Town Traitor picking

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Town Traitor picking

Postby cob709 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:23 pm

Let the mafia pick who the town traitor is. This might seem extremely overpowered and it seems like a "conversion role", but it's better than having the Town Traitor assigned randomly at the start of the game. Though, this could be balanced by forcing mafia to give up their night kill to convert or forcing all mafias to visit the traitor. Letting mafia choose the Town Traitor will force players such as a Jailor or Mayor to stay hidden so that they aren't converted. In addition, Mafia won't get undesirable players on their team. Overall, letting mafia pick their Town Traitor will be beneficial because it forces both factions to play more strategically.

Possible ways to implement this:
  • Either Godfather or Mafioso can have a night ability and select themselves to choose whether or not their target will be converted that night. Instead of attacking their target, they will convert them instead.
  • Give Godfather or Mafioso a day ability to convert someone into a traitor
  • etc etc
These are some broad ideas, specific interface system should be left up to developers.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Re: Town Traitor picking

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:48 pm

cob709 wrote:Let the mafia pick who the town traitor is. This might seem extremely overpowered and it seems like a "conversion role", but it's better than having the Town Traitor assigned randomly at the start of the game. Though, this could be balanced by forcing mafia to give up their night kill to convert or forcing all mafias to visit the traitor. Letting mafia choose the Town Traitor will force players such as a Jailor or Mayor to stay hidden so that they aren't converted. In addition, Mafia won't get undesirable players on their team. Overall, letting mafia pick their Town Traitor will be beneficial because it forces both factions to play more strategically.

• Either Godfather or Mafioso can have a night ability and select themselves to choose whether or not their target will be converted that night. Instead of attacking their target, they will convert them instead.
  • etc etc
These are some broad ideas, specific interface system should be left up to developers.

No, it should be assigned randomly. The point of Town Traitor is that anyone can be the Traitor, and it should be assigned randomly. Also it's better that the traitor starts off as the traitor, because otherwise mafia starts off with an even greater disadvantage, and encourages shit like jailor chain jailing the mafia killing so they can't kill (or convert) anyone.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby cob709 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
cob709 wrote:Let the mafia pick who the town traitor is. This might seem extremely overpowered and it seems like a "conversion role", but it's better than having the Town Traitor assigned randomly at the start of the game. Though, this could be balanced by forcing mafia to give up their night kill to convert or forcing all mafias to visit the traitor. Letting mafia choose the Town Traitor will force players such as a Jailor or Mayor to stay hidden so that they aren't converted. In addition, Mafia won't get undesirable players on their team. Overall, letting mafia pick their Town Traitor will be beneficial because it forces both factions to play more strategically.

• etc etc

No, it should be assigned randomly. The point of Town Traitor is that anyone can be the Traitor, and it should be assigned randomly. Also it's better that the traitor starts off as the traitor, because otherwise mafia starts off with an even greater disadvantage, and encourages shit like jailor chain jailing the mafia killing so they can't kill (or convert) anyone.

Of course, anyone can still be the traitor.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Except the people who ask for tp, like the jailor.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Except the people who ask for tp, like the jailor.

I was thinking the opposite, that this would result in the Jailor being TT most of the time (then usually getting lynched, but hey, Jailor down!).

Depends on whether the TT conversion bypasses all protection.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby cob709 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 pm

This change might also result in the Jailor meta(atleast in TT) being countered, as jailors will be reluctant to claim because town will suspect them of being converted to TT.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:44 pm

The TT selection being a player's choice instead of RNG might also help with the scumreading. It's much more interesting to try to guess what choice a particular person might have made than to try to get that person to hint to you which number the dice rolled.

I'd force the evils to pick their traitor N1 and not any other night, though (in exchange for the choice of TT being impossible to prevent or detect as it happens, sort of like a Jester haunt).
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:21 am

I think it's a good idea for mafia to convert someone during the first night instead of killing, bypassing all protections and eventually roleblocking.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Suggestions