Restricted Classic

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Restricted Classic

Postby vonunov » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:03 pm

I'm sure this might have been mentioned before, but there are too many search results.

I like playing casual games with the classic role list, but when I say "casual" I don't mean that you don't need to try to win, I just mean "not ranked" / "don't have to wait in queue". I would love to be able to play Classic without constantly having to remind people about arcane details like what the Framer does, how SK roleblock kills work, and the fact that Random Town exists.

Has anyone suggested a restricted Classic only for players who already qualify for Ranked?
vonunov
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Restricted Classic

Postby cob709 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 pm

I suggest playing Ranked Practice.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 am

This seems like a really niche demand. I can imagine this being another dead mode where 15 players never join like Mafia Returns and Rainbow
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Yemac » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:00 am

If you really like the rolelist, I'd suggest going to a ToS discord server, or the discord server of a Youtuber that plays ToS, and create a party. With this party you can create a custom game that has the classic rolelist without being repicked 2 million times. Like PleaseRead says, it seems very niche and it would also spread the playerbase even more making other modes lose players (since those players would go to this mode)
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 am

Besides, if players were competent no one would like playing as evil. Most scum would probably leave, since a decent town would have an 100% winrate with such a low claimspace.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 am

Joacgroso wrote:Besides, if players were competent no one would like playing as evil. Most scum would probably leave, since a decent town would have an 100% winrate with such a low claimspace.

I mean even currently, evils are just as dumb as town, if not dumber. I've seen godfathers who repeatedly try to kill an immune for the entire game, and people who leave the second they get voted up.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby cob709 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:Besides, if players were competent no one would like playing as evil. Most scum would probably leave, since a decent town would have an 100% winrate with such a low claimspace.

I mean even currently, evils are just as dumb as town, if not dumber. I've seen godfathers who repeatedly try to kill an immune for the entire game, and people who leave the second they get voted up.

it's less of "dumb" and more of "uncoordinated"

usually i like to attack immunes so that town gets confused
my brain is big
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby vonunov » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 pm

These make sense, I figured it might end up having an effect of making actual classic even worse / deserted so I'll try some of the other ideas, thanks
vonunov
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Suggestions