Solo intro for new players

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Solo intro for new players

Postby RadioActiveLamb » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:36 pm

As a new player, I feel overwhelmed. Picking "play" -> "classic/normal" -> "solo", I thought I'd be truly playing solo to learn. Instead, thrown into a game of 15 people. I had no idea how to work the interface, what all the roles did, and that countdown timer! It makes the heart race. Anyway, I'd like a truly "solo" play and maybe a tutorial so that I'm not ruining other peoples' games by playing stupidly.

The YouTube videos I've found are fairly terrible for learning how to play.

Thank you
RadioActiveLamb

Re: Solo intro for new players

Postby Flavorable » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:16 pm

There is no way to tutorialize the game, really, because no AI will ever react nor play nor chat the way real humans do.

Your best bet, if you're too overwhelmed by the game, is to browse through the Wiki Page to read up on how roles and abilities work e.t.c., besides that, the best option is just to jump in. Classic is made specifically for new players and with limited roles available as to make it easier for new players to get a grip on how to play the game, you shouldn't worry about ruining other peoples' game in Classic, since the whole point of that mode is to learn.

It'll get easier and easier the more you play.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:32 am

A "tutorial" where you play with a group of highly predictable and easy-to-manipulate bots would at least serve to help new players learn the interface.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PikamanUltra » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Mabe even have pre-progammed bots, and tell the player their roles, its actions, and basically give the player info votes, and go through all the scenarios and strategies, it would take a while to make, but it is a neat idea and should probably me priority in the post-unity Tos
Check out my role ideas lol,
Nurse
Devil's advocate
Engineer
Telepath
Firefighter

Btw they're not all town lol
I currently go by as CovenNineteen, but when the pandemics over I'll change back to my usual, which is Postwillandrole
PikamanUltra
Witch
Witch

Postby CrimsonKatana » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Didn't there used to be a tutorial? I swear when I first started playing there was...
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby ARandomDouche » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:30 pm

CrimsonKatana wrote:Didn't there used to be a tutorial? I swear when I first started playing there was...

I remember! It was the serial killer that helped. I played it within the... erm "something realm."
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:54 am

Throne of Lies also has a tutorial, so we should definitely be able to get one again here. Seems like a good QoL feature, even if it's really simple.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Return to Suggestions