A Better Custom Lobby

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

A Better Custom Lobby

Postby Juraz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:08 pm

Right now the Custom game lobby is slow to fill and prone to stalling due to repick cycles from everyone wanting host and then countdown leave trolling by those who have lost host. If instead of the one lobby you could choose to create a new one or join an existing one, perhaps with a name and or role list visible from the already made lobbies, people who want host and would otherwise spam repick could just make their own lobby and players would be able to choose whatever looked fun to them instead of having only the one custom game available at a time. This may increase custom game wait times as there would be more options, however many custom game players have specific lists they want to play anyways, and the easier ability to get into games you actually want to play may draw in more players thereby decreasing wait times.
Juraz

Re: A Better Custom Lobby

Postby Joacgroso » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 am

I totally support this. I always thought this was something the game needed. I proposed a similar thing in the post linked in my signature.
I also think the game should allow players to play in private lobbies with friends, with only 2 players required to start a game (players wouldn't get wins, merit points or achievements for playing in private lobbies), which would attract shy players to the game and allow groups of friends to have very casual sessions without having to ruin other people's games in gamemodes like classic.
As you said, having multiple lobbies to choose would make games harder to start, which isn't a small problem since this game doesn't have such a big playerbase (look at the coven, Dracula's palace and rainbow). That's why I think the ability to host lobbies should be limited. In order to host a lobby players should have to pay some amount of merit points (or town points). Otherwise they would only be able to join public lobbies hosted by someone else. Private lobbies should be free to create. The host would be repick immune and would be able to kick people from the lobby, making them unable to join again. If there are less than 3 public lobbies created, creating a new public lobby should be free.
I really want this to get implemented so I can play custom with my friends.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby OBeauPeep » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am

The custom game lobby does need something to fix it, and this may be the only answer, but this would not guarantee the repicking and countdown leaving stops entirely.
OBeauPeep
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:11 pm

If lobbies were created the way I suggested, repicking the host shouldn't be a thing. Countdown leaving could be prevented by making players unable to join a lobby if they joined twice or if they were kicked from it.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Ezradekezra » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:20 pm

I agree that custom lobbies shouldn't just use the same matchmaking system as every other mode except Ranked. Maybe this could be applied to all modes or something, so that you see a list of open lobbies instead of a list of modes.

/support
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Return to Suggestions