Allow players to use the old UI

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

New UI or old UI?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:07 pm

Old UI
33%
New UI
67%

Total votes : 18

Allow players to use the old UI

Postby Myamdane » Sat May 16, 2020 11:07 pm

The new UI that was implemented a while ago is, to say the least, vomit-inducing. It is so incredibly foul and condescending I am at awe that BMG actually thought it was a good idea to bring it into the game. Not only does it look worse, but it completely ruins the feel of the game.

Now I understand that this is a completely subjective issue. Some people may appreciate the new UI, which is why I think it is important to allow players to choose between either the old UI or the new one.

In reality, the old UI doesn't have that much difference in functionality compared to the new one so I don't see any issue with players using either UI. By only allowing the new UI to be used BMG is alienating their old players with this disgusting mobile garbage.

Give us choice.
Myamdane
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Allow players to use the old UI

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sat May 16, 2020 11:32 pm

First of all everyone I have talked to on this subject matter including myself agree the old UI is super Uuuglllyyy brooooo in comparison to the new UI. Secondly the new UI has tons of new features like Notes and Chat Filter and icons showing you stuff and yeah... Finally the old UI has tons of bugs that will never be fixed....
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Myamdane » Sat May 16, 2020 11:36 pm

CrimsonKatana wrote:First of all everyone I have talked to on this subject matter including myself agree the old UI is super Uuuglllyyy brooooo in comparison to the new UI. Secondly the new UI has tons of new features like Notes and Chat Filter and icons showing you stuff and yeah... Finally the old UI has tons of bugs that will never be fixed....

As I said before, this is subjective, which is why having an option to either enable or disable the new UI is important.

As for your claim that the old UI has "tons of bugs", I'm really not sure where you got that from. I played with it for probably 5 years and only encountered a bug every blue moon, in fact I'd say the new UI has as many bugs as the old, which is to say next to none.
The Town of Salem, 1692
Myamdane
Executioner
Executioner

Postby CrimsonKatana » Sat May 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Well I got my bug information from the report bug section of the forums and I've read like every post since like December and there's people who come in with bugs from the old UI and they always say something like "this is a known bug cuhhh and yeah fam it ain't getting fixed cuh"
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Flavorable » Sun May 17, 2020 4:41 am

The old UI is Flash based. Flash is dying, so we're switching to a UI that is Unity based.

The old UI will not become available afterwards, since this UI is made in Flash.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby emslaya » Sun May 17, 2020 3:59 pm

As a ToS Web player that's been participating in the TT Beta on PTR, (PTR uses what I assume will become the Web version's UI once the unity port happens), I agree that the style difference between the Flash UI and Unity UI is kind of distracting at first but you quickly get used to it.

My major gripes with the Unity UI, (based on what I've experienced in PTR), are the fact that you can't copy/paste text into or out of the tab ToS is open in and the nightmarish lag that occurs when trying to open up the catalog. I really hope that these two issues are resolved before the unity port happens.

The new UI has a lot of great features that I'm excited to see soon in the web version though!
For example:
    - Chatlog filters
    - Numbers by playernames in the chat
    - Roles of faction members (if non-town), rezzed players, and revealed mayors are listed by the player's name in the player list
    - An area to take notes that is separate from the will
    - Ability to push a button that posts all content from your Will or Notes in the chat
    - Cause of death is listed for all players in the graveyard
    - If you are a Hex Master, a symbol appears by all of the players you have hexed so far in the player list. You also have a symbol listed by your Exe/GA target in the player list as well. I'd imagine this would also be the case for Arsonists, Plaguebearers, etc. but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm personally super excited for the new UI because of all of these nifty features but still really hope they fix the two problems I mentioned earlier as they are very annoying.
Join ToS Friends!

ToS Friends is a community of friendly folks who ❤️ Town of Salem. The server features opt-in lobby pings to fill your ToS games faster, (which is super helpful for filling certain gamemodes), & also often dabbles in party games like Jackbox, BGO, etc together!

Join & make more ToS Friends!: http://www.discord.gg/tosfriends

Disboard: http://www.disboard.org/server/709446612728021033
emslaya
Witch
Witch

Postby Transcender » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 am

i do like the new features but I find the new UI to be overly clunky alot of the time.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby kyuss420 » Tue May 26, 2020 4:10 am

i dont like that the will doesnt auto save on closing in the new UI. Also the will fonts are smaller. and the ''confirm'' button for certain roles, like CL or trans....

that my complaints.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Flavorable » Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 am

kyuss420 wrote:i dont like that the will doesnt auto save on closing in the new UI. Also the will fonts are smaller. and the ''confirm'' button for certain roles, like CL or trans....

that my complaints.

There's two "close" buttons on the will. One for closing and saving (top right) and one for closing without saving (top left), in case you accidentally removed your will.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby leveria » Tue May 26, 2020 7:11 am

i find new UI a bit annoying because font is a bit too big and it doesnt fill so many lines in one window as it used to be, also click on chat to review old texts is a nightmare in the new UI..

if these are fixed things will be much better
leveria
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Suggestions