More use of colors

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

More use of colors

Postby MewNyanFan700 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:17 pm

Hello! I've made a few suggestions before, though none that should be as easy as implement as this one.
It's quite the simple suggestion - just use colored text more. This can make it simpler to notice what's going on when chat moves quickly.

During the day, each player is assigned a color. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. (May need to be tweaked individually, but you get the idea.) This helps player chat be more visually distinct, especially when chat is moving fast and there's 13 (or more) people talking.
Whispers would look like this:
(13) John Proctor is whispering to (2) Giles Corey.
(13) John Proctor: Hello, Giles!

While I appreciate the change of the Jailor being yellow, it mixes with system messages (players leaving, Mod banning someone, etc.) I suggest the Jailor being this color-ish (#408040), since as far as I'm aware, the only greens in text are whispers, "has voted", and "was killed by" messages, which both appear only during the day and are much brighter.

The dead chat being dark gray fits thematically, but makes it not stand out as much between other messages. I suggest that the messages are fully red.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a nice day c:
Favorite roles: Serial Killer, Godfather, Arsonist, Witch
Least favorite roles: Basically none of them!

PFP from here, background is custom.

hehe i made my own flair B)
MewNyanFan700
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Re: More use of colors

Postby Robbytherobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm

/support but NO YELLOW PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF MY EYES
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby Flavorable » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:12 pm

This is an absolute pain for colorblind people. Not to mention, in my opinion, completely unnecessary. There are already filter options, we don't need to add a migraine of colorful eyesores to it.

/nosupport
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Robbytherobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:49 pm

I would think they should add it as an option like chat numbers are, I REALLY thing some players would like this.
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby MewNyanFan700 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:24 am

Robbytherobot wrote:/support but NO YELLOW PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF MY EYES

Okay, yeah, that yellow was a poor choice on my part. At least it sticks out! /j

Flavorable wrote:This is an absolute pain for colorblind people. Not to mention, in my opinion, completely unnecessary. There are already filter options, we don't need to add a migraine of colorful eyesores to it.

/nosupport

You make a fair point for colorblind people. Maybe you could customize the colors yourself, and the rainbow is just the default?
For your other points: while it's not 100% necessary, it would help in scenarios where #1 is named Becky and #2 is named Pecky, for example. As for causing migraines- it could be toggleable, so if you think it's an eyesore, you could turn it off.

Robbytherobot wrote:I would think they should add it as an option like chat numbers are, I REALLY thing some players would like this.

That's why I suggested it! c:
Favorite roles: Serial Killer, Godfather, Arsonist, Witch
Least favorite roles: Basically none of them!

PFP from here, background is custom.

hehe i made my own flair B)
MewNyanFan700
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby Robbytherobot » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:32 am

I think it should just be white by default but you could switch this on like numbers.
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby cob709 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Would be nice to change the player name color. But not the message.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Off the top of my head I don't remember the exact categories anymore, but we did separate out different message colors based on what they do. Maybe these categories need to be broken down further.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Suggestions