The login screen should tell you when you are banned

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

The login screen should tell you when you are banned

Postby MadameLugia64 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:27 pm

During whatever happened to cause a bunch of random forum accounts to get banned, my main account was among the victims. Instead of saying anything indicating that the account was banned, trying to log in just lead to the "captcha failed" message. Because of this, I thought the system had been glitching and not registering the captcha, and attempted to log in several more times before having to go ask a GMod through Discord what was going on and then, finally, learning that my account had been banned. All of that was an annoying waste of time that delayed discovery of the problem without doing much to deter actual trolls who would be banned for valid reasons. It needs to go. The regular game tells you without obfuscation if your account has been banned, so the forums should too.
MadameLugia64
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: The login screen should tell you when you are banned

Postby dolphina » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Spoiler: /support. I'll take up the moron's habits, because, why not?
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 pm

MadameLugia64 wrote:During whatever happened to cause a bunch of random forum accounts to get banned, my main account was among the victims. Instead of saying anything indicating that the account was banned, trying to log in just lead to the "captcha failed" message. Because of this, I thought the system had been glitching and not registering the captcha, and attempted to log in several more times before having to go ask a GMod through Discord what was going on and then, finally, learning that my account had been banned. All of that was an annoying waste of time that delayed discovery of the problem without doing much to deter actual trolls who would be banned for valid reasons. It needs to go. The regular game tells you without obfuscation if your account has been banned, so the forums should too.

That's how it works already.

The issue is your were in the process of the table to be unbanned, and therefor while phpbb worked on emptying it, you were stuck in limbo. (i.e: captcha)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MadameLugia64 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:35 pm

So, it was just a bug (and from the sound of things, an unfixable one)
Alright, well that sucks
MadameLugia64
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Suggestions