Ability to fast-forward night timer

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Ability to fast-forward night timer

Postby FRCFresh » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:53 pm

I've been having this idea of an ability to vote for fast-forward the night timer. It would have to be confirmed by every single alive player (regarding the dead, the Medium can simply choose not to fast-forward). Players won't know how many players have voted to fast-forward the night timer. They will only be notified about the decision as soon as everyone has decided to fast-forward it. Once the fast-forward is confirmed and approved, the night timer will be fast-fowarded to 2 remaining seconds, to move onto the next day.

Side effects: Most notable being Mafia will appear as if they've chosen their targets too quickly and Jailor deciding execution too quickly, lack of a Medium. Indeed, one player may choose not to use the feature to "prove" their Medium claim, or claiming Medium while there are dead players that haven't left the game and the night is fast-forwarded, it could invalidate the claim, or just make it more suspicious to others.

The real benefits: Most roles require that those 35 seconds of the night be utilized, so it's quite possible that fast-forwards will barely be used; at least in the early game. In late game, when one's actions are certain, and with fewer players, it leads to game conclusion sooner, often times that being about over a minute. While this does not sound like a lot; it stacks up, especially to hardcore players that play ranked everyday, hoping that the game will once again have a much more active community.
My role ideas:

FRCFresh
Jester
Jester

Re: Ability to fast-forward night timer

Postby CrimsonKatana » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Yeah no one's gonna do that
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Ability to fast-forward night timer

Postby woahah » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 am

Xlranet wrote:This would only apply to the situations where people are in vet mafia 1v1s and stuff like that, which in the end are pretty rare. The spare time can be put into scumreading stuff from the chat which I usually do

subtle flex
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Suggestions