Make the links rule more clear in game

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Do it now

Yes
100%
Yes
No votes

Total votes : 1

Make the links rule more clear in game

Postby jUnion44 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:42 pm

Greetings,

It is an absolute embarrassment to our community how there has been a rise in reports filed for Hate Speech/Harassment against players who post links in the chat. However, these reports tend to get juror inno'ed by jurors who don't read the Pay to Play rules guide clearly linked in the Rules Tab. Alternatively, they get exceptioned because the links rule isn't the most well-known rule as I have only seen it in the Pay to Play guide and Trials itself. As some appeals have mentioned the Wiki rules are dated and the Trial System itself is contradictory. The trial system states that links are prohibited "except Twitch/YouTube" while the guides say "of any kind." The official rules page simply states "No Posting Harmful/Inappropriate Links" instead of "No posting any links at all" as it should. Please fix that.

I'm not asking to make links guiltied more harshly instead of exceptioned (or less harshly), but I would like more clarity in game and on the BMG rules page about posting links in the chat and fix the Trial System/Rules Page to reflect the Pay to Play Guide. There are people who post links who legitimately don't know (or assumed it's ok based on the Wiki/Rules page) in the chat who have gotten suspended and had to appeal. For example, one player (not naming him) accumulated 5 exceptioned link reports. When his 6th link report gave him a suspension, he appealed and was "placed on notice." That player did not post links in the chat anymore. This incident would have never happened if it were clear that links were suspendable outside of the forums/Trial System. No volunteer staff member would have had to gone out of his/her way to deal with it and instead they could focus on more serious offenses like racism and hate speech.

And another suggestion I thought of a while back: replace "The Trials" with "The Trial System" in the Terms of Service or explain to me what "The Trials" is.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.
-jUnion44

[EDIT]: Another idea is to just redirect blankmediagames.com/rules to the Pay to Play Rules Google Doc in the Trial System or include a link to that on the rules page.

I would appreciate it if someone responded thanks.
My in game name is Zinc Sulfate.
jUnion44
Witch
Witch

Return to Suggestions