Improving the TT Countdown System

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Improving the TT Countdown System

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm

(I'm actually shooketh nobody's talking about this--if I missed a post about it please tell me thanks :) )

So I'm sure most of us TT players have been in many games with the new addition of the 3 day countdown timer. The town usually avoids this by narrowing the town down to one confirmed mafia member and the TT, then intentionally keep the mafia member incapacitated but alive to evade the countdown. Then, they spend days on end randomly lynching until they hit the town traitor. This obviously isn't the purpose of this mechanic, and I may have a few suggestions.

1) Have a fixed number of days until the mafia wins automatically, regardless of in-game mechanics. This essentially does the same thing as the current countdown, but without the loophole.

2) Remove the countdown and give the TT a mandatory nightkill in addition to their role's abilities.

3) Or, most radically, make the TT something of a mafia VIP -- if they die, the town automatically wins.

I hope one of these options will help improve the gamemode!
Favorite Roles:Survivor, Necromancer, Jailor, Plaguebearer,(even though it never wins.)Executioner,
Worst/Most boring roles:Framer, Disguiser, Forger, Hex Master, Medium, Retributionist, Vigilante.

Spoiler: Yes, I know my signature is unoriginal. Deal with it.
xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Improving the TT Countdown System

Postby Savagepeyton » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 pm

/support I have seen town win with the leave last mafia member cheat many times. It needs to be fixed.
Savagepeyton
Executioner
Executioner

Postby dolphina » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:00 pm

/nosupport I think Savagepeyton doesn't know how game balancing works
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:35 pm

xXIllegalPotatoXx wrote:1) Have a fixed number of days until the mafia wins automatically, regardless of in-game mechanics. This essentially does the same thing as the current countdown, but without the loophole.

I've previously proposed that the TT countdown starts based on total number of players dead, regardless of whether those players are evil.

Here is the thread where the TT countdown rule was decided on: Lone Town Traitor needs to be able to kill
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:18 pm

This should become a less valid strategy in the future as we have plans to limit the Jailor to not be able to jail the same target twice in a row. Will it still be possible to lock down the Mafia, yes, but it will require more coordination, and if it continues to be a problem, then we can reevaluate things.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Suggestions