Mayor

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Mayor

Postby ElleJoy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Less a suggestion, more a question, I guess? What is it about the mayor role that makes them suddenly the world's biggest buttholes... And is there a way to fix this? I'd say on average, 8/10 mayors I've played with immediately start acting like bossy morons the minute the reveal - random lynching, screaming at people to listen to them, telling jailor to jail them for 'protection'. The amount of times this happens makes me honestly hate this role and wonder how it's even of any use...

The three vote thing is great, but only if they haven't already lynched 90% of the town by the time the game is over...
ElleJoy
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Mayor

Postby nicholasleejy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:51 am

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely", that's how I would describe these people.

All roles are useful depending on the situation and if played well, I can see most of these things as part of a strategy, minus the bossy and screaming part. I don't see a Mayor often enough, but this happens with plenty of other roles where these people think they're super important and they're always right (I've once seen a GF and even a Psychic that behaved like this). Sometimes I could see this as a troll, or maybe a regular player getting into character just for the fun of it (like the Pirate, YAAARRRGGHH) but got taken in the wrong way (remember, it's just a game).

Based on what you've described, those people are probably just as insufferable with whatever role they have. If there's hate speech/harassment or gamethrowing involved, just report it, besides that, I'm not really sure if there's anything that can be done. There are always plenty of jerks in any game.
*Town puts the pirate on trial for killing a townie*

YAAAAARRRRRGGGHH, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW I PLUNDERED A TOWNIE ?!?!

*Town lynches the pirate*

Lesson: Don't get mad at the pirate, leave them be or tell them who to plunder and he'll oblige. (most of the time)
nicholasleejy
Jester
Jester

Re: Mayor

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:47 am

VFR by Mayor is a good tactic, tho you dont have to guilty everyone you put on trial. I always get mayors that reveal at crucial game saving times, then make the worst possible lynch they could make and hand mafia the game
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions