’t gamethrowing, since you have not publicly revealed this information. The only ones entrusted with the information are the people who are directly threatened by it – the Mafia. If you do not state the information itself but instead the awareness of the information, you are not gamethrowing, as you did not reveal the information, only the presence of it.

The trick here is in the timing of your threat. If it’s in your will and you die, you have already lost the game by the time your will is revealed, thus, you can no longer play to your win condition, and, thus, cannot harm your chances of winning by ousting the Mafia.

In addition, even though one example of GT provided is a mafia member putting other mafia member names in their will, note that is only listed for Mafia/Mafia, and not Witch/Mafia.

In short, /nosupport since this is a legitimate tactic.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:36 am

kubakuba007 wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Paradox12 wrote:

just imagine you helped mafia all game. you helped some get off the stand or diverted attention to another "threat". and finally, there is only one townie left to lynch. but then the mafia gives you the middle finger and lynches you for no reason. you got cheated away from your victory because of something you couldn't control. how would you feel?

Obviously that would suck, but I don't think something that happens as rarely as that should mean that mafia suddenly isn't allowed to kill the witch. The only players that the mafia have to let win are themselves, nobody else. Mafia should be free to make anyone else lose, just like town is free to deny wins from NBs, NEs, and NCs. Town can choose to make all non-townies lose, why shouldn't mafia be able to choose to make all non-mafia lose?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 pm

Obviously that would suck, but I don't think something that happens as rarely as that should mean that mafia suddenly isn't allowed to kill the witch. The only players that the mafia have to let win are themselves, nobody else. Mafia should be free to make anyone else lose, just like town is free to deny wins from NBs, NEs, and NCs. Town can choose to make all non-townies lose, why shouldn't mafia be able to choose to make all non-mafia lose?

Tbh town killing witch when its imposible for them to win should be also reportable

Mafia should be punished for making people lose elo just for the lols (I think Favorable said that rule is only for ranked because in other modes, witch can side with more than 1 faction, but I may be wrong), its just unfair that a bunch of trolls take away your win just because they are an ass and want to make you lose

So, unless witch was bad/throwing/trying to get a solo witch win, that rule is perfectly fine
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby CapWarrior2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:Tbh town killing witch when its imposible for them to win should be also reportable

Hmm yes makes sense.
Using this logic, It should be reportable for Anyone who is inevitably going to lose, to lynch a Executioner that hasn't gotten the win yet.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

The Witch should be able to out the Mafia, as the Mafia will commonly out the witch after they come out to them. Witches being able to out the Mafia will make them think twice about doing this, which helps out the Witch. The Witch should also be allowed to out the Mafia and help all the single factions and/or the Town if they please after death.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 pm

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:

Tbh town killing witch when its imposible for them to win should be also reportable

Mafia should be punished for making people lose elo just for the lols (I think Favorable said that rule is only for ranked because in other modes, witch can side with more than 1 faction, but I may be wrong), its just unfair that a bunch of trolls take away your win just because they are an ass and want to make you lose

So, unless witch was bad/throwing/trying to get a solo witch win, that rule is perfectly fine

Why is witch given this kind of immunity though? Players should be allowed to kill whoever they want, as long as it's not repeated harassment for something that happened in a different game or something like that. If the mafia wants the witch to die, then that's just bad luck or the witch played badly. It doesn't make any sense for mafia to be banned from lynching the witch, and it makes even less sense for town not to be able to do it. Also, sometimes people have their reasons, but they just don't want to say it. Like, if a witch played badly, the mafia could just say "lynch the witch so they don't get elo", which is technically guilty for HS/H, but it shouldn't be because the witch played badly and it was just that the mafia didn't specify any reasons. And imo, it's absurd that you have to justify your lynch AS MAFIA or it is AGAINST THE RULES.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby CapWarrior2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 pm

Well like leaving, anyone saying they should specifically lynch the witch should be a guilty report, atleast it would solve some of the problem. Otherwise your gonna have to deal with it, like everyone has heartbreaking with it.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:55 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:Well like leaving, anyone saying they should specifically lynch the witch should be a guilty report, atleast it would solve some of the problem. Otherwise your gonna have to deal with it, like everyone has heartbreaking with it.

Why should mafia not be allowed to lynch someone who's not a direct part of their faction?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby CapWarrior2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:Well like leaving, anyone saying they should specifically lynch the witch should be a guilty report, atleast it would solve some of the problem. Otherwise your gonna have to deal with it, like everyone has heartbreaking with it.

Why should mafia not be allowed to lynch someone who's not a direct part of their faction?

But you are hurting your factions chances of winning, which is gamethrowing, and you are directly admitting to it, acknowledging you do in fact know you are lynching the witch.
(Which is basically another member of maf in ranked)
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Suggestions