Adding "Leaving" as reason for report.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Do you want a "Leaving" report reason to be added.

Poll ended at Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 7

Adding "Leaving" as reason for report.

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Greeting's BMG.

I regularly do the trial system in order to justify the guilty or innocence of others and I tend to find a frequent and reoccuring problem that has yet to be fixed.
In the trial system "Leaving" is considered a catagory for judging reports... The only issue is that all the leaving reports are duplicated reports by other jurors. And the reason for this is simple. There is currently no "reported" for leaving system implemented in the in game report a player function.

Overall adding a punishable by leaving will be extremely positive overall. Leaving isn't punishable by gamethrowing's rules rather if there's an accurate report of a player confession to AFK or Leaving it needs to be inno'd under gamethrow and duped to leaving.

Another thing i've noticed is Gamethrowing reports are clogged up with Leaving reports as well. At least 60% I say. And adding a "Leaving" Report option would clear up SO MUCH of the reports making managing the queues much easier as well as insuring players who break the rules dont get unnoticed due to clogged Gamethrowing queues.

Earlier today I used the trial system bot on Discord. And there is over 15k gamethrowing reports in the queue. Lots of them consist of leaving so it's better if all the leaving players get catagorized in one area so actual gamethrowers like those who out their teammates dont go under the radar by having their reports never looked at due to the high ammount of leaving reports.

TL;DR for the lazy ones.
Adding a Leaving reportable reason is a great idea as:
- Saves time for the jurors instead of having to dupe every report
- Doesn't clog up the gamethrowing queue.
- Makes town of Salem a better place by giving actual gamethrowers what they deserve.

I'm unsure whether this would fall under trial-system suggestions however i'm putting it in here none the less.

Thank you.
Last edited by EqsyLootz on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Adding "Leaving" as reportable punishment.

Postby cob709 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:47 pm

Would make it easy to just speed through a bunch of leaving reports
/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:57 pm

No

People are always complaining about how the game kicks them out of the game or they internet cuts out.
Why would you think making ^ punishable is ok? This would only make the problem worse.
I would say only in Ranked.

(Even then probably no)
Last edited by CapWarrior2 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:No

People are always complaining about how the game kicks them out of the game or they internet cuts out.
Why would you think making ^ punishable is ok? This would only make the problem worse.

If you bothered to read my post you would see it's for Trial System only. I am NOT saying leaving should be a punishable offence I am saying to add it's own queue. Leaving and Afking under the terms of the trial system indicate that only if the leaver and or afker confesses to their actions before doing so.

obviously leaving wouldnt be punishable unless it follows those terms.
Last edited by EqsyLootz on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:59 pm

I'm pretty sure that leaving reports are for intentional leaving, like when 3 Mafia members leave D1.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:00 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:

I'm pretty sure that leaving reports are for intentional leaving, like when 3 Mafia members leave D1.

yes, exactly. Leaving isn't Guiltyable even if confessional under gamethrowing. It needs to be duped to Leaving.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:

Their is no 100% way for you to know if one of them really had a proper dc or just left though.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:04 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:

If you bothered to read my post you would see it's for Trial System only. I am NOT saying leaving should be a punishable offence I am saying to add it's own queue. Leaving and Afking under the terms of the trial system indicate that only if the leaver and or afker confesses to their actions before doing so.

obviously leaving wouldnt be punishable unless it follows those terms.

I dont do the trial system, but that seems fine then.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:25 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

Their is no 100% way for you to know if one of them really had a proper dc or just left though.

The only way someone can be banned for leaving is if they say. "I'm Leaving" then leaves. If someone leaves without saying anything they have to be inno'd as it could be a dc.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:28 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:

The only way someone can be banned for leaving is if they say. "I'm Leaving" then leaves. If someone leaves without saying anything they have to be inno'd as it could be a dc.

In that case I support
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby dolphina » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:45 pm

/support
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Re: Adding "Leaving" as reason for report.

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Leaving was once available as a report reason in-game. We had to remove it due to constant abuse and botting, and now has to be duped off Gamethrowing reports.

This will not be readded. Apologies.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paradox12 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:15 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:Leaving was once available as a report reason in-game. We had to remove it due to constant abuse and botting, and now has to be duped off Gamethrowing reports.

The more I read this, the less sense it makes. How can a report reason be "abused"? If you're talking about false reports, that already happens a lot with gamethrowing reports. Otherwise, I don't see what can possibly constitute as "abusing" a report reason.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby dolphina » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:35 pm

F in the chat
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby CapWarrior2 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:53 pm

Paradox12 wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:Leaving was once available as a report reason in-game. We had to remove it due to constant abuse and botting, and now has to be duped off Gamethrowing reports.

The more I read this, the less sense it makes. How can a report reason be "abused"? If you're talking about false reports, that already happens a lot with gamethrowing reports. Otherwise, I don't see what can possibly constitute as "abusing" a report reason.

I'm assuming someone went in with a bunch of bots to report anyone who left.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby cob709 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:05 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:
Paradox12 wrote:

As Town of Salem has been moved to p2p, this should no longer be an issue.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Paradox12 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:03 pm

cob709 wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:
Paradox12 wrote:

As Town of Salem has been moved to p2p, this should no longer be an issue.

I mean, someone can just go in with a bunch of bots and report everyone in the game for gamethrowing...or any other reason. There's no system in place that prevents players from reporting another player for a specific reason. I don't see why leaving should be singled out. And besides, people already tend to report everyone who leaves right now, since every time you see someone disconnect, about 4 or 5 people in the game immediately start screaming to report them.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:53 am

The botting and scripting mentioned was someone mass-duping and Guiltying leaving reports and causing a huge influx of reports, all you could ever find were Leaving reports (prior to filters being in Trial) because of this. It's less about botting in-game and more about botting in-Trial, however we still have 'botting' issues in-game as well, as irrelevant as that is to the argument. If myself and TP ask, we could probably get the Devs to re-add it, but I wouldn't cross fingers or get your hopes up, since this requires Dev intervention, and we want to avoid more abuse in Trial.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:48 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:The botting and scripting mentioned was someone mass-duping and Guiltying leaving reports and causing a huge influx of reports, all you could ever find were Leaving reports (prior to filters being in Trial) because of this. It's less about botting in-game and more about botting in-Trial, however we still have 'botting' issues in-game as well, as irrelevant as that is to the argument. If myself and TP ask, we could probably get the Devs to re-add it, but I wouldn't cross fingers or get your hopes up, since this requires Dev intervention, and we want to avoid more abuse in Trial.

What stops those from botting Spamming?
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:11 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:The botting and scripting mentioned was someone mass-duping and Guiltying leaving reports and causing a huge influx of reports, all you could ever find were Leaving reports (prior to filters being in Trial) because of this. It's less about botting in-game and more about botting in-Trial, however we still have 'botting' issues in-game as well, as irrelevant as that is to the argument. If myself and TP ask, we could probably get the Devs to re-add it, but I wouldn't cross fingers or get your hopes up, since this requires Dev intervention, and we want to avoid more abuse in Trial.

You can't exactly run a script that counts spamming vs running a script that checks for "has left the game". There isn't a system message written to the log to bot it.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paradox12 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:08 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
EqsyLootz wrote:

You can't exactly run a script that counts spamming vs running a script that checks for "has left the game". There isn't a system message written to the log to bot it.

I mean can't someone do that with any reason? Someone could just mass guilty all spamming reports regardless of validity and still achieve the same effect. If the leaving reports weren't valid, they would get innoed like any other invalid report. I still don't get what you mean here.
Paradox12
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:32 am

Problem with it being added for a reason to report, is that it would encourage players to report disconnects and innocent reports, as noobs would think its against the rules because the category is there.

But, like OP said, noobs are reporting it anyway and the G/T category in trials is getting spammed with inno leaving reports, where the player left day 1 or during role wheel without saying a word.

My suggestion would be to add a ''I got butthurt'' category as a reason for report, becuase if there really is 15000 G/T reports in queue, I would predict 10000 are for leaving (9000 of those would be ''left day 1''), 4000 are salt reports and 1000 would be actual guilty g/t reports
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby EqsyLootz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 am

kyuss420 wrote:Problem with it being added for a reason to report, is that it would encourage players to report disconnects and innocent reports, as noobs would think its against the rules because the category is there.

But, like OP said, noobs are reporting it anyway and the G/T category in trials is getting spammed with inno leaving reports, where the player left day 1 or during role wheel without saying a word.

My suggestion would be to add a ''I got butthurt'' category as a reason for report, becuase if there really is 15000 G/T reports in queue, I would predict 10000 are for leaving (9000 of those would be ''left day 1''), 4000 are salt reports and 1000 would be actual guilty g/t reports

That is a very accurate. I tend to guilty like 1 out of 15ish gamethrowing reports. Simply due to the fact that most are leaving and more are invalid. As someone being stupid does not warrent a guilty. Only a clear gamethrow can be guiltied such as claiming your role or outing your teamates, admission to gamethrow or killing a confirmed town.

But regardless the fact is that many legit gamethrowers get away with their crimes simply because of the flood of reports. I understand it would be an issue but some people have much more time managing leaving reports then Gamethrowing reports. Regardless of botting.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:45 am

yea, even when you disable ''leaving'' as a category to vote on half the gamethrow reports still have ''leaving'' ''left day 1'' etc as the description.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions