Small suggestion for the new iso feature

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Small suggestion for the new iso feature

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:00 am

I just played a game with the new iso feature and I love it so much, but I have one minor gripe with it. The fact that the game uses big speech bubbles to show the numbers near each person's name makes the drop down menu when picking someone to iso too big and spaced out, with not enough names viewable at the same time. It seems like this was designed for mobile, and I guess it's fine there, but on Steam there's no real reason we should be limited to viewing four names at a time on a menu that could probably hold twice as much if the speech bubbles weren't so big. A smaller speech bubble like the ones used in the actual chat log next to each message would be preferred.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Re: Small suggestion for the new iso feature

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:27 pm

What is the "iso feature"? I play on web, so I'm sure I won't see it directly, but I'd like to know what you're talking about.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Basically you can iso people now. There’s a drop down menu to select a player at the top of the chat log (which I am currently nitpicking), and a check box to toggle whether to highlight messages from the player in question or remove all messages not from that player. It’s amazing.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:42 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:Basically you can iso people now. There’s a drop down menu to select a player at the top of the chat log (which I am currently nitpicking), and a check box to toggle whether to highlight messages from the player in question or remove all messages not from that player. It’s amazing.

So this is the "filter chat messages by player" feature I saw mentioned in another thread? Why are you calling it "iso"ing them? I've never seen "iso" used as a verb before.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CrimsonKatana » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm

I know dude they're trying to force an annoying term, I guess it's short for isolation filter but I would just call it the logs filter... Like ChEcK yOuR iSo, yeah I'm not gonna say that I'm gonna say check the filter in your logs...
There really was no light in my room and I really couldn't see my keyboard
CrimsonKatana
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:39 pm

My use of the term is not the point here.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:46 pm

I have a feeling a dropdown menu is the wrong interface for this feature. Putting this feature in a menu obtained by rightclick/longtouch on a player in the main players list, or on any chat message by that player, would make more sense to me; that way you only have a menu with 2-3 options, instead of 15.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:55 pm

Brilliand wrote:I have a feeling a dropdown menu is the wrong interface for this feature. Putting this feature in a menu obtained by rightclick/longtouch on a player in the main players list, or on any chat message by that player, would make more sense to me; that way you only have a menu with 2-3 options, instead of 15.
I suppose that could work. The one I bolded would be preferable if they went with this approach, as the feature seems pretty tightly attached to the chat log.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:32 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
Brilliand wrote:I have a feeling a dropdown menu is the wrong interface for this feature. Putting this feature in a menu obtained by rightclick/longtouch on a player in the main players list, or on any chat message by that player, would make more sense to me; that way you only have a menu with 2-3 options, instead of 15.
I suppose that could work. The one I bolded would be preferable if they went with this approach, as the feature seems pretty tightly attached to the chat log.

It's probably better the feature be accessible from both places. The reason is you might occasionally want to search for messages from someone who you haven't necessarily seen talk. (Maybe there's someone who's been quiet, and you want to check whether he's been completely silent.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby FrankieZ » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:26 am

Brilliand wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Basically you can iso people now. There’s a drop down menu to select a player at the top of the chat log (which I am currently nitpicking), and a check box to toggle whether to highlight messages from the player in question or remove all messages not from that player. It’s amazing.

So this is the "filter chat messages by player" feature I saw mentioned in another thread? Why are you calling it "iso"ing them? I've never seen "iso" used as a verb before.

Just for context regarding the term ISO, it’s been commonly used in games of forum mafia for a long time. Off-site examples/definitions below:

1. "ISO is short for isolation, the set of a single player's posts with all other players' posts ignored. The process of looking at a user's ISO is therefore the process of looking at their posts by themselves out of context. On Mafiascum, it is rather simple to do this as at the bottom of any given page you can choose to look at posts by any one user."
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=ISO
  2. "ISO – Refers to (an) isolation, which is where a player gives a read on another player by reading / reviewing just player's posts in isolation (i.e. without reading other players' posts). This is often a very good strategy to use when putting together a read on another player because it allows you to evaluate the quality of their posts and determine whether they collectively suggest whether a player is more likely to be Town-aligned or scum-aligned."
    https://sc2mafia.fandom.com/wiki/Forum_ ... erminology
FrankieZ

Postby orangeandblack5 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:29 am

^that

So yes very support
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:05 pm

Is it just on unity version so far?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:29 am

Indeed it is. Although that's to be expected as Flash is getting no new updates.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Suggestions