Replace NK slot with NC for ranked

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Replace NK slot with NC for ranked

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:01 pm

First, I'll state the obvious reason that something regarding NK in ranked needs to change: winning is virtually impossible. Sure, winrates may not be too bad, but can anyone remember a game where they or someone else won as NK without the final town member(s) deciding to give the NK the win? I haven't, and I'm of the opinion that if a role can't win without taking advantage of its pitiful ineffectiveness, it needs to change.

The first idea I thought of was to just severely buff all NK roles, but that would only be good for ranked and would wreak havoc on the All Any gamemode, where there can be multiple NK-aligned players in any given game. My thought now is to simply remove the NK slot from ranked play and replace it with a NC slot. Obviously in classic, this would essentially be adding a vamp slot (there are no other NC roles in classic) but, to go along with this change, the NC alignment could be populated with new roles that would be properly powerful in order to be truly threatening as a "lone wolf" in ranked (think pestilence- or juggernaut-level disruption).

The overall theory of this suggestion: NK roles are not powerful enough to realistically win solo in a ranked setting, but they should not be buffed, because they work well in other gamemodes. Therefore, a "new" class of roles (NC is not new, but it's been pretty barren for its entire existence) should be introduced that is specifically balanced so that it can be effective even with no allies.
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Re: Replace NK slot with NC for ranked

Postby dolphina » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:09 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:First, I'll state the obvious reason that something regarding NK in ranked needs to change: winning is virtually impossible. Sure, winrates may not be too bad, but can anyone remember a game where they or someone else won as NK without the final town member(s) deciding to give the NK the win? I haven't, and I'm of the opinion that if a role can't win without taking advantage of its pitiful ineffectiveness, it needs to change.

The first idea I thought of was to just severely buff all NK roles, but that would only be good for ranked and would wreak havoc on the All Any gamemode, where there can be multiple NK-aligned players in any given game. My thought now is to simply remove the NK slot from ranked play and replace it with a NC slot. Obviously in classic, this would essentially be adding a vamp slot (there are no other NC roles in classic) but, to go along with this change, the NC alignment could be populated with new roles that would be properly powerful in order to be truly threatening as a "lone wolf" in ranked (think pestilence- or juggernaut-level disruption).

The overall theory of this suggestion: NK roles are not powerful enough to realistically win solo in a ranked setting, but they should not be buffed, because they work well in other gamemodes. Therefore, a "new" class of roles (NC is not new, but it's been pretty barren for its entire existence) should be introduced that is specifically balanced so that it can be effective even with no allies.

frick vamps
The playerbase hates vamps and the devs know this so it's not happening
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:14 pm

frick vamps

I personally love vamps, but that's not really what this change is about, anyways. As I said, it's about replacing the NK slot with roles that are balanced to win alone. If vamps don't seem to fit that, they can be changed to NK or NE, or a new alignment could even be created to house the new powerful roles (Neutral Power? Neutral Destruction?)
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:20 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:
frick vamps

I personally love vamps, but that's not really what this change is about, anyways. As I said, it's about replacing the NK slot with roles that are balanced to win alone. If vamps don't seem to fit that, they can be changed to NK or NE, or a new alignment could even be created to house the new powerful roles (Neutral Power? Neutral Destruction?)

Vamps. Are. Not. Ever. Fricking. Getting. Into. Ranked. Deal with it. The devs have tried it already. It was not popular. And, honestly, I'll take NK over Vamps any day. I'm sure most of the playerbase would agree. This isn't about your fricking opinion. This is about NKs and the unpopularity of vamps. They're not good roles anyway. If you try to make a RI version of Vamps, you'll get comments like "No conversions!"

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:28 pm

This isn't about your fricking opinion.

My opinion about vampires? Why, of course it isn't, because this suggestion isn't about vamps at all, as I've said twice now.
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:09 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:

My opinion about vampires? Why, of course it isn't, because this suggestion isn't about vamps at all, as I've said twice now.

The devs would not willingly put NC in Ranked

Also new NC roles are never coming

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:15 pm

dolphina wrote:
xXbigboi69Xx wrote:

Are you a dev, or is your source for this claim a dev? If not, this is unconstructive.
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm

I actually don't hate vampires! but I hate the idea of them being in ranked they generally need to be reworked to be more fun to be a faction instead of a badly done role, VH also is poopy.

currently I feel like Nks all need to be buffed and saying that would make them OP in all any doesn't really hold merit for the fact that you normally will only get 1 or 2 nks of the same type there.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby OreCreeper » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:22 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:First, I'll state the obvious reason that something regarding NK in ranked needs to change: winning is virtually impossible. Sure, winrates may not be too bad, but can anyone remember a game where they or someone else won as NK without the final town member(s) deciding to give the NK the win? I haven't, and I'm of the opinion that if a role can't win without taking advantage of its pitiful ineffectiveness, it needs to change.

You do realize that the only NC role in classic is vampire, right? So you're basically saying to put vampires in ranked, because that's the only role that can spawn in classic ranked from the NC slot. And that's a horrible idea that I hope you understand why its trash.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Brilliand » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:11 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:My opinion about vampires? Why, of course it isn't, because this suggestion isn't about vamps at all, as I've said twice now.

So basically, you don't have a proposal.

Your proposal is "Instead of NK, do something completely different from NK, idk what".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:29 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:
dolphina wrote:
xXbigboi69Xx wrote:

Are you a dev, or is your source for this claim a dev? If not, this is unconstructive.

They're only patching the game the only time they've added new roles is when coven came out and in the early stages I believe

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Suggestions