Suggested Roles to add to Mafia

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Suggested Roles to add to Mafia

Postby AngelicsMystery » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:39 pm

My friends and I suggest making a mafia equivalent of Retributionist and Doctor. We feel this would make the game more interesting to have mafia have a someone who could bring back a maf role opposed to having to rely on an amnesiac remembering evil. and a doctor type would make it more interesting as well considering they would have to prove why they are protecting certain roles.
AngelicsMystery

Re: Suggested Roles to add to Mafia

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm

The devs have expressed dislike of "Mafia equivalent" roles. True, Consort is one of these (and Consigliere to a lesser extent), but it would be better to make any new Mafia roles into their own thing.

A Mafia Retributionist would be particularly bad, because any evil role that got revived would promptly be lynched again (they were confirmed evil when they died, after all).

The Mafia also... doesn't have much reason to heal people. Maf is way better off with a role like the Hypnotist, that pretends to save lives but doesn't actually do so.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Re: Suggested Roles to add to Mafia

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:31 am

buy the coven DLC. They have a Potion Master who can use healing potions.

As for the ret idea.... why would you res an evil faction just to have them lynched the next day? I guess it would work if you ressed when you were about to be in a 3v3 situation.. Or if you ressed a disguiser... but thats the only 2 situations it would actually be useful.

Also in the coven DLC, they have a Necromancer who can revive a player from the graveyard for 1 night.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions